Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure this has been posted somewhere here before, but I can't be bothered to search for it. I'm hoping that the team can complete the RPD demo, if not the full game, by the would-be 20th anniversary of Resident Evil 1.5 (May 2017), had it been the official Resident Evil 2 instead.

Originally posted by Capcom USA
    THE HORROR SPREADS IN RESIDENT EVIL 2

SUNNYVALE, Calif. [Capcom USA Headquarters] -- November 25, 1996 -- All the mystery, suspense, and horror that video game players loved to fear returns in Resident Evil 2. Taking off where Resident Evil ended, Resident Evil 2 will deliver even more spine-chilling graphics, a new compelling storyline, and endlessly demanding action. Other enhancements to Capcom's blockbuster smash hit include, an entirely new cast, faster gameplay, and more enemies leading to intense, nail-biting action scenes. With the goal of capitalizing on a genre-establishing success, Capcom's developers have once again risen to the occasion. Resident Evil 2 plans to earn its own reputation as a PlayStation success. Resident Evil 2 is scheduled to release in May, 1997, exclusively for the Sony PlayStation.

After Resident Evil, the highly-skilled team of S.T.A.R.S. has left the area having made the discovery of clandestine bio-genetic experiments being conducted on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Now referred to as the "Umbrella Incident," citizens of this once peaceful town are slowly recovering from the havoc wreaked by the experiments and the violence it caused. Around this same time a high occurrence of a seemingly minor skin rash has begun to spread. With Resident Evil 2 there's a new problem in Raccoon City where death is the preferable option.

Two new leading players are introduced in Resident Evil 2: Leon Scott Kennedy, a rookie cop whose first assignment is in Raccoon City and Elza Walker, a college student earning her tuition as a daredevil motorcycle racer who's home for her vacation. When the first discovery is made of the new and inhuman terror, police headquarters seems like the best place for protection. But then again, maybe not.

This sequel has some pretty big footsteps to follow. Resident Evil was the number one best-selling game on PlayStation for over 20 weeks, earning worldwide sales in excess of 1.5 million units and launching a whole new "Resident Evil-like" gaming genre. Anticipation is high for the sequel with both retailers and customers. "We're sure our audience will be pleased," says Simone Seydoux, product marketing manager of Capcom Entertainment. "Shinji Mikami, Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2's designer, was very anxious to get started on the sequel. During the development of the original, he had many ideas for

gameplay and scenarios that he was unable to implement due to timing and the newness of the development tools. Now that he and the team have expanded their ideas and ability to use more of the PlayStation capabilities, we know Evil 2 will more than live up to everyone's expectations."

Care has been taken by Capcom to address any issues that came up after the release of Resident Evil including Americanizing the script. "I don't know. I think we're all going to miss the 'master of unlocking'," continued Seydoux, recalling one of the more notorious lines from Resident Evil. "We at Capcom have a deep affection for Resident Evil which continues to sell - now, to a new and larger PlayStation audience. But we're also waiting with the legion of fans who've played the first game to play and be frightened by the new Resident Evil 2."

Capcom Entertainment, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Capcom Co., Ltd., is a leading force in the multi-billion dollar interactive entertainment industry. The company develops, markets and distributes coin-operated games and home video games for the Sony PlayStation, Sega Saturn, and Super Nintendo. Capcom Entertainment, Inc. is based in Sunnyvale, California.
    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 11-01-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
      That 2D shit killed Nicholai
      Nicholai won't be joining us, or will he?

Comment

• Are the Re3 models bulkier? he looks kinda tubby and has no neck hows Carlos for comparison?.
        Mikhail must look massive.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post

I need one of these for the Remake models
          Last edited by Unmasked; 11-03-2016, 08:50 AM.
          ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post

I would do for months models RE3 to RE2 but I got lazy and did only Jill, Jill STARS, Regina, Brad takes much apart that I filled the empty space to not be noticed and resolve the effect skirt Jill.

And as a matter of is game breaks to do anything with Jill.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.png
Views:	1
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	404963
            Resident Evil 2: Back 2 Origins

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-...back-2-origins

sigpic

Comment

• Doesn't look like 100% correctly "ported" tbh, his arms are screwed, and his head "flies".
              Last edited by SolidSnake11; 11-03-2016, 04:12 PM.
              I miss the old times.

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidSnake11 View Post
                Doesn't look like 100% correctly "ported" tbh, his arms are screwed, and his head "flies".
                Hmm. Looks fine to me except his pant legs are inverted. The floaty parts are due to RE3 models being setup as single solid objects, whereas in 1/1.5/2 they are split up into separate parts for each body part. That unfortunately can't be avoided. I can probably cap the holes where the part was cut off, but it's hardly noticeable in game anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NicholaiComparison.png
Views:	1
Size:	333.0 KB
ID:	404964

All of the male characters in RE3 are chunky compared to their RE2 counterparts.
                Last edited by VirusPunk; 11-03-2016, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• I don't know if it's possible (I suspect it is). Are the developers considering adding modern control scheme such as L1 to aim and R1 to shoot? I recently tried going back to older games and found the differing layouts quite confusing.
                  Thanks

Comment

• I don't know if it's possible (I suspect it is). Are the developers considering adding modern control scheme such as L1 to aim and R1 to shoot? I recently tried going back to older games and found the differing layouts quite confusing.
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by batjon View Post
                      I don't know if it's possible (I suspect it is). Are the developers considering adding modern control scheme such as L1 to aim and R1 to shoot? I recently tried going back to older games and found the differing layouts quite confusing.
                      Thanks
                      I imagine the control scheme is similar to RE1 and RE2. That was the original set up in the beta.

Comment

• I had notifications of Loboto 3 tweets this morning but I cannot see them. What were they?
                        sigpic
                        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Didn't see this video posted yet

Comment

• Edit: double posted sorry
                            Last edited by leftshoe18; 11-29-2016, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Wait.. I thought the battle coliseum demo was just... the battle coliseum. Part of the main game is available too?

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                                Wait.. I thought the battle coliseum demo was just... the battle coliseum. Part of the main game is available too?
                                No, Gemini is still using that menu, just as a placeholder.
                                I miss the old times.

Comment

Working...
                                X