Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    Dude, for Christ's sake, the dog's shadow is as oval as a freaking egg.
    Hahahah!!!! LMAO! epic. EPIC! made my day. thank you! THANK YOU MISTER! lol

.... sig changed...

EDIT: lol, mom asked am I overworked? LOL. can't stop laughing. saw eggs in kitchen... haha
    Last edited by Marvin; 12-07-2012, 11:51 AM.
    ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• while leons is not. dog shadows are different even in retail.
      While Elza's is, and so it is in other screenshots. The primitives used for drawing the shadows and the blood pools can stretch. Honestly, you look like you're mirror climbing or something, especially now that you mentioned the port to RE2, which is honestly the dumbest thing a person would ever do. Porting 1.5 or even any other game in the series to RE2 would make no sense.
      Last edited by Gemini; 12-07-2012, 11:56 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
        while leons is not. dog shadows are different even in retail.
        I think at this point we can say that the majority of this 1.5 release will be just a mod. There is enough evidence that shows a lot of RE2 retail features and just the look and feel of being a true 1.5 build... I'm not trying to jump on the bandwagon of disproving a true 1.5 beta release, but there is alot more "modding" than actual 1.5 features seen in that trailer. All in all, it is all well done and I look forward to it
        Tired of Stupid... sigpic

Comment

• inflames screenshots maybe, where everything is warped. in antiscam it is a circle, in all other 1.5 footage it is a circle, in the teaser it is oval.

you said yourself the shadow image never changed, so it must be how the game handles it. what else is there? and that was wild speculation, hence the "i don't know, i'm lost" i don't really believe that, but the shadows are different. and so is the blood.
          Last edited by J0shuaKane; 12-07-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• RE1 and RE2 handle the shadows with pretty much exactly the same code, no more no less. The only real difference is how the uv map is applied to the polygon, but that's just a numeric index specifying the VRAM page to use, so it doesn't affect the shape in any way. Then you also got to account for perspective and camera angles, which again can make the shape making more or less clear (the PlayStation GPU ain't the most precise thing ever, especially about its broken z-buffer). Even Markgrass mentioned how the engines seem to be all extremely similar, suggesting 1.5 doesn't introduce such a change. You're really seeing things or something.

Comment

inflames screenshots maybe, where everything is warped. in antiscam it is a circle, in all other 1.5 footage it is a circle, in the teaser it is oval.

you said yourself the shadow image never changed, so it must be how the game handles it. what else is there? and that was wild speculation, hence the "i don't know, i'm lost" i don't really believe that, but the shadows are different. and so is the blood.

You are very confuse. The "oval" it's in the Curator stretched video.

And why you came to the conclusion that they are porting the game to RE2 engine?

Comment

inflames screenshots maybe, where everything is warped. in antiscam it is a circle, in all other 1.5 footage it is a circle, in the teaser it is oval.

It seems like a very good mod but as you stated, the blood and shadows seem very much like Retail RE2. Also the fat zombie falling to the ground doesn't seem to be 1.5 ish. Seems very much like retail RE2 as well. Character's run animations are also very much like RE2 retail. If this trailer is based off the 40% build somehow... I don't see much evidence of it using all the features... I see the backgrounds, an item screen and some other small things, but that is all basic modding we've seen before. The part that gets me thinking is the gorilla enemies. So maybe this is all just a port to the retail RE2 version.

Comment

RE1 and RE2 handle the shadows with pretty much exactly the same code, no more no less. The only real difference is how the uv map is applied to the polygon, but that's just a numeric index specifying the VRAM page to use, so it doesn't affect the shape in any way. Then you also got to account for perspective and camera angles, which again can make the shape making more or less clear (the PlayStation GPU ain't the most precise thing ever, especially about its broken z-buffer). Even Markgrass mentioned how the engines seem to be all extremely similar, suggesting 1.5 doesn't introduce such a change. You're really seeing things or something.
                  What's your explanation for the way the fat zombie's animation for going down ? Seems very RE2 final to me. 1.5 had a more RE1 animation to me, didn't it ?

Comment

• Dude, it doesn't look like the retail, not even one bit. Replay your RE1 and RE2, you need it.

Comment

Dude, it doesn't look like the retail, not even one bit. Replay your RE1 and RE2, you need it.
                      Im comparing t to the 1.5 videos there are of zombies going down, and it is not the same.....

Comment

• It's really the same. And make up your mind: is it identical to the retail ones or different from the 1.5 footages? You sound a little bit confused.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 12-07-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• "which again can make the shape making more or less clear"

show me a screenshot from retail where someone has a circle shadow? i had to pay very close attention to them putting kids in the game, they never change shape. ever.

and the shadows would warp when they rotate if they were being stretched from perspective.

edit:maybe they just decided to change whatever it is you are talking about to make it more like retail, which they may have done to the blood as well. but at that point, they may as well have ported it over.

i dont like to think of the team as ruining the game, but censoring the blood...unforgivable.
                          Last edited by J0shuaKane; 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

It's really the same. And make up your mind: is it identical to the retail ones or different from the 1.5 footages? You sound a little bit confused.
                            I said it was different from the 1.5 footage... And it looked more like retail RE2.

Comment

It's really the same. And make up your mind: is it identical to the retail ones or different from the 1.5 footages? You sound a little bit confused.
                              Maybe more footage is needed to be shown to make any valid arguments. Hopefully next teaser/trailer will show more of the combat, because as it is now, there is only assumptions to be made about it all...

Comment

"which again can make the shape making more or less clear"

show me a screenshot from retail where someone has a circle shadow? i had to pay very close attention to them putting kids in the game, they never change shape. ever.

and the shadows would warp when they rotate if they were being stretched from perspective.

edit:maybe they just decided to change whatever it is you are talking about to make it more like retail, which they may have done to the blood as well. but at that point, they may as well have ported it over.

i dont like to think of the team as ruining the game, but censoring the blood...unforgivable.

Shadows are very much both circular and oval in retail RE2. I think it's just based on animations (running, etc.) and camera angles...

13:30's show pretty obvious circular shadows present
                                Last edited by Original Sin; 12-07-2012, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X