Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
    I've read in more then one place that you used computers to save.
    Yet. Funnily enough, we've not really seen a whole lot of those scattered around. What we have seen, though, are the item boxes (which look like some sort of home edition of a giant trash compactor) - which at least in all other RE games have kinda been in the same room as Typewriter save points - rooms that in 1.5 appear to be completely lacking in computer tech (unless they've all surprisingly well been hiding in camera angles we've not seen yet.)
    Last edited by Carnivol; 09-30-2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
      (Also; Raccoon City is NOT a large city, its population was barely above that of a village.)
      A population of 100'000 is barely above that of a village? I don't think we live on the same planet.
      Last edited by Rick Hunter; 09-30-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
        Try applying that approach to a sequel to a hit game and you'll see a million fans moan about how the sequel's just a reskin of the original, without anything new to offer and so forth. Like how people moan about every form of shooter ;D

In the creative process, this is clearly why stuff like Mr. X gets thrown in, the lickers (enemies with special/abnormal properties), A/B scenario structure, more "uncontrolled" Birkin mutations, etc. - whilst at the same time preserving the parts of the original that made it "iconic" and making better ties to the original for future planning - ie. Haunted House, but which sadly blew up ... so ... new Haunted House, family ties, some corruption, inner conflicts, etc..)
        Buddy, take a look at 1.5. It had everything the original had, plus more. It had a lot of weapons, some new, new enemies, Spider-Man creature, Gorillas, Crocodiles, lots of new features, blood-staining clothes... Do I really have to name them all? Everything you just described about RE2 retail, 1.5 did. It used the original as a base, and expanded on it.

And trust me, 1.5 used computers to save. The memory cards were used in place of Ink Ribbons, and you used the memory cards at computer terminals. Simply look at all of the extracted backgrounds, and Inflames' exclusive images. The computers were used to save. It's pretty obvious. Especially in the lab room that was similar to RE2, where there was a typewriter, there was now a computer. And it made more sense, then having typewriters everywhere.

And obviously that other thing we've seen was the item box.
        Last edited by RetroRain; 09-30-2012, 03:51 PM.
        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
          Buddy, take a look at 1.5. It had everything the original had, plus more. It had a lot of weapons, some new, new enemies, Spider-Man creature, Gorillas, Crocodiles, lots of new features, blood-staining clothes... Do I really have to name them all? Everything you just described about RE2 retail, 1.5 did. It used the original as a base, and expanded on it.

And trust me, 1.5 used computers to save. The memory cards were used in place of Ink Ribbons, and you used the memory cards at computer terminals. Simply look at all of the extracted backgrounds, and Inflames' exclusive images. The computers were used to save. It's pretty obvious. Especially in the lab room that was similar to RE2, where there was a typewriter, there was now a computer. And it made more sense, then having typewriters everywhere.

And obviously that other thing we've seen was the item box.
          Are these facts, buddy? 'Cause we be dealing in irrefutable facts only in here. Why don't you release that completed copy of 1.5 you clearly have.

This has become the soundtrack to this thread for me.

Comment

• There's a rather giant design flaw behind the idea that computers (or at least the computers we know of from available media and backgrounds) were used for saving, and that is the very fact that the only computers we know of being placed in what's likely a safe room is the ones in some room(s) in the labs (probably the same one you're speaking of, and the only reason we've even got to assume that it's a safe room is because of what the purpose of the room is in the final game).

Having the majority/all of the save points in non-safe rooms sounds highly unlikely and not like something that they were actually doing ;D

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              I find that hard to believe. While it would have been harder to expand on the overall story, RE3 could have still worked, as the version we got served more as a prequel or sort of side quest to RE2, as opposed to an actual successor. You wouldn't have had to change anything really, Jill comes to Raccoon City looking for Chris and searches the RPD before taking off into the streets as she tries to escape the city from the stalking Nemesis. I don't see any reason why I wouldn't look forward to that any differently to what we got, RE3 is what it is, whether they finished 1.5 or turned it into RE2 would have no effect on the concept of the side story. Sure there would be some slight differences but the main concept could have remained the same, perhaps it would have been superior to learn more about Raccoon city in this way, you never know.
              1.5 - had more creatures, shoot a zombie blood goes on ur clothes...there seemed alot more stuff on 1.5 that wer on re2 and 3

Comment

• Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
                1.5 - had more creatures, shoot a zombie blood goes on ur clothes...there seemed alot more stuff on 1.5 that wer on re2 and 3
                i always thought RE3 is a lil bit "made in a hurry" aspect. yah, it's an amazing game and all that, but, the streets are so small, all the amazing places jill visits it's just some rooms and corridors... it could be vastly better explored.

Comment

• Regarding the computer vs. type writers, from a design perspective, it actually makes more sense to use type writers. They are iconic with the series and are much more visible. There are already many computers scattered throughout the RE games. It may have been confusing for the player as to which computer was a save computer and which was not. Also, if you're in an area without power, computer would be completely useless for saving. I can see why they chose to go with the type writers. We should note that this makes perfect sense in the context of RE1 as well.

Regarding the herbs vs. medicine, we actually got both. The First Aid spray is basically medicine in spray form. The only difference in 1.5 would've been that the First Aid spray was the only medicine, and it also came in Antiviral form (pink First Aid spray). So if anything, they added another element with herbs. We should note, again, that this is exactly the same in RE1 as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                    pics, or it didnt happen lul

Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
                      The blood thing is completely wrong. The blood system/concept in 1.5 was based around player injury. Get injured by enemies and your clothing would rip. It's a nice damage indicator idea, but absolutely silly when it comes to the medication/healing side of things.

As for more creatures? What?

Here's just off the top of my head, so correct me if I'm wrong;

RE1.5
                      -Zombies
                      -Dogs
                      -Gorillas
                      -Alligators
                      -Spiders
                      -Crows
                      -Spider-Man
                      -Birkin

Total count (not counting reskins/variants): 8
                      Total count (excluding recycled RE1 enemies): 4

RE2
                      -Zombies
                      -Lickers
                      -Dogs
                      -Crows
                      -Plants
                      -Moths
                      -G-imago
                      -Mr. X
                      -Alligator
                      -Birkin
                      Total count (not counting reskins/variants): 10
                      Total count (excluding recycled enemies): 7

Comment

• Can someone help me pinpoint the "lost corridor" of the Labs? I know we can do it if we put our heads together.

Also, if someone could tell me what that Japanese font is at the beginning of the video, it would be a huge help for doing the translations.

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                        -Spider-Man
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	22981925.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	401694

Comment

• Can someone help me pinpoint the "lost corridor" of the Labs? I know we can do it if we put our heads together.
                          That is the corridor on B3 leading to the emergency ladder/exit.

Having the majority/all of the save points in non-safe rooms sounds highly unlikely and not like something that they were actually doing ;D
                          So you are implying the "trash compactors" could also be used to save then?
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                            Regarding the computer vs. type writers, from a design perspective, it actually makes more sense to use type writers. They are iconic with the series and are much more visible.
                            How could have something been iconic in the series when there had been only one game released so far? It doesn't really make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                              That is the corridor on B3 leading to the emergency ladder/exit.
                              http://i48.tinypic.com/104p9v7.jpg
                              Whoa! I must have outdated maps then...

If that map is accurate (it seems to be), then where does this room fit in?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM5XX024.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	401695

Comment

• Hello, I currently believe that "the lost corridor", is connected with these two:

And here The Lost Corridor playable in RE2 made by SeiyaK0u:

Comment

Working...
                                X