Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
    some kind of are. well... what they are doing is better than that i think
    They're just ripping backgrounds from the magic door build that was already released and putting them in the PC version.

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
      Funny, the Saturn Battle Mode is the only RE extra game that I enjoy to play. Maybe because 1) the order of the rooms match the game and makes me feel that I am going through the game again 2) You really need to manage your ammo there! Again, giving you the same survival feeling as in the game. The other Battle Games, from other RE games, are just mindless shooters that doesn't match the main game at all.
      Actually, not at all. What you say only applies to the Battle Mode from Code Veronica, which is heavily inspired from the Battle Mode from RE1 Saturn (disconnected rooms where you have to kill everything to get to the next room) except for the game-changing fact that ammo is unlimited, so that you only have to focus on speed, and not resource management. Leech Hunter, 4th Survivor/Tofu, Extreme Battle, RE3 Mercenaries : 1) the orders of the rooms match the game 2) you need to manage your ammo. Now, RE4-5-6 Mercenaries is a different story of course, but I'm only talking about old school RE there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
        They're just ripping backgrounds from the magic door build that was already released and putting them in the PC version.
        Oh, we so need that kind of EXTREMELY USEFUL example of retail ports. I mean, what's better than a bunch of disconnected rooms thrown together while also swapping in a few models that still rely on old AI and code? ORUGAZUMIKKU!
        Last edited by Gemini; 02-27-2013, 10:06 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Now that's ironic... It's like "Oh noe! They're stealing code from 1.5 and putting it into RE2! What horrible monsters they are... "
          Last edited by Alfred; 02-27-2013, 12:55 PM.
          Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
            Now that's ironic... It's like "Oh noe! They're stealing code from 1.5 and putting it into RE2! What horrible monsters they are... "
            Has anyone so far managed to rip Elza's character model from the WIP build and insert it to retail RE2? That's something I'd like to play with while waiting for the honorable mystery Team's full release. :3

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
              Are you certain? Think it's far beyond just the backgrounds from what I can see...
              Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• They're essentially just taking everything from the released build and making a "stable version for RE2 PC."
                From what's been said by them, that's all they're doing - porting. That's not them 'recreating the 40% build', it's taking stuff from the released build and then claiming it as their own which is what they were bitching at 'The Team' for doing with C Injection...

It'd be ironic for them claiming the bastardization of the Team's Mod and then to recreate material themselves.
                Quite funny to be honest, hate the teams work, salvage materials from their early release.

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                Oh, we so need that kind of EXTREMELY USEFUL example of retail ports. I mean, what's better than a bunch of disconnected rooms thrown together while also swapping in a few models that still rely on old AI and code? ORUGAZUMIKKU!
                plz dont hate my 1.5 restoration mod gemini i put a lot of time an effort in to it using official resorces and hackz.

I would honestly say I hope that the team wouldn't release their mod tools because of the bullshit they're getting, but then it's not fair for the people who genuinely love to look into the game engine, modifying it and creating tools like MarkGrass who has given a lot to the community. Meh. What you gonna do.
                Last edited by Gradon; 02-27-2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scream View Post
                  Hey Bzork, if you're still reading, how about a two player bonus mode (for example in the battle game or something) similar to the stuff in this thread (from early RE1 beta)? http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...-96-Footage-HQ

I know controller codes can be done quite easily with gameshark codes on certain games.. so perhaps half of it will be simple for you guys.. ;)

This would be amazing! However, I'm kind of torn on what music should be playing during this mini game. It seems they went with the RE4 theme but I feel it may be better to use themes from RE2/1.5.

Comment

• Originally posted by StuntmanSnake View Post
                    This would be amazing! However, I'm kind of torn on what music should be playing during this mini game. It seems they went with the RE4 theme but I feel it may be better to use themes from RE2/1.5.
                    the RE2 extreme battle tunes are loud like hell!! they take blood from my ears ehehe.

idk really...

Comment

• I never had a problem with the volume of the extreme battle music but if it really is that ear-piercing, I assume they can lower the volume.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                        There's a big problem about it: RE1 never had a coop mode, that stuff in the footage is more like a support player being moved by AI, basically what Ada does in retail 2. But even if that was really supposed to be a multiplayer feature, the engine simply isn't suitable for such a mode due to the very nature of faux 3D environments.
                        Wrong.
                        It actually was suppost to be 2 player, I heard it in an interview a while back.. - but because of the scene/camera switching, they could not have split screen - and online did not exist - we eventually got the idea with Outbreak.
                        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Even if it was planned, the support player movement really looks way too similar to that of an AI-controlled character.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Any details? I'm always intrigued by people actually working on 1.5 stuff?
                            they are taking all the 100% confirmed original 1.5 content they can and porting it over to retail for a stable build mod.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                              they are taking all the 100% confirmed original 1.5 content they can and porting it over to retail for a stable build mod.
                              Minus The Team's known created content (such as the 1F East Corridor, the 3F Corridor, the Elevator, B1 Corridor, Etc.) Those won't be included. It also sounds like they will probably also be using the original inferior placeholder ammo drawing and the RE 1 'Chris' and 'Jill' portrait ID placeholders and such for Leon and Elza, since those were shown to be in the original build. Not only will it be less complete than The Team's old WIP version, it will also use obvious inferior placeholder items and RE 1 IDs over any Team upgrades.

Some might like that, if you're a RE 1.5 purist and all. But most of us would rather wait for The Team themselves to release the vanilla build along with the final build.
                              Last edited by Eteponge; 02-27-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• It's admirable, I understand the passion, challenge and achievement of doing such a mod, but it seems like kind of a waste in the long run when "the team" are doing it with the real thing. Although just because I don't think it's a good idea right now doesn't mean it shouldn't be done, there's a lot to be learned and a lot of experience to be gained from working on such a task so I think if they're enjoying what they're doing and getting something out it then it's all good. It has been interesting to see these projects evolve over the past couple of years so it will be interesting to see where it leads from here.

Comment

Working...
                                X