Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
    That second one, that's from Leon running from the ape? I thought it had been established that that background was a fake???
    Can you repost it here so I know which one you're talking about? Just to be clear, the room itself exists as an untextured background file on the BH2 Trial disc. We know what the doors look like too, because we know which rooms this hall connects to (A-2 Quarters, Cargo, Elevator, and Central Hub). As for the floor and wall skins, they are likely the same as those of the B1 Elevator hall directly above it, as the two halls are analogous rooms.

Compare these for example, both legitimate images (left: B1 Elevator; right: A-2 Elevator).

Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM4XX002.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	402047Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM5XX004.jpeg
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	402048

A more intimate view of the A-2 Elevator:

Name:	ROOM5XX005.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	402049

Also, don't mind the door shape, it was only a placeholder for the wider elevator doors at the time.
    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 12-09-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
      That second one, that's from Leon running from the ape? I thought it had been established that that background was a fake???
      The background is real, just the texturing and implementation of the models was faked.

Comment

• Those renders by DXP look pretty good.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I'd love to give it a go but I'm intimidated by the levels of detail required in both the modelling and texturing. I don't know if I have the artistic talent to do something like that in great detail.

Comment

• If you put time aside and dedicate yourself, you can do it. I've done modeling in Maya before and it may be time consuming, but if you take your time and concentrate, it will look great.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Here's a crappy shoop of what the B1 hallway would've probably looked like with the power on. Don't mind the inconsistent shadowing.

Name:	vlcsnap-34828.png
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	402052

Yep, it's basically the untextured A-2 hall with textures from the Level 1 hall and some other lab rooms pasted on it. The room itself has the same layout as the Level 1 hall, just with maybe some slightly different dimensions, so I imagine that is what it would have looked like had it been completed. Here, have some crisp non-blurry fake betaaaaz:

Name:	booyah.png
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	402053Click image for larger version

Name:	fakebetazzz.png
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	402054
              Last edited by biohazard_star; 12-09-2012, 10:38 PM.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• Enig asked zork on youtube why the control panel is different from the final era.
                His reply: its a mystery to be solved. wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                  The room itself has the same layout as the Level 1 hall, just with maybe some slightly different dimensions, so I imagine that is what it would have looked like had it been completed. Here, have some crisp non-blurry fake betaaaaz:
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]7649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7650[/ATTACH]
                  I hope that The Team takes a good look at these. Like you, I believe that the final version would have looked nearly identical (except with textured cargo crates added, of course).

---

@Darkness

Hopefully he was serious about the "solve" part...

Comment

• I think there is another reason behind the power room redesign, a reason that can't be disclosed until wither a new trailer pops up or the game is released. Judging by MrBZork's comments, it's something he wants to keep quite for now.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                      Enig asked zork on youtube why the control panel is different from the final era.
                      Nice! The more time goes on the less I mind these changes, 1.5 was still an unfinished game, I feel they've got enough information to get a good idea on the direction the game was going, to do things your own way here and there is pretty minor.

Comment

• It's obvious they know what they are doing, and are making a professional product. Body armor confirms this. If they were able to implement it the sky might be the limit. We are going to be playing something purely amazing.

Comment

Enig asked zork on youtube why the control panel is different from the final era.
                          My personal guess on this would require at least three theories:
                          1) reference material wasn't clear enough to derive an accurate reproduction of the panel
                          2) the trial reference wasn't that much different from the retail panel in the end, meaning it would have been a boring and not-so-new design
                          3) they wanted to have a new and entirely custom take on the panel minigame
                          All these options include the fact that the panel minigame was never implemented in the 40% build (note: it's more or less confirmed by the initially bare bone renders showing up in advent #2), which will require the team to program one for the occasion.
                          Last edited by Gemini; 12-10-2012, 12:27 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• I take it with the translation, it sound like a door locked on one side, or a machine IDK.

But yeah .. the "No..." Part is obviously Elza thinking to herself "Damn it" basically. As you would do in real life of course.
                            Aya Brea's monologues from Parasite Eve 2 spring to mind. I liked it that way though .. felt more believable and drew you into the character more.

Love the new Advent Vid but struggled finding the new stuff.. could someone update the first post with new stuff as it becomes available? It took me a while to find them lol
                            As for what Elza is doing, looks like the final frame of a knife swing to me? Like in all the other RE's.
                            She's arching forwards swinging her knife? Although there is no knife in the picture so IDK WTH it is hehe
                            Maybe an animation for pushing a zombie off her back?
                            Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 12-10-2012, 04:46 AM.
                            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

It's obvious they know what they are doing, and are making a professional product. Body armor confirms this. If they were able to implement it the sky might be the limit. We are going to be playing something purely amazing.
                              Amen to that, brother.

Comment

• Does anyone have a link to the 1.5 Complete Soundtrack. I noticed there were a few updates a while back but I can't find the link..
                                Still have Red Lab stuck in my head hehe
                                Cheers guys! ^^)
                                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Working...
                                X