Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
    It's just the thought of changing the way models are structured sounds like it would change them aesthetically quite a bit, from the textures right down to the animations, and that's an of putting thought. Animations (and textures) are a very important part of the whole appeal of 1.5 and anything that could potentially alter those animations and make things look not as they're supposed to is something I would be concerned about. But if it has to be done for the benefit of the engine then I can support that, although ideally it's not the way I would have liked to see things done. It would be interesting to see a before and after shot to see exactly just how things could be improved.
    From what I could understand from D.Birkin's posts, he mentioned efficiency rather than pure aesthetics. Think of how many games improved performances simply by branching from Sony's format to their own custom-made specifications. For example, we could take the case of Sony's model format, TMD: while this format is suitable for drawing pretty much everything the machine is capable off, it suffers from the weight of redundant information and library code to manage all the internals. With a custom format you can obtain the same exact results with less code, faster execution, and a better control over the engine (the end user won't notice the difference, but the hardware definitively does). I created something like that myself for managing audio samples on the PlayStation back in the days when I developed RMS (Red Moon Soundfont) to replace VAB (Sony's sound container used in most PSX games). The result is something that sounds exactly like VAB, but wastes a bare minimum amount of memory and is extremely simple to use for game calls.
    Last edited by Gemini; 06-02-2013, 10:47 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
      Creating new models based on existing concept art would be one way of keeping things authentic, I suppose.
      This is the way. There are a lot of artworks never used, like the zombie with Leon's hair. This zombie and the one of the left of him are some examples.

Click image for larger version

Name:	index_04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	403023

More suggestions, this is another official artwork. Make a zombie with this special police outfit would be nice.

Name:	index_02.jpg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	403024

And make some zombie cops with Leon's outfit would be nice. I don't know why he is the only police officer with that uniform. This is really easy, just change the Leon's head for one from another zombie and put blood spot in the textures of the uniform.

With just this suggestions, we can have 4 "official" zombies more.

Finally, did you ever notice the manspiders of the final builds has a different colour than the ones in the build we have???

Name:	index_06.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	403025

This is an artwork, but in complete disc 4 you can see the manspider with this textures.
      Last edited by The_Wes; 06-02-2013, 01:10 PM.
      Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
        This is the way. There are a lot of artworks never used, like the zombie with Leon's hair. This zombie and the one of the left of him are some examples.

And make some zombie cops with Leon's outfit would be nice. I don't know why he is the only police officer with that uniform. This is really easy, just change the Leon's head for one from another zombie and put blood spot in the textures of the uniform.

Because he's part of a special team that was assembled to replace STARS after they were all fired. With the exception of Leon and Kevin Ryman, the entire team was killed in the intro to RE3.

Comment

• Wasn't Leon a rookie in retail..."Hey...you must be the new guy...Leon, I guess your party...has been canceled...ugghh"...besides it's pretty safe to assume that RE3 is not canon with RE1.5 so even if that were true it would have no bearing on 1.5

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
            Because he's part of a special team that was assembled to replace STARS after they were all fired. With the exception of Leon and Kevin Ryman, the entire team was killed in the intro to RE3.
            I think you are wrong, even when this could be real in RE3 and Outbreak.

Name:	Character_Roy.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	403027

The uniform of Roy, looks pretty similar to Leon. There isn't any reason to not put more zombies with that uniform.
            Last edited by The_Wes; 06-02-2013, 03:43 PM.
            Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Gemini: I think someone has used the book of the dead (the necronomicon) to revive the zombies all bones xd: Lol:
              It may be that the zombie with the bones of resident evil 1.5 is a clear homage to the film (return of the living dead)
              Spoiler:

It would be great to see an effect that while shoot a zombie, the zombie crawls towards you and watch his innards with his spine, would this effect tearing up an original effect for 1.5, what do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
                That's incorrect and I'd like to see what people base this assumption on. Leon and Kevin were regular police officers (Kevin also being a trainer like Marvin) who simply happen to be wearing an armored uniform that was issued in response to the rising "crime" (people eating other people alive) in Raccoon City.

There is no way a rookie cop would be thrown into SWAT of all things. At least Rebecca had an excuse in the nature of S.T.A.R.S.
                Last edited by News Bot; 06-02-2013, 03:55 PM.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Even if the assumptions of OfficerRedfield was canon in 1.5, when that special team dies, they turn into zombies. And those zombies can reach the RPD, Right???

