Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well in 1.5 Birkin is very similar to these guys, so it's not a big loss.

Comment

• Thanks for putting up a list Enigmatism But hey, wasn't it decided that, despite the slightly different window size on the door, that this was the Medical Room:

Click image for larger version

Name:	med.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	402943Click image for larger version

Name:	med2.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	402944Click image for larger version

Name:	med3.jpg
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	402945

If this isn't the Medical Room, please tell me which one it is. And Graco, I know they have used suggestions for rooms before, I'm suggesting an actual thread contest. Y'know, where the choices and how many people chose them are shown as "meters" at the top of the thread. So the question is, if there was just one room you would like to weigh-in on, which one would it be? Personally, I would like it to be either the Radio/Media room. The labs and drains have considerable source material i.e. other parts of the same area to model against, plus pipes and walls wouldn't be too hard/interesting. But the Radio/Media rooms would have a lot of miscellaneous/incidental stuff to put in, which makes them considerably more interesting.
      It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

• @towerofpowerx

Those backgrounds are from a retail-era proof-of-concept room; it was never playable in-game, or meant to be for that matter. However, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that some of the furnishings and decor were salvaged from the original Medical Room.

I should have mentioned that these are the rooms of which we have absolutely no authentic images (hopefully IGAS does):

West Stairwell (fairly straightforward anyway), Radio Room, Medical Room, Media Room, Drains Central Pool, Factory Office B

However, we do know the sizes, shapes, and door placements for each of these rooms, which is a good start.
        Last edited by Enigmatism415; 05-07-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Axz View Post
          When you say they wheren't USED for the game do you mean they planned to put them in but the game got cancelled before they got a chance, or that they had decided not to put them in at all and use a different final bosses insted?

Sorry if these are noob questions to be honest I only found out about RE 1.5 about 6 months ago (as my join date shows). I suppose I was lucky to not know about it untill now, the wait between MrBZorks videos are killing me, I can't imagine knowing about it since it was cancelled and having to wait all this time for it to come to light, they really have my sympathy.

I love the old REs and RE2 was by far my favorite aswell as one of my favorite games ever, so naturaly when I found out about 1.5 and what could have been I shat a brick haha.
          Both bosses were just concept art, they were never put into the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
            the feel of documentary coming soon
            Spoiler:
            Thank you!
            "Project Night" (indie horror game) will be released on January 22, 2015
            http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...rking-Title%29

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
              the feel of documentary coming soon
              Spoiler:
              Nice, I can't wait.

Comment

• Hmm, I see your point Enigmatism. I think this was ripped from the RE2 Trial disk, and that wouldn't necessarily be from the same era, would it? But hey, it may not be from the same build, but it is still genuine 1.5 material. And if you've got nothing else to use, I say go with the confirmed material, rather than make up stuff you don't need to. Now that I think about it, there may a simple reason for the Medical Room not being in the ripped backrounds from the buggy beta. Since the retail-era Medical Room is obviously not on it, they will have to make it from scratch, and probably have not gotten around to it yet.

In fact, I've decided to just go ahead and ask: Hey D.Birkin! Will you be using backrounds from different eras to fill in for backrounds you do not possess i.e. the retail-era Medical Room in place of the nonexistent 40% build Medical Room?
                It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

• The medical room on the Trial Disk is just proof-of-concept. The file for it is dated April '97, already a few months after 1.5 got scrapped and when retail was already being developed.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• Not to mention that it's a lot smaller than RE15's Medical Room and has been flipped (the door is on the wrong side of the wall) with regards to RE15's RPD 2F map. It makes a nice placeholder for PMODs and videos (wink-wink), and gives us a taste of what might have been, but that's about it. Our friend bio (see above) has been working on a more accurate recreation that's the proper size. Here's a link to one of his images on the RE 1 2 3 Mods site:

He had to point these things out to me when I was doing my videos, so don't feel bad towerofpowerx.

These are the same reasons why some of us (including Team IGAS) are still using c2keo's conjectural Radio Room - even though all of us know it's the wrong size and dimensions for the room in question. They're the only backgrounds we've got until somebody (like Team IGAS, bio_star, or a half-a-dozen other fan graphic artists out there) cooks up some new ones. As Abraham Lincoln once said, "We must use the tools that we have."
                    Last edited by RMandel; 05-08-2013, 05:37 AM.
                    Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                    Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• New playable room???
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Barely looks like anything "new".

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• lulz

Comment

• Hey Birkin, any idea of the eta of the final build? IE. Fall/Winter 2013 Summer 2014 etc. I think it would take some attention off from the impatient crowd. The way I see it I waited years for 1.5, whats a few months to a year. An eta will act as a retail eta date.

Comment

• He's already said theres NO eta. Something like this isn't something you can slap a date on.

Comment

• I remember B.Zork mentioned that he was hopeful for a holiday season 2013 release.

Comment

Working...
                                X