Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's a good engine... nice work! I also like the page indicator. I know it's a minor thing, but I like little details like that. Also, another quick question: I remember in one of B. Zork's videos he said the file menu initially didn't work at all. Despite that, were there any files in the game at all (You know, in the game data but inaccessible except for hacking), or are you guys going to be writing all the files? I don't mind either way, just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronin_akikage View Post
      I would rather like to see DASH developed. Its merely changing the backgrounds into a more ruined state, and adding a few new areas. While there isn't much information available on it, the concept of returning to the mansion in an alternate universe where it was completely destroyed is intriguing. To discover new areas within the mansions grounds, or encounter few monsters that have emerged, with the gameplay and feeling of the original game seems like a dream come true.
      I agree I'd most wanna see REDash or Caliban Cove I mean it sounds like they have the resources to make an RE game from scratch. REDash is interesting because I think it takes place in the bad+ ending where Chris and Jill escape the mansion but it doesn't explode. REDash has the characters coming back to the mansion possibly years later and discovering many new secrets behind the mansion plus we'd get to see a much more decayed version of the grounds. Apprantly Ticks were meant to be the replacements for hunters but when Dash got canceled they put them into the saturn version of 1

Comment

• D. Birkin,

When zombie's die, they leave a pool of blood under their downed bodies like any other original Resident Evil games. But in a vanilla build or Magic Zombie Door version of RE 1.5, when you kill a zombie their bodies hit the ground, but they disappear faster, you didn't see the pool of blood along with downed zombie. In 80% build of RE 1.5, the pool of blood from zombies' downed bodies look extremely realistic and very red. Do you guys know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Joseph

Comment

• Would be nice if people wouldn't re-ask the same questions over and over that were already answered by D.Birkin or MrBZork pages ago.

Comment

• the SPAS-12 icon is the same one from resident evil survivor.

Funny, looking in the files of the PC version, there was a graphic icon for a machine gun magazine and there is a icon for a magnum with a larger barrel.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post

This is good to engine for improving?

The earlier the better. Christmas is too later.

Thanks but I.G.A.S. has a beta testing team ready at my signal.

Model and animations are only there to fill holes. They do not matter.
              Wow a whole beta testing team? I am very envious of them hah. I can't wait to dig into those files. Are they direct source materials or home made? Also will they be easy to muss like in retail or more noticeable?

Comment

• Originally posted by skyrunner14 View Post
                I think it's a good engine... nice work! I also like the page indicator. I know it's a minor thing, but I like little details like that.
                I was inspired by BIO Deadly Silence's interface. It has page counter and color changing arrows. Engine is good but sometimes needs extra code to work in all places the same. I fixed frame rate in FILE viewer. Stage code forces it to go in 30 fps but I changed it to 60 fps like when accessing it through menu.

Also, another quick question: I remember in one of B. Zork's videos he said the file menu initially didn't work at all. Despite that, were there any files in the game at all (You know, in the game data but inaccessible except for hacking), or are you guys going to be writing all the files? I don't mind either way, just curious.
                FILE menu and data are all custom implementation. The game did not have anything about FILES.

Originally posted by ParasiteAdam View Post
                Also will they be easy to muss like in retail or more noticeable?
                Both. Some hidden and some easy to spot.
                Last edited by D.Birkin; 03-30-2013, 11:13 AM.
                “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                  DBirkin:there will be extras at the end of resident evil 1.5 i.e. appearances with some most famous characters (Jill,Chris and Wesker)?
                  Please stop...
                  By the way, let wesker where he belongs -> dead in tyrant room.

Anyway, i just wanted to say thanks for all the infos you're sharing D.Birkin, awesome work so far, bless your team.

Comment

• D.Birkin, how easy is it for you to implement custom cutscenes? Is rigging the models difficult?
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                      D.Birkin, how easy is it for you to implement custom cutscenes?
                      It is just a set of commands. They are not harder to do than adding missing features.

Is rigging the models difficult?
                      1.5 has no rigged models until I implement skeletal animations.
                      “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• That's what I meant. Are the animations complex or rather easy to do?
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Skeletal animations are the same as other animations. The difference is in vertex translation but that is done independently.

Comment

• D.Birkin, i know it is a big effort to answer all our questions but, what are u planning about OST, missing tunes and all that?

Comment

• Yeah that's one I'd like to know. I honestly don't want any of the missing tracks to be pulled from retail, unless they were meant for 1.5.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                                Yeah that's one I'd like to know. I honestly don't want any of the missing tracks to be pulled from retail, unless they were meant for 1.5.
                                Then 1.5 would have 10 tracks. Balance is precious.
                                Last edited by D.Birkin; 03-30-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X