Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing the point? Because I'm confused as well.

Comment

• i not recall last i write this much. i need coffee!

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
      im confused, i was talking about the zombie models, were you referring to the engine? thats why i mentioned polys and normals, i was wondering what mattered as far as how many can fit into a room.
      the game engine on pc is very different from console. pc version support your system specs, 3d accellerator graphics card with dedicated ram included. even absolute minimum specs of pc version is many time superior to playstation specs. on playstation, game is optimized to take use of the limitation of 2 mb of system ram, 1 mb video ram and a cpu of 33 mhz. wasting polygons is not an option when ps1 cpu have to calculate both game behavior and many 3d tasks at the same time. is also not an option when system ram of 2 mb not have much space to store excessive data above everything else. birkin need to optimize what can be optimized in the game assets and engine clockwork to free up as many resources as possible.

even something as simple as routine that tell game insert new line when text has reached a specific width take up memory space and cycles on the cpu. keeping language data in memory take space from somewhere. we must get these from somewhere. fortunately, resident evil in general, and not just development stage, has lots of areas where thing could be optimized. one example of commonly freed up memory space is when you translate from japanese to a not asian language and replace a big font of maybe 256 character with a small font of only 64 character or less.

Originally posted by Treeman View Post
      I will play resident evil 1.5 once its released by IGAS and be happy to play it. However, intentionally not adding aspects of 1.5 that you are capable of adding just because you don't want it in there changes the project from a restoration to a hack (or fan mod whatever.) Just like replacing the icons with better ones, the old ones may be ugly but they are part of 1.5 and should really be in there if this project wants to stay a restoration and not becone something else. Even though it sounds like Im complaining, Im not but I dont want to have to wait until someone hacks the official release to make it more 1.5ish. Also, the extra zombie slots, instead of importing Bio3 zombies, why not make the zombies from the 1.5 videos, like the legless ones or the bone ones or more in that fashion (like a 1.5 zombie who has no arms,) instead of relying on flags to give us a one time special zombie.
      i will try to address some things. we have addressed these before, but can always need a new post in threads like this.

1. we are not avoiding addition of elements of 1.5. however, there is many big misinformation when it come to question of what is 1.5. some made very evident by reaction to some content people think we made only for this restoration. believing not always make true.
      2. menu icons in the vanilla build are placeholders. some just small doodles in ms paint. they have no place in game after reaching specific state of development. style between icons are different too. need a unified style. everything need to look like a proper game by the end. most items also did not have a big icon for when you pick them up or check them.
      3. we are aiming to finish a design direction that capcom did not finish. what is point of this project if we are only to leave everything alone?
      4. we have extra zombie slots for population. we will not implement zombie from other resident evil, birkin only show sample photos of functionality and a concept. he even say so many time too. development not linear. placeholders often used.
      5. we have zombies from the videos. not sure if you understood function of flags, going by comment. a flag is like a switch. if the flag is present, conditions can be met to accomplish something, or the flag could symbolize a condition being met. in practice, this mean we could alternate zombies in a place with a randomizer, we could make story event trigger spawning of specific type of zombie, or maybe, we could let combination of specific zombie and ammo result in replacement of limbs. i think subject of how we utilize zombie space and what event flags will exist in game be better left a secret.

Comment

• Well B.Zork, what you say about "implementation" for zombies is very difficult but possible? Well i think that opportunity of adding new zombies expands the variety of them like in BIO3 (RE3).

I have three questions for D.Birkin:
        1.-In the current build(VANILLA ONE) we have only saw 1 battle of birkin in the warehouse in the 80% and the Complete Disc Builds we can estimate about 4 or 5 battles... The Warehouse, In a room where Brikin jump and attack Leon (VIDEO OF THE COMPLETE DISC WITH A MISSING TRACK), the battle near the Train (SAME VIDEO OF THE COMPLETE DISC), The battle in the gasoline puzzle (80% BUILDS, only images) and the final in the train(80% Build, only images)... Those battles are going to be with their appropiate soundtrack?

2.-how the team is going to implement the other doors if the animation (WHEN PRESS SQUARE AND THE SCREEN SHOWS THE DOOR) of the doors weren´t present on the current build? Because there are Lab doors, giant doors, etc... with their appropiate sound...

3.-We have heard soundtracks released by fans, but tracks stracted for videos and the community knows about two that we want to heard: the warehouse battle shown in trailer videos:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWPQiD8Fhdo (JUMP AT 1:46) and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7EnvDhgOJ8, ignore the voices of sherry and elza... and these from the SPIDER TUNNEL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRo5_TJ7I_A... Are these tracks will avaible in the final release of the project?

