Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Inkfliction View Post
    Was there any updates on how, or if, they will include the final boss as shown in one of the action scenes killing a chimera from the biohazard 1.5 demo. It looked as though it could have been a final form of William Birkin.
    that is not his final form. in scene you talk of he kills the man spider, not an ordinary chimera.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
    What is the boss icon for anyway? A cup of coffee? I really have no idea why that would even be in there.
    is something called a placeholder. they don't always need to make sense for anyone. suntory's boss coffee is quite popular.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      Ah, so they are in this ITP then? If so, I've released the file online for everyone to play around with.
      Yep.

Here's a little bit more information on the format (it's the same as retail Bio2):

Each TIM is 0x21A0 bytes; immediately following are the headerless 40x30 icons (0x4B0 bytes).

The *.itp archive is sector-allocated, so, the each TIM/icon begins at each 0x3000byte interval. For example, the first starts at 0x00, the next at 0x3000, and so on.

Also, I should mention that the 40x30 icons use a very specific CLUT which cannot be modified (through normal means).

...and yeah, they're pretty fugly - lot's of placeholders and MS Paint work.
      Last edited by MeganGrass; 06-02-2013, 07:06 PM.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• The coffee is quite good IMO. I've had some before.

The placeholder icons are quite funny IMO. They must have been drinking a bunch of it during development.

MarkGrass, how exactly can I extract the remaining icons from the archive then? Is there anything available that can do that?
        Last edited by Zombie_X; 06-02-2013, 07:06 PM.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Here's something else I found in the files:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8824[/ATTACH]
          What the fuck is THAT!!!
          Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
            What the fuck is THAT!!!
            The big question is whether or not the face is on the right or the left side of it.

Comment

• Seems like something similar to the textures of Cerberus. The head is on the right, and the body showing the ribs on the left. But it's hard to say!!!
              Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                What the fuck is THAT!!!
                Must've be an in joke about someone taking pictures of their poo

Comment

• What program does one use to open .tim files? o_O

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                    What program does one use to open .tim files? o_O
                    I think it's Tim viewer, can be found here:

Use control f!
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

MarkGrass, how exactly can I extract the remaining icons from the archive then? Is there anything available that can do that?
                      Manually, for now.

I'm kinda iffy about releasing any updates for biofat, although, 1.5 is fully supported. :|
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Hrm.. I played around with BIOFAT but couldn't figure out how to extract them at all. I tried loading 1.5 RDT's into it for disassembly, but it keeps crashing. It makes a esp folder and a room folder along with sub-folders, then crashes.

Any chance you can tell me how to extract the files? I'd like to do it.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by curse420 View Post
                          Cool, thanks.

Comment

• A lot of the .TIM files that I extracted are BOSS placeholders. There's only 5 icons in there that are for picking up/examining items. I gotta figure out how to extract the item menu icons.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• They were already posted (and by posted I mean leaked) on 123. Are you wanting them just out of curiosity or are you specifically wanting the HQ versions?
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Hrm.. I played around with BIOFAT but couldn't figure out how to extract them at all. I tried loading 1.5 RDT's into it for disassembly, but it keeps crashing. It makes a esp folder and a room folder along with sub-folders, then crashes.

Any chance you can tell me how to extract the files? I'd like to do it.
                                I'm sorry, I should have specified.

Since the last public release of biofat (Nov.2012), I've added support for all the 1.5 data, fixed bugs and all that good stuff. The current, public version doesn't support 1.5 (except for what is already supported by Bio2 retail).

That said, and out of respect for IGAS (not that biofat can even compare to their leet sauce), I am choosing to hold onto the current version, for now.

EDIT: To help fuel your fire, none of the 40x30 icons are blank/boss coffee/placeholders.
                                Last edited by MeganGrass; 06-02-2013, 08:17 PM.
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X