Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even if this was based on information for how the room looked in 1.5, as a concept, it seems largely unfinished. If that was the case, it probably was just filled with "stuff" until the team agreed on a more final concept for the area. In the grand scheme of things, it's just a nook under the stairs, it doesn't need to be overly detailed or elaborate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      What about the RE2 museum turned police station in which there are no restrooms? Don't take it too seriously.
      Point but as we can see 1.5's areas were a lot more realistic (police station wise anyways)

Comment

• i don't think that curator showed all the rooms available in the beta. IIRC he didn't know how to play well and he used debug to jump between some rooms.

and also there could be more backgrounds inside the beta that weren't used

Comment

• Most likely. I think small unimportant areas like the staircase were probably not included in this beta. Whether the rooms were on the disc or not, we don't know yet. A lot of the comparison images we are using come from a much more complete beta.
          Last edited by doriantoki; 10-09-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
            Funny, I put the kennel in the same place as you did before I decided to change it. This is what I mean that it is difficult to make maps based on theories, I could make maybe 3 maps of the same floor with all the rooms in a different positions.

I do not understand why you are changing it? And why is it in this thread instead of the one I made? You could have mentioned this in the other thread? It seems as if you just want me to make maps so you can alter them and say, see this is how it is supposed to be. YOu are right and I am wrong.

I was going to put 2 versions of the same floor, then I thought people would complain. Would you be happy if I put 1 version of a map or more?

Also, I do not see 6 rooms for the dogs, only 4. In my original basement map, I thought there were 6. But looking at the 2 images of the kennel, they only show 4 rooms. NO evidence of 6 rooms. And I do not think 6 dogs attack you at once in one area, it looks as if it is about 3 or 4, and no more.
            It's common knowledge that your map-making abilities surpass mine; my only concern was the placement of the Kennel. I only have one version of your RPD B2 map (which was part of the batch to which you had directed me a few months ago), so I had nothing else to go by. Also, as I said above, even this concern is speculative. The reason I posted it here was because this new "leak" confirms your theory; the modification of your map was a related afterthought after re-examining your B1/B2 maps. I guess I could have split up my post and posted my modification on the other thread instead. It says a lot about the quality of your maps when I can only find one thing strange with a fundamentally unknown layout; my approach is complimentary, not critical.

Yes, I'd love to see as many versions of your basement map as you can make, then everyone can make more informed speculations.

Even though you cannot see all six cells/cages at once, that doesn't mean that they are not there. Take another look:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2_kennel_01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	401744Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2_servicearea_00.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	401745

In the first angle, you can see the middle and rear cells. In the second angle, you can see the middle and front cells (nearest to the corner of the L-corridor).
            If Leon were to take even a single step backwards, you would see Elza's view. Likewise, if Elza were to take a few steps towards the camera, you would see Leon's view. Am I 100% sure? No, but I think I have a fairly good reason to believe that there are six cells. If someone can explain to me why there can only be four cells, I would be happy to hear.

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
            I'm having some trouble identifying the following camera angles in your map.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7246[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7245[/ATTACH]

How do you fit in the camera angle with Leon in your map? From the looks of it, I'm going to guess that's the L-section that leads to the 6 kennels, correct? But if so, where's that camera angle where Elza is fighting the dogs? The kennel placement seems logical considering that it's farther from the staircase and closer to the firing range, especially if the dogs attack from the vents (in the F.R.). I'm not sure if that last part was ever confirmed though..
            Hopefully my response to Black~Crow can help clear some of this up for you.

Those two images are of the same corridor. In the first image, the cages are not rendered, and in the second one they are. It seems like an odd discrepancy (it certainly is), but the variables amount to the camera angle and main character in question.

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
            By the way, I forgot to respond you earlier, but the translations from the scans that I was talking about were from the Famitsu Issues and Hyper PlayStation Re-Mix Vols. I uploaded them a few months (?) ago, but if you want to, I can send them to you. There's also a few "incomplete" magazine scans that Ridley organized in his magazine scan database. I'm uncertain how much additional information they might contain, but since we don't have any release dates of those magazines, we don't know if the information they contain comes from the Famitsu beta, PlaystationMuseum beta or final beta. If you want, I can send you a PM with them all.
            I have a huge batch of Famitsu and Hyper PlayStation Re-Mix scans (I think you may have uploaded them on Bioflames a long time ago?), which volumes/articles are they specifically?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
              I know, it just seems awkward for the team to create this section so they can include the typewriter.

The team is working on the PlayStation Museum beta, correct? I don't recall this section being in that beta. If I remember correctly, the beta jumped rooms. The 1F to Basement was one of them, right? So why did the team add something that's not present in the beta, and have no confirmation that was included in the final beta (as far as we know)? In the staircase screenshot, there's no indication that there's an hallway beneath the stairs.

My point is perhaps the team came across some "incomplete" pre-rendered background of the staircase, so they completed and took some liberties with the assets used.
              That's what I'm thinking too.

The stairwell probably isn't playable on the PSM-era beta, but the untextured backgrounds can probably be found on the disc itself. The modder then simply used the Inflames-exclusive image as a guide to texture the entire area himself. As for the objects in the nook, they were probably just guesses.

Comment

• Ah, I see. So you need to open those cages in the kennel to obtain some item, or for some puzzle? That would make sense. I was taking a good look at those screenshots to make sure that the unopened cages matched the opened cages in size, and it certainly seems that way, especially if you measure the wall above the cages and beneath the ceiling (approximately 4 bricks separate them; I just realized this sounded pretty confusing - I hope it's making sense).