Sorry for bad english.... And good luck with the project...
        Last edited by STARSRedfield; 06-01-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• When D.Birkin talks about changing the animations of the skeletal structure to improve performance and improve graphics, is he talking about the internal skeleton, or the actual mesh of the models them selves? How does simplifying a mesh become unseeable to the naked eye but at the same time make things look better? You might as well just use an entirely different engine, because we won't notice that the engine is different but we will notice that the engine runs better. That's not 1.5.

Comment

• i thought he was talking about maybe making the mesh joints look like retail, which i thought was a good idea because if they decided to try and salvage 1.5 instead of scrapping it they could have upgraded the character detail like in retail.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              When D.Birkin talks about changing the animations of the skeletal structure to improve performance and improve graphics, is he talking about the internal skeleton, or the actual mesh of the models them selves? How does simplifying a mesh become unseeable to the naked eye but at the same time make things look better? You might as well just use an entirely different engine, because we won't notice that the engine is different but we will notice that the engine runs better. That's not 1.5.

If they're doing what would have naturally occurred during development I don't see what the issue is. I would choose a game that runs more smoothly over one that doesn't. It shouldn't purposely run less efficient within the limitations they have.
              Last edited by Graco; 06-01-2013, 10:22 PM.
              sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                Was playin the MZD build earlier in sewers and got interested in the map (B2 I think it said - which contains the L corridor, spider corridor etc)
                There were some rooms included in the map that aren't in the MZD build..
                Also, after watching some youtube footage from the Complete Disc - the part with the 'generator' and Leon magnum shooting a spider.
                Also, the newer sewer section with wooden ''bridges'' across the water.
                Were these parts removed in later builds, added in later - or just not present in the MZD build? Hmmm...
                You're welcome to come on over to this thread if you want to help us learn about the Sewers.
                Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

When D.Birkin talks about changing the animations of the skeletal structure to improve performance and improve graphics, is he talking about the internal skeleton, or the actual mesh of the models them selves? How does simplifying a mesh become unseeable to the naked eye but at the same time make things look better? You might as well just use an entirely different engine, because we won't notice that the engine is different but we will notice that the engine runs better. That's not 1.5.
                  There is a saying "Don't fix what isn't broken". 1.5 is a hot mess, possibly also why it was scraped. The engine probably wasn't up to par with what they wanted. Think of it like this, you have a viper with a V-10 engine but isn't enough power and performance for your taste. You decide to install a V-12 to make up what you had in mind. Now here is the big question. Is a viper not a viper with a V-12 engine? Of course it is regardless of what engine it has. 1.5 is 1.5 even with an upgrade. That IS 1.5. Even if you take a classic and throw in a more modern engine in it, it will still be that car that it was but only better. Instead of dropping in value it raises instead. 1.5 is just becoming more valuable because it will be complete instead of a rust bucket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                    If they're doing what would have naturally occurred during development I don't see what the issue is. I would choose a game that runs more smoothly over one that doesn't. It shouldn't purposely run less efficient within the limitations they have.
                    What naturally occurred during development was they scrapped 50% of everything. It sounds like the more the team develop the game, the more they're running into issues the original devs ran into and the more they're making drastic changes to the engine, the types of changes that eventually lead to the likes of BIO2. At this point it's almost becoming obvious why 1.5 got scrapped in favour of its counterpart.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

What naturally occurred during development was they scrapped 50% of everything. It sounds like the more the team develop the game, the more they're running into issues the original devs ran into and the more they're making drastic changes to the engine, the types of changes that eventually lead to the likes of BIO2. At this point it's almost becoming obvious why 1.5 got scrapped in favour of its counterpart.
                      That's why I said "what would have". Not what did.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                        That's why I said "what would have". Not what did.
                        I imagine, in the late stages of development they weren't satisfied with the graphics and performance, but knew that in order to "improve" the graphics and increase performance they had to reduce the number of enemies on screen, something which drasticly changed the nature of the game. This is likely why D.Birkin is looking to BIO3 solutions, such as simplifying the meshes of models, in order to improve texture graphics, improve performance AND retain those gameplay elements that 1.5 is known for. Thinking on it like that it's understandable, not ideal but understandable. It is interesting though to see it heading in this direction, their work with this build seems to directly mirror that of the original devs and I guess they really do have to look for alternative solutions to fix the issues with the game without turning it into BIO2.
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• they didnt have to make the zombies look so shitty in the process, srsly, 1.5 zombies > 2 zombies

Comment

• But that was a result of engine limitations. They had to reduce the polygon count of enemies and player models in order to get more on screen. The BIO1 engine was a mess so this was probably due to it being messed up.

So perhaps IGAS can improve the engine and perhaps improve the polygon count of the models too?
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• much drama for something that I see says that vanilla was leaked build but I see no link desargar so I think it's a lie if I'm wrong give me the link or tell me where it is?

Comment

• The build has not been released yet. User ReonZCannada said he would release it tomorrow sometime. Whether or not this is true remains to be seen. We will see though..
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X