At least for me is better see zombies with Leon's outfit than other completely invented.
                  Last edited by The_Wes; 06-02-2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Leon's and the RPD choice of outfits always puzzled me.
                    Kevin and Leon's outfits are pretty much the same.
                    At least in 1.5 the zombies had similar colour schemes to Leon's (except the lighter parts of his arms) in RE2 and Outbreak they're like Marvin's outfit instead.
                    If this is the case, the RPD had several types of uniform? Some zombies and Marvin are like RE2 Retail. Leon, Kevin and some 1.5 zombies are darker/more armoured.

Leon was a rookie in RE2, yet in 1.5 isn't he suppost to be part of the force already? Or is he still a rookie.. Hmmm
                    And no - they aren't related to the team from intro of RE3 - they appear to be an offshoot of RPD (Like STARS were) a replacement to STARS after RE1 events 3 months earlier
                    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• i often like to think about idea of where other people in resident evil lore would fit in during the raccoon city incindent in 1.5.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                        Gemini: I think someone has used the book of the dead (the necronomicon) to revive the zombies all bones xd: Lol:
                        It may be that the zombie with the bones of resident evil 1.5 is a clear homage to the film (return of the living dead)
                        Spoiler:

It would be great to see an effect that while shoot a zombie, the zombie crawls towards you and watch his innards with his spine, would this effect tearing up an original effect for 1.5, what do you think?
                        You are always the one with Ideas unfaithful to RE 1.5.
                        ----------
                        But anyway, I like the Idea of an alternate RE3 where the Police Station is the one from 1.5. The only areas which would need to be changed are the street in front of the Station and the Police Station itself.
                        Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                          i often like to think about idea of where other people in resident evil lore would fit in during the raccoon city incindent in 1.5.
                          Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                          But anyway, I like the Idea of an alternate RE3 where the Police Station is the one from 1.5. The only areas which would need to be changed are the street in front of the Station and the Police Station itself.
                          That sounds great to me!!! Another think I was thinking about, the zombis with Leon's outfit and with the special police outfit of the artworks could be more resistant because of his bullet proof jackets. What do you think about this???
                          Last edited by The_Wes; 06-02-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                            Leon's and the RPD choice of outfits always puzzled me.
                            Kevin and Leon's outfits are pretty much the same.
                            At least in 1.5 the zombies had similar colour schemes to Leon's (except the lighter parts of his arms) in RE2 and Outbreak they're like Marvin's outfit instead.
                            If this is the case, the RPD had several types of uniform? Some zombies and Marvin are like RE2 Retail. Leon, Kevin and some 1.5 zombies are darker/more armoured.

The short sleeved shirt-ish design Marvin and the zombies uses are probably common summer wear for various types of "forces" (often police officers and/or "office/desk" jobs in various parts of the military utilize these "lighter" clothing during warmer periods, kinda like a parade uniform w/out the jacket, especially if their jobs are iether desk jobs or general patrooling and stuff in areas you don't expect to find trouble). Whilst what Leon and Kevin are wearing are what certain navies and "forces" would call a "work uniform" (such as the dark blue M-2000s, or previously M-82s, that the Norwegian Navy uses, but with light padding to the upper body). These uniforms are more solid, used for either heavy labor (non-desk-level tasks), at night shifts (since they offer better isolation and is a more agile/mobile solution to wearing a jacket + as with the "office/parade" uniform; rolling your sleeves is done only when needed), or when you otherwise expect trouble of some sort. Guess everyone in RE2 didn't exactly expect a zombie outbreak in late September (just not the season for that sort of thing).

Different places have different customs in terms of what uniform you wear when you show up for your first day somewhere. Especially when you don't know what tasks you're to be assigned. But in general, using a "work uniform" is the safer bet and easier to "get away with" in cases where people comment on you being improperly dressed for the task you're performing.

Comment

• Leon was still a rookie in 1.5, it just wasn't his "first day."
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I was looking at screenshots for the zombie types in 1.5, and there seems to be 3 standard ones that are used consistently.

Civilian (brown shirt, seen in the shutter hallway, sewers, and RPD entrance).
                                Uniform Officer (blue jump-suit type uniform, seen everywhere).
                                Fat Officer (dress shirt/dress pants, seen everywhere).

We also see;

Lab Coat (AFAIK, these were imported whole-sale from RE1, but with 1.5 animations, so they "look" a little better - even the ones used in retail 2 were very similar)
                                Female (which ominously disappear after a certain build)
                                Prisoners (arms/torso)

That gives us at least 5 to play around with. Retail 2 did not have that many more, to be honest. If the prisoners are completed, and utilized, that's 6. It wouldn't be that much more work to add more types, and variety would be nice. I know people are discussing more uniformed officers, but to be honest, I think we need at least one more type of both male and female civilians. That would bring it to 8. I am also expecting naked zombies in the labs. Even with like, 3 additions, the game is already starting to round out quite nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X