Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been watching footage of the final re2, inflames clips and this "team" build, and I have to say the shadows act exactly the same, they can morph and change shape depending on the animation frame in all versions, including "authentic 1.5 only has round shadows" That's not true. I've seen zombies with round and oval shadows, same with the player.

If I were you guys I wouldn't dive into it too much. It's the same.

EDIT: I have no authority around here but way to go on the triple post.
    Last edited by EvilMarshy; 12-07-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Original Sin View Post
      I said it was different from the 1.5 footage... And it looked more like retail RE2.
      I'm totally with you, they ripped the animations from Resident Evil 2, here's the proof:

The last known trailer to come out before capcom decided to redo the whole game as the resident evil 2 we know today.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMarshy View Post
        I've been watching footage of the final re2, inflames clips and this "team" build, and I have to say the shadows act exactly the same, they can morph and change shape depending on the animation frame in all versions, including "authentic 1.5 only has round shadows" That's not true. I've seen zombies with round and oval shadows, same with the player.

If I were you guys I wouldn't dive into it too much. It's the same.

EDIT: I have no authority around here but way to go on the triple post.
        Apologize for triple post... Forums aren't my thing at all, but being a long time RE fan, I had to join in on the discussions here.
        Tired of Stupid... sigpic

Comment

• I think you guys are going super crazy too far into it. The animations look fine to me. and the shadows are fine too.
          Last edited by Darkness; 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
            show me a screenshot from retail where someone has a circle shadow?

Looks pretty circular, yes? Even if it's just a prospective trick, but hey, it's 1.5 circular that counts!

i dont like to think of the team as ruining the game, but censoring the blood...unforgivable.
            Considering how the blood doesn't seem to be changed at all, especially in the scene with Elza slicing a zombie, I think you're starting to overthink here too.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Looks to be random. Here the blood spray is normal.

Comment

• gemini, you and i both know the difference between something looking like a circle and being a circle...

someone else pointed out the blood, and it is alot less than previously shown from 1.5. but i cant say for certain about that, i haven't spent hours staring at 1.5 blood sprays XP

Comment

• In fact what I posted looks exactly like the circular shape in the 1.5 screenshots above this message, even if it's coming from the retail. You wanted somebody with a circular shadow and I gave you that, only to demonstrate it's perfectly doable and the engine was always able to do that, since 1995. You aren't going really anywhere claiming 1.5 had all-exclusive circular shapes for shadows because there are a ton screenshots where it's definitively working like in the retail.
                  Last edited by Gemini; 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

gemini, you and i both know the difference between something looking like a circle and being a circle...

someone else pointed out the blood, and it is alot less than previously shown from 1.5. but i cant say for certain about that, i haven't spent hours staring at 1.5 blood sprays XP
                    The first set of pictures came from a RE2 PC mod, what's the point of show them?

Comment

• they didn't mod the shadow. and i'm not talking about perspective, it doesn't change shape. its your eyes playing tricks on you, you have to see it spin and pay attention to the curvature. no single picture will give a clear view and it has nothing to do with the game engine. moving the camera does not mean it changes shape. actually, watching things frame by frame, the 1.5 shadow is very, very slightly ovular, even in the last example. but not nearly as much as retail.
                      Last edited by J0shuaKane; 12-07-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• You're wrong about the camera not altering the shape at all, given how it uses a different FOV compared to most games (60° in RE, 45° in many other productions). And the shape is, once and for all, VARIABLE. It's not oval or circular, slightly one or the other: it stretches, extends, and reduces depending on a ton parameters the game can chew on.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 12-07-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• This debate is incredibly interesting. I think it deserves another 10 pages : D

Comment

i think you forgot inflames pics are off a traditional warped screen TV. nothing is presented correctly.
                            To which specific Inflames images are you referring? I haven't seen any posted in this "shadow" conversation.

---

Even if they are borrowing RE2 retail assets, is that not desirable? There's obviously a reason that some very minute and distinct mechanics were changed, and it most likely wasn't to diminish quality, but quite the opposite. The team owns the original disc, so it's not like they're importing shadows because they didn't have the "authentic" ones on hand...

However, like Gemini, I am skeptical that they changed the shadows. Would it be worth the hassle?

Comment

• I'm extremely skeptical about that for two reasons:
                              1) more work than it's worth (if it's worth a penny), you'd have to change a ton of those shadow parameters;
                              2) there would be no point in changing it. I mean, how would that even help making their build more complete?
                              Last edited by Gemini; 12-07-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Don't think they were changed, Just some emulation or inconsistencies.

Comment

Working...
                                X