Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
    Those are all on the PC ver art galleries.
    They are also on the DC version.

On the subject of 1.5 I am sure it will be released and once it does I am sure the value of other builds will go down. The initial release of the hacked and unhacked versions may lead to the release f other builds down the road. We know there are a few out there and I know there is a guy in the UK who has one (don't know him personally).

Time will tell. Be patient.
    Last edited by Zombie_X; 08-26-2012, 01:13 PM.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I don't think the release of this build will have any impact on the value of other builds, by all rights this is probably the least exotic build out of the lot of them. It will contain a little bit of old code and a little bit of later code but there will always be things of value in the other builds that might be out there that people would want, such as unique artwork for example like in the early builds or a more complete gameplay experience like in the later builds. It's like saying the release of beta 2 or the Trial Edtion have crippled the value of beta 1, where as if it does actually exist in the wild it's obviously well hidden and still extremely valuable.

This release will likely have no impact on the final build as that is still the build everyone wants, and the older builds hold a very collectible appeal just because of how unique they are compared to the others and the history behind them. I'd still pay a very nice price for other builds of 1.5 even if this game got released because they still mean something to me and I appreciate their individuality. Who knows there might be many secrets locked away in those early builds that paint a completely different picture of this game that we never expected. You just never know and you can't judge their value on the release of one build which is already heavilly documented.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-26-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone have an idea of how many background images the final build has compared to the Curator's version? I know they have different estimated completion percentages, but maybe these do not reflect the amount of background images contained on the disc? I think the background images are one of the most, if not the most, important part of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
          Does anyone have an idea of how many background images the final build has compared to the Curator's version? I know they have different estimated completion percentages, but maybe these do not reflect the amount of background images contained on the disc? I think the background images are one of the most, if not the most, important part of the game.
          Well, here's some facts that I do know:

- The backgrounds used in the final build predate the backgrounds in the Trial Edition
          - Some backgrounds in the PSM build represent scenes before Capcom made further adjustments for final
          - Some backgrounds in the PSM build are modifications of older backgrounds from earlier builds

I honestly think this build will be a mish mash of old and new. It will contain some obsolete backgrounds, will contain some final backgrounds but will also contain a lot of incomplete backgrounds as well. I think the main difference is going to be with ADT masks, a lot of backgrounds will be in near final stages but won't have their corresponding foreground layers. If any other RE betas are proof of anything expect the backgrounds to get worse and more incomplete the further the game goes on. I think the sewers and the labs are probably the most likely candidates for severe inconsistencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
            If any other RE betas are proof of anything expect the backgrounds to get worse and more incomplete the further the game goes on. I think the sewers and the labs are probably the most likely candidates for severe inconsistencies.
            And yet we have precious little of the RPD above the first floor... Either we've been particularly unlucky with those areas, or they were barely built in the PSM version, even though they occur early in the game.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
            I honestly think this build will be a mish mash of old and new. It will contain some obsolete backgrounds, will contain some final backgrounds but will also contain a lot of incomplete backgrounds as well.
            And we have a fairly good idea of which are obsolete and which are final right?

Originally posted by geluda View Post
            I think the main difference is going to be with ADT masks, a lot of backgrounds will be in near final stages but won't have their corresponding foreground layers.
            Sorry for my ignorance, but what are ADT masks? and how do foreground layers work? Do those include the dynamic 3D elements of the background?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
              And yet we have precious little of the RPD above the first floor... Either we've been particularly unlucky with those areas, or they were barely built in the PSM version, even though they occur early in the game.

And we have a fairly good idea of which are obsolete and which are final right?

Sorry for my ignorance, but what are ADT masks? and how do foreground layers work? Do those include the dynamic 3D elements of the background?
              Yes, we have a reasonably good idea. We can confirm the state of many backgrounds simply by doing comparisons between footage from the PSM build, the BioFlames build and the Trial Edition. There are a lot of background which seem pretty much set in stone despite a few potential minor differences, for instance the first sections of the RPD, the factory, and some sections of the labs seem reasonably consistent, I believe people have spotted a few differences, one particular obsolete background from the factory can be seen on the first page of this thread. But then there's sections like the upper levels of the RPD like you mentioned, the sewers and many lab areas which we have yet to see, incomplete backgrounds of these could be hidden away in the files and not readily accessible in the game, so who knows about that. Many backgrounds in the final build weren't even complete, so I'm sure we'll see many absent backgrounds and some bare bones backgrounds hidden away on the disc.

ADT masks are the foreground objects which the player walks behind. They're very complicated, they're not single images like a background but are compromised of lots of broken up pieces, almost like a jigsaw puzzle, and are drawn on the 3D plain to add layers of depth. I don't think many people really understand how they work, especially not me, so I can't really tell you much about them. What I can point out however is that in the final build the foreground layers still weren't complete, a lot of areas were missing them even in the RPD. I can't say for certain but I'd imagine in a build like this one those foreground layers would be even more incomplete and the problem more wide spread.

Comment

• From ASSEMbler:

Originally posted by Curse420

My sources have confirmed that the very build we are discussing is already in the hands of several people, right now. As i've been told, "it's only a matter of time" before it's released into the wild. It's owners are trying to extract and find every single bit of information about it before discussing details of anonymous release. It will rob this community of producing such findings, afterwards, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

-quoted from MarkGrass, posted by killer7ITA in this thread on Bioflames: http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewt...0a2fe98f514a4b
                Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                  From ASSEMbler:
                  wohoooo!!!

(crowd clapping)

maybe soon we will gloriously hear sound of the prototype in game...

Comment

From ASSEMbler:
                    That's a lie! They're trolling us, I'm sure of it.
                    4 weeks are pretty much enough to determine the trolling level of these evil selfish people.

No, no wait. It isn't trolling, it was CAPCOM!!!!!!

Comment

• From THIA, from Assembler, from BioFlames lol.

Original post here.

Comment

• I think we've all learned not to get our hopes up too much.

Comment

• First they're trying to fix the holes, now they're only extracting every last bit of data? TIME PARADOX, SNEIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• In order to 'serve za past, one must first butter the future!

So... this 1.5 build, is it like some sort of butterpocket that a giant butter rig has started drilling info and pumping only the purest of margarin out of? Either way, at this point I wouldn't trust anyone's claims. Everyone has a friend of a friend who one point fives for a living.
                            Last edited by Carnivol; 08-27-2012, 03:43 AM.

Comment

My sources have confirmed that the very build we are discussing is already in the hands of several people, right now. As i've been told, "it's only a matter of time" before it's released into the wild. It's owners are trying to extract and find every single bit of information about it before discussing details of anonymous release. It will rob this community of producing such findings, afterwards, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.
                              -quoted from MarkGrass, posted by killer7ITA in this thread on Bioflames: http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewt...0a2fe98f514a4b
                              Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                              maybe soon we will gloriously hear sound of the prototype in game...
                              Someone hold me....
                              Last edited by aris13; 08-27-2012, 02:16 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• LOL.

I hope there is iron in these words.

Comment

Working...
                                X