Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
    If you turn the character to right or left when you equip the acid grenade launcher (without aim) you can see the fire and pump action animation of that shootgun. Either way, I take this screenshots:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8801[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8803[/ATTACH]

Looks like the same model with different texture. The different look of the pump action lever in 1.5 is just a clipping issue.

EDIT: A better comparison:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8804[/ATTACH]
    They look similar but the forearm looks slightly different to me, might just be me though.

Comment

• Yeah, now looking carefully seems like the forearm was redesigned. But the rest of the model look exactly the same. I am thinking about a thing Biohazard_star said "civilian Leon's shotgun animations". I see again the 1.5 trailer of September 96 with Leon civilian model. And that shotgun is there. My theory of an early placeholder of the shotgun is still posible. In 40% build, Capcom use the model for grenade launcher placeholder, and finally for some reason in the 80% trailer the early shotgun appears again.
      Last edited by The_Wes; 06-01-2013, 10:30 AM.
      Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Perhaps the gun works with Leon then and not Elza? Anyone gave it a try? Some weapons are character specific after all.

Edit: Alternatively, can you not do a simple model swap?
        Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• I recorded a video with Geluda's suggestion. With Leon don't work, same than Elza.

Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
            Looks like the same model with different texture. The different look of the pump action lever in 1.5 is just a clipping issue.
            That's barely a possibility. Weapon models are so lowpoly they can easily look alike even when the new one is made from scratch.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Lol moonwalk.

Do you think a model swap would work like Gemini? If you used the animations and collision data from the normal shotgun but replaced the model with the beta shotgun?
              Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                Lol moonwalk.

Do you think a model swap would work like Gemini? If you used the animations and hitboxes from the normal shotgun but replaced the model with the beta shotgun?
                That's what I was going to try once mortician finished his rebuild tool.

Comment

• If those models come from different development periods, I doubt they'd work by simply swapping the files. They'd need quite a few tweaks in order to be made into usable weapons. The crash factor has also to be taken into account, as the game doesn't seem to like most weapons but those the build came shipped with.
                  Last edited by Gemini; 06-01-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• How do I mess around with it? Do I need a cheat device and AR code?

Comment

• Either that or replace the associated LBA to fool the game into loading a different PLW. The worst that could happen is the game hanging / doing random things because data doesn't match with what's expected, which is what already happens when you load some weapons.
                      Last edited by Gemini; 06-01-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• seems like capcom couldn't decide which shotgun to use and kept bouncing back and forth during 1.5 development....I really like the animations seen in that late era vid with elza using the stocked one.
                        Last edited by Darkness; 06-01-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Maybe the Team could use the remington for Leon and this shotgun for Elza. More variety and all the people happy. Also as we never know what is suppose to be the final shotgun, there isn't any paradox.

Comment

• Maybe there's multiple shotguns, akin to the upgraded shotgun in retail.

Comment

• If they go that route, then perhaps the SPAS should be found in the labs. It would effectively replace the M870/590? I think placing it towards the end of the game would offer the player to use either the high capacity shotgun they already have, or use the lower capacity SPAS-12 (that is more powerful).
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Don't you think three shotguns in the same scenary is too much??? At least for me, yes. But who knows, maybe that's the correct way.

Comment

Working...
                                X