Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, if it does you know what's going to happen.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• I don't feel like reading 20 odd pages of drama, can someone post a summary of it please?
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Dude came, posted some "new" leaks about project, dude got insults because BZork supposedly told him to shut up, dude got pissed at his attitude, dude got even more insults from people who don't want to see the project ruined due to idiot spreading unwanted information, dude goes around posting random pictures, dude still got insults and requests to shup up, dude is still there bragging.

Comment

• As I understood, even if team didn't like it, it was OK between them, but we had to pester him more, so, we threw more fuel to the fire.

And I wanted to ask, are you, Gemini, the one from the team translating Echo Night 2? It's just I've seen you much around forums (like Q-gears forum).

Comment

• this is epic thread, and more epic thread is in assemblergames forum.
            ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• in another point of view, saying the truth or a lier, this dude clearly doesnt have limits. he can do all kind of crazy things, like posting private prints; we cant face those guys face to face, because the situation becomes only worse, longer and outta control. somehow, "challenge" him directly is a mistake, ignore him may be the best. but it was not what happened. but this kind of problem is expectable, because we are all in absolute darkness. thats why humans must be driven on rules and objectives.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishboil View Post
                And I wanted to ask, are you, Gemini, the one from the team translating Echo Night 2? It's just I've seen you much around forums (like Q-gears forum).
                Yup, I'm a regular in most forum boards where hacking is involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                  If it isn't ok just ask, you don't need to get so pissed off... that's why I asked for mod permission. I didn't wait for their approval, but if it isn't ok I'll remove them.
                  What you're basically saying is that you need to be moderated by an admin to realize that posting private discussions in public is pathetic and immature. What's the next step, sending them to the new york times?

You do realize that Bzork is reading our discussions? Do you at least slightly realize how retarded and insulting it is towards him? Because of people like you, if I was him I'd just give up on the idea of working my ass off for such a reward. That kind of attitude and behavior are childish and pathetic, and if things get screwed up as usual, it will be well deserved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    Yup, I'm a regular in most forum boards where hacking is involved.
                    do you know a lot about hacking ? if so I wanted to ask you how would this team even know where to start hacking this game it must be very time consuming. Have any other people in the gaming community hacked other games on this scale ?

Comment

• Usually you wouldn't need to hack a game at this scale, but sometimes you're forced to because the game was programmed in such a weird manner you can't really do otherwise. One example I can think of right now is Star Ocean: Blue Sphere for the Gameboy /Color. In order to hack the game's dialog I had to decode all the event commands so that I could access to message strings and other parameters responsible for setting the text environment. When I reached that point I could have added stuff and make the game into my own Blue Sphere, since all the event code had been disassembled and could be recompiled in a matter of a click, but it was not really needed as the hacking in my case was only aimed at translating the game, not altering it to be more complete. So in other words, something similar has been done already, but given how we're talking about a prototype here, the aim of the project is pretty much a lot more extended, yet not magic enough to be impossible.
                      Last edited by Gemini; 11-03-2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                        Usually you wouldn't need to hack a game at this scale, but sometimes you're forced to because the game was programmed in such a weird manner you can't really do otherwise. One example I can think of right now is Star Ocean: Blue Sphere for the Gameboy /Color. In order to hack the game's dialog I had to decode all the event commands so that I could access to message strings and other parameters responsible for setting the text environment. When I reached that point I could have added stuff and make the game into my own Blue Sphere, since all the event code had been disassembled and could be recompiled in a matter of a click, but it was not really needed as the hacking in my case was only aimed at translating the game, not altering it to be more complete. So in other words, something similar has been done already, but given how we're talking about a prototype here, the aim of the project is pretty much a lot more extended, yet not magic enough to be impossible.
                        Ah ok cool thanks for that I find people who can hack and change games amazing , I could never do anything like that lol

after all this new 1.5 info and video thats come out it occurred to me , why has knowone ever tried to hack the ps1 version of re2 and make it more like 1.5 but the modders tend to stick to the pc version of re2 to mod , is that because it's more easy to hack the pc version ?

Comment

• pic is totally on topic
                          And its common knowledge PC games are modding favored
                          Last edited by Darkness; 11-03-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• All I will say is, and it's been mentioned and discussed, yes Gman has the right to say whatever he wants. He can express himself in anyway he wants. That's the freedom of speech. And I respect that. However, that doesn't mean that we should respect someone if what they are saying casts them in a dubious light. In this case, if what he is saying is true, he leaked sensitive information when he was asked not to. So while he had the right to say, if he chose, it was still a dick move. Unfortunately, people are making it an argument of their own arbitrary law, ie: "you had no right to say that! BAN BAN BAN!". In reality, it doesn't deserve a ban, but the smartest move here would have been to just shun/ignore him. Unfortunately, again, people just got too riled up, and unnecessary things were said. We should have just left well enough alone.

With regards to "the team", I mentioned this before, but they seem stable and mature enough to handle and understand that such a shit storm was inevitable. For those who think that this impedes this release on any level, you need to give them more credit. Curator was a child and somewhat psychotic. "The team" has shown to be the opposite. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they anticipated something like this happening, and hopefully it isn't affecting the project in any way. At least, if I were in that position, that would be my thoughts on it. It's obviously a labor of love, so they're more than likely doing this project just as much for their own benefit as the community's.

Slightly OT: Thank you Gemini (and cohorts) for bringing Innocent Sin to the English speaking masses. Big Persona 2 fan here. It was nice to get the first half of that saga.
                            Last edited by doriantoki; 11-03-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                              That's the freedom of speech.
                              Freedom of speech? Forums are private, there are rules here, same as when you work for a company. And thanks to these rules, if you wanna act like a dickhead, you get a ban. The attitude this guy has is the most worst thing that could happen on a beta/collector related forum where confidence and discretion are both very important.

He's acting like a jackass leaking things without a team's permission, and he then proceed to leak private discussions that could jeopardize everything. He's just being an immature fuckbag and a ban would be well deserved. That's my opinion. And people were silly enough to push him to react even more agressively, and that was stupid as well. I understand both sides, but they all are to blame in this mess. People just need to calm down and grow the **** up.

Comment

• I really regret that I never visited Curator's own forum (anyone has screens of it to show?).

I know that he asked for a free PSP, and picture of a girl that resembles Elza (I wonder for what reason he would use that picture hehe). Would be cool to read all those posts, and I tried to read them using wayback machine. What was the link to that forum? Playstationmuseum.proboards.com? Sure he didn't deserve death threats, but we didn't deserve his overtly open eccentricity.
                                Last edited by fishboil; 11-03-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X