Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tracks of the youtuber are very good, but the use of the retail tracks is the best way to keep the fidelity of the project. If other tracks are used, the "purist" will say "blasphemy", "bastardization"...
    Last edited by The_Wes; 07-01-2013, 03:35 PM.
    Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
      The tracks of the youtuber are very good, but the use of the retail tracks is the best way to keep the fidelity of the project. If other tracks are used, the "purist" will say "blasphemy", "bastardization"...
      they already say that about retail track in the east corridor, you won't be able to win with them if you are IGAS so fuck em

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
        I hope they use that one creepy track from Resident Evil 2 Trial Edition that sounds like it belongs in 1.5, and was never in retail RE2.
        You don't mean this do you?

It was actually written for 1.5

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohmycod View Post
          You don't mean this do you?

It was actually written for 1.5
          Yep! That's the one! :3

Comment

• That track is very good, I hope IGAS use it.
            Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Yes I always liked that track too, thankfully it will be in 1.5

Comment

• My list of which tracks fit in 1.5

Spoiler:

Comment

• A lot of those tracks are very good, and think they fit very well in certain situations. Darkness, this is my opinions of those tracks, and where is a good place to use it (only IMO).

Left Alone ~ Yard Theme:
                  -Perfect to the moment when the characters left out the RPD.

Drove the Passengers to be the Living Dead:
                  -Good, maybe by the factory area.

Who's That Lady?:
                  -Maybe fit with the encounters with Ada.

The Basement of Police Station :
                  -Perfect for morgue, boiler room or those underground hallways.

Embryo Into Its Cradle:
                  -I heard some similar track in the OST of 1.5.

Destined to be Malformed ~ Battle against G-Creature
                  -I think this track is prefect for Leon's fight with Birkin in the Lab, in the place that Mr.X fall
                  to the boiling metal.

It Is After You ~ Cable Car Battle Theme:
                  -Birkin inside the train. Final fight!!!

This Is My Nest ~ Giant Moth's Theme:
                  -Very good for the relaxing and creeping moment in the sewers.

The Underground Sky Tram:
                  -Maybe fits like a suspense track during the investigation of the labs.

Nemesis - OST - The City Without Hope:
                  -Maybe is goog for the areas of outside, like the entrance to the factory.
                  Last edited by The_Wes; 07-01-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                    A lot of those tracks are very good, and think they fit very well in certain situations. Darkness, this is my opinions of those tracks, and where is a good place to use it (only IMO).

Left Alone ~ Yard Theme:
                    -Perfect to the moment when the characters left out the RPD.

Drove the Passengers to be the Living Dead:

Who's That Lady?:
                    -Maybe fit with the encounters with Ada.

The Basement of Police Station :
                    -Perfect for morgue, boiler room or those underground hallways.

Embryo Into Its Cradle:
                    -I heard some similar track in the OST of 1.5.

Destined to be Malformed ~ Battle against G-Creature
                    -I think this track is prefect for Leon's fight with Birkin in the Lab, in the place that Mr.X fall
                    to the boiling metal.

It Is After You ~ Cable Car Battle Theme:
                    -Birkin inside the train. Final fight!!!

This Is My Nest ~ Giant Moth's Theme:
                    -Very good for the relaxing and creeping moment in the sewers.

The Underground Sky Tram:
                    -Maybe fits like a suspense track during the investigation of the labs.

Nemesis - OST - The City Without Hope:
                    -Maybe is goog for the areas of outside, like the entrance to the factory.
                    Exactly what I was thinking my friend!

Comment

• Maybe IGAS is receiving this feedback, even when they don't post in the thread. I hope so... The use of this tracks in those situations would be cool!!!

Edit: Some time ago, I was talking with D.Birkin about a more smooth 3D models. Here is my idea of how will looks that models:

Click image for larger version

Name:	6986d75ec8ce63689cdad9569756e247o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	403145

On the left my custom model, with smoothed joints an less poly (obiously isn't finished). By this way, it's possible improve the graphics and the optimization. What do you think of this??? Breaks the graphics style or it's an interesting improve???
                      Last edited by The_Wes; 07-01-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Yes D.Birkin has already talked about implementing these techniques, similar to BIO3! I didn't understand it at first, and personally I was never fond of BIO3's flat graphical style, although now I'm actually really looking forward to seeing the results. If it improves optimisation and allows them to push more out of the engine, perhaps by having more detailed textures or by allowing them to cram more information into each room, then I'm all for it.

Comment

• Maybe will make it looks like a GameCube port of the game, which is a good thing.

Comment

• Yeah, Birkin talked of use a similar tech of BIO3. And in his words, the 3D models of BIO3 are still built in various pieces. Then he applies some technics to vertex I can't understand to make this effect. But in the way I'm doing, I think is easiest. All the 3D model in one piece and animate with skeletic. Your model will have less polygons, looks better and the results are very similar. The difference is you have to modify the structure of the real model. The eternal dilema, improve or keep the fidelity... I haven't big knowledges of nothing, but I think improve the models in my way is more easy and effective (I'm talkin from my illiterate, maybe I'm saying a big stupidity).

EDIT: I have to say again my complete model is still less poly than original RE2, looking a lot better.

EDIT 2: Thinking carefully, my technique has some defects. If a zombie is built in one piece maybe we can't dismembered them when we shoots at him... But if you keep the legs and the down part of the torso in one group, and the head and upper torso in other group, you can dismembered in half the zombi. The same for the head. But join the joints of legs, arms and the down torso is important. Those parts seems pretty awfull with those joints. And of course, the main characters could build in a total one piece.
                            Last edited by The_Wes; 07-01-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• It seems one of the worst parts of the joints is the shadowing as light seems to be cast on each separate piece individually as opposed to the character as a whole. The result is a shadow that cuts through the joint leaving dark lines making each individual piece more defined instead of blending them all together.

Comment

• Drove the Passengers to be the Living Dead:
                                I've always thought this track seemed to be written for 1.5. Take a listen to MAIN05 from the MZD build, and you can actually hear parts of it in the background. That particular track also has similarities to The Marshalling Yard: Second Half (it has the exact same melody at parts). To me, that indicates it was probably intended for the Factory -- my personal theory is that it's for when the zombies crash through the lobby and trap Marvin.

Imagine the scene from BIO3 where all of the zombies converge on the gas station while Jill and Carlos are inside, but with them converging on the factory lobby instead, and with MAIN05 playing. Seems like it fits to me
                                Obligatory signature ad for things I've made:

You can find out more at my website or Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X