Here's the catalog list:

Famitsu Issues #403, #411, #413, Review Special & Special Edition #422
                Hyper Playstation Re-Mix Vol. 2 & 4
                The Playsation Vol. 35, 38 & 39

There's a few more uncatalogued scans that we have little information of. I can organize and send them to you, if you're missing them.
                Last edited by Kegluneq; 10-09-2012, 08:36 PM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• we don't know if the room was different in their build, or if the editor would show it looking so slick. Judging from the DXP heat signature picture on the REM board thread, its Pretty legit. Even if they modified it or just textured it, it looks amazing, and maybe some sticks need to be removed from some butts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                    The problem with the Typewriter it's only because it have less buttons? No because just look at this:

How many buttons it have?
                    It seems to me like you didn't even bother looking past the first folder Beta 2/Trial Edition.

Name:	typewriter.png
Views:	1
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	401746

And if you're disputing that the keys are blurred or uncountable in the leaked set, you can still distinguish that they have less keys than on the model that's been reused throughout all the PS1 Bio games.

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                    Just some curiosities;

-The original is so blurry, it's hard to decipher what the background is actually supposed to represent. Tiles? Brick? Their interpretation is interesting. Cement panels with screws attaching them to the walls? I am not convinced that's what the original is supposed to represent, but it's pretty close!

-How do we know that's what was originally behind the stairs? Are they guessing or do they access to information we do not? I always imaged it would be just a blank wall, or the single screen we have encompassed that entire area (and the player could not move beyond the bottom left.

-There is some sort of architectural element in the original above the light (the dark band that seems to go horizontally across the room) that is missing from their render).
                    I think the wall texture is supposed to be the same one used in the power room, maybe a slightly different version of it:
                    Spoiler:

Even with all the pixelation in the bioflames pic, you can sort of tell that the walls are supposed to stained and grimy-looking. As for the validity of the layout, Curator never did confirm or deny whether this build had any maps or not, so there's always the possibility that they're on the build. I'm not sure about the "dark band", but I think it's supposed to be the bottom part of a big slab of concrete barrier for the first floor landing. Even in the bioflames pic you can tell that the railing for the stairs is made out of concrete, and it's probably the same for all the other floors the stairwell connects to.
                    Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-09-2012, 10:48 PM.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• I'm not sure about the "dark band", but I think it's supposed to be the bottom part of a big slab of concrete barrier for the first floor landing
                      That would make the most sense.

This just gets more curious. That means there are additional screens, probably for the first floor landing leading down the stairs, and probably another landing behind the B1 stairs leading to B2. Unless the area between the B1 and B2 stairs are blocked off. Can't wait for a proper release.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                        That would make the most sense.

This just gets more curious. That means there are additional screens, probably for the first floor landing leading down the stairs, and probably another landing behind the B1 stairs leading to B2. Unless the area between the B1 and B2 stairs are blocked off. Can't wait for a proper release.
                        You and me both brother. Im gonna name my firstborn child after this team.

Comment

• Hell, I'd be satisfied if they just released the full set of background images! I'd even be satisfied if they released all the maps!

Comment

• I just found this randomly on the internet. Anyone seen this before on bioflames or anywhere else? Looks legit to me. It struck me because I've NEVER seen any footage of elza in that lab tank room...

Nevermind...must be RE2 modded. Elza's face is wayyy too detailed
                            Last edited by Darkness; 10-10-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• That's defiantly RE2. Think there was a video ages ago, custom BG.
                              Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• It's a mod. Elza doesn't have sideburns.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                                Even though you cannot see all six cells/cages at once, that doesn't mean that they are not there. Take another look:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]7247[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7248[/ATTACH]

In the first angle, you can see the middle and rear cells. In the second angle, you can see the middle and front cells (nearest to the corner of the L-corridor).
                                If Leon were to take even a single step backwards, you would see Elza's view. Likewise, if Elza were to take a few steps towards the camera, you would see Leon's view. Am I 100% sure? No, but I think I have a fairly good reason to believe that there are six cells. If someone can explain to me why there can only be four cells, I would be happy to hear.

Those two images are of the same corridor. In the first image, the cages are not rendered, and in the second one they are. It seems like an odd discrepancy (it certainly is), but the variables amount to the camera angle and main character in question.
                                I think the problem is that we're assuming there's only a single part of the hallway with cells. If anything there are at least two: one part with the cell bars/gate part pre-rendered (the second shot), and another one with the cell interiors modeled in and is supposed to have 3d cell doors/bars. It doesn't make sense why they would be pre-rendered in Leon's scenario, while 3d in Elza's, if they're supposed to be from the exact same row of cells. If they didn't intend for Leon to have the gate crashing mutts in his scenario, then the cells in his pic should be the same as in Elza's, no 3d gates yet, but also with no dogs inside.

And here's one other thing:

Name:	bh2_kennel_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	401749

You can see that the overhead fluorescent bars in the left pic is directly above the middle two cells, maybe even leaning towards the back two. But in the right pic, it has clearly moved forward a bit, and is now positioned between the middle and front two cells. While it's possible that there are two overhead lights above the same row of cells, it wouldn't make sense since they'd be placed right next to each other. You can see in the right pic what appears to be another set of light bars being blocked by Leon's arm, and quite contrary to having two overhead lights spaced right next to each other, it's quite some distance away like how the lights are in pretty much every other room.

This just gets more curious. That means there are additional screens, probably for the first floor landing leading down the stairs, and probably another landing behind the B1 stairs leading to B2.
                                That seems to be the case. Assuming the stairwell cuts through all the floors of the RPD, they could reuse the same model and just change the camera angles and some of the details around (floor signage, windows for the upper levels, lighting, things littered around, etc). I guess it's one of the areas that they can complete pretty easily? :p
                                Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-10-2012, 01:53 AM.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X