Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It also makes sense that they'd recycle assets from 1.5 since in all reality money was invested into it to later be scrapped. In other words a loss of money. They more then likely wanted to save some money or take what they had invested in to reuse in later RE games so in some sense actually make some profit on the old assets. Im sure Newsbot will more then likely correct me on this matter but it was worth my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 08-22-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• I've always been curious about the objects and textures they used in the early RE games. Were these all created from scratch? Or did Capcom purchase them from sort of 3D objects/texture library, like the kinds that exist today? Though I am guessing it was probably a combination of both.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        The background artists had no say in the plot. None of the backgrounds in general are really accurate to the canon. They reused it for filler, just as they reused U.S. Special Forces members in the hospital despite the writer saying they weren't meant to be there, or Raccoon SWAT members in places where, again, they weren't meant to be. The background artists have some free reign.
        Who was supposed to be in the hospital then, if not Special Forces units? And where are dead SWAT members found? I'm just curious.

Comment

• There is nothing wrong with reusing assets if it doesn´t affect the quality of the game, especially when they are minor details that you have to look at 10 times before finding one of them. A different thing is something like REUC which openly recycles almost everything from other games.
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Well, CAPCOM likes to re-use old assets, even cars... in 1.5 the Police Cars in SITE C Marvin (I saw the files in the BH 2 Trial Disc) the cars nameplates like an example not real: NCC-1701 in backwards and a mirror is needed to see the real number... very odd... it's just and example... see the car from the BH2 Trial Disc background SITE-C background and it's backwards... It's so odd...
            Last edited by STARSRedfield; 08-22-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Hmmm, I don't know if you mean the number itself is just an example or not.......but if it is real, you do know that NCC-1701 is the designation for the Enterprise, right? A Star Trek reference in Resident Evil???? Odd indeed!
              It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accell View Post
                Who was supposed to be in the hospital then, if not Special Forces units? And where are dead SWAT members found? I'm just curious.
                Nobody was meant to be there. The dead SWAT can be found where you first get the shotgun and later near the cable car.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post

Thank you for uploading these. This contribution should take the edge off for those who'd like to see the PSM build in all its glory.
                  I wonder why Ada talks like a man.
                  It's weird.

Comment

• Also in the game (Parasite Eve 2) there are some things resident evil 1.5 recycled.

1:

2:Roy

3:

4:

5:

I thought that the name PIERS was again in resident evil 6, but it was a recycled name of a doberman in resident evil 1.5, if you notice on your left on the plate you will notice the name (JOJO) another fictional character from capcom (JoJo's bizarre adventure).
                    Spoiler:

Comment

• NONE of those are recycled. There are some aesthetic similarities because they were done by the same artists, but there are absolutely no reused assets or resources.

The kennel is made by IGAS as a joke.
                      Last edited by News Bot; 08-23-2013, 08:37 AM.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                        D.Birkin, I have a question for you. Have you managed to get a functional A.I for the baboons?
                        Partial rewrite is planned.

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                        The dogs do act differently though. They don't fall after being shot (the way this is handled is very awkward), and they're now able to tackle the player to the ground, for which the animation is very rough and incomplete.
                        Dogs have hidden actions too. They can climb like zombies but I do not know if this functionality is implemented. Further analysis will provide answers like it did for zombie revive error.

Originally posted by Renard View Post
                        Still have no clue why some people thought that the MZD build was some "ruined" version of the PVB though. IGAS clearly just cleaned up the original build, and if anything, made it presentable enough for their sudden MZD release.
                        Some people say we steal code from other games but that is not true and impossible if you know base programming. I can create complex code with my head and team artists can make everything else. We would not have new menu screens or backgrounds and models if we can only steal, right? Many hidden improvements are inside MZD build that final user can not individuate. We also have a recent improvement in sound libraries that make good addition to sound options and playback quality. Current code of mine is over 30% of original game code. I can say 1/3th of game is my creation.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        So the MZD seems to be much more complete.
                        Code and asset speaking it is. Only hiccup is because of experiments I did with bouncing clip code causing bugs in climb actions.

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                        Sorry if this has been asked already (I don't really feel like having to sieve through over 700 pages to find out ), but has IGAS ever spoke to Dominion, or has anyone else for that matter since 2008?
                        I did not.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                        I just think the fear of having the backgrounds 'stolen' is unfounded.
                        No fear. MDEC signature scansion does not return matches on current builds. No scansion of official or known formats retrieves matches.

Originally posted by BiohazardFE View Post
                        I think a fair few pages back there was a debate on how the Spiderman was similar to the Drain Deimos. The running attack and also the spitting acid. Personally I think it was the inspiration. There's also talk somewhere here about how the Spiderman became the Ivy from retail RE2 but that's a little stretched for me, I can see the spitting acid and perhaps from a technical standpoint, the number of parts the model has perhaps but I still don't agree. Definitely Drain Deimos.
                        I think Capcom artists are very creative and do not need “back inspiration”.

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                        I've always been curious about the objects and textures they used in the early RE games. Were these all created from scratch? Or did Capcom purchase them from sort of 3D objects/texture library, like the kinds that exist today? Though I am guessing it was probably a combination of both.
                        Some background assets come from SoftImage library.

Originally posted by reisenthel View Post
                        I wonder why Ada talks like a man.
                        Really really? ;)

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        The kennel is made by IGAS as a joke.
                        I am not sure if people not realizing our easter eggs is good or not.
                        Last edited by D.Birkin; 08-23-2013, 09:34 AM.
                        “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• you're awesome as always birkin

can i ask you a question ? there will be another video before trial version ?

Comment

• Originally posted by towerofpowerx View Post
                            Hmmm, I don't know if you mean the number itself is just an example or not.......but if it is real, you do know that NCC-1701 is the designation for the Enterprise, right? A Star Trek reference in Resident Evil???? Odd indeed!
                            AHHH no... is just an example... because i don't remember the number plate on that police car it was a 60XX or something... it's just an example, because i don't remember the number... just see the SITE C Marvin from Trial Edition and the entire Police Car is reversed...

Comment

• It is always a good sign for B.Zork or D.Birkin to reply or post new info. I love easter eggs. Makes the game more interesting. Can't wait for more updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                                Also in the game (Parasite Eve 2) there are some things resident evil 1.5 recycled.

1:

2:Roy

3:

4:

5:

I thought that the name PIERS was again in resident evil 6, but it was a recycled name of a doberman in resident evil 1.5, if you notice on your left on the plate you will notice the name (JOJO) another fictional character from capcom (JoJo's bizarre adventure).
                                Spoiler:
                                You couldn't stretch any farther if you were stretch armstrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X