No announcement yet.

[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUYS! TRY NOT TO KILL ONE ANOTHER! OKAY!?

I'd hate to start handing out infractions, bans, etc. when the weather's all nice and dandy for a change.

It's spring, for fuck's sake!

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
    Please, continue lying, as you are convincing even yourself that what you're doing is the most awesome mod ever done, with Photoshop ;)

I saw it on the YouTube comments to the latest making of video and even Dot50Cal commented on it there too. Yes. Those "masks" in those pictures they posted are without a doubt fake -- a bit sad, since there's a lot of people who were really excited by seemingly reputable people doing this, as it has been one of the biggest hurdles in the RE modding scene for quite some time -- and it does nothing but cast doubt towards them and their ability to do anything related to accurate recreation of other stuff ... Especially considering how the photoshop talent kinda stops there at not even making sure foreground things are done at the same base resolution as the background layers are. And, yes, the PC version of RE2 operates with the same resolution for background renders as the overlay masks. If it didn't, I must say I'm oddly puzzled as for why they're not just exploiting the geometrical positioning of the masks to make "hi-res" backgrounds in-game, rather than blurry ones

Comment

• Oh my.

Colvin provided 1.5 (or the emulator or something?) to DB in exchange for his hacking abilities. Evidently, DB couldn't do whatever it was. The fact that DB is using already stolen content is wrong regardless of what he does with it. That doesn't make him a shithead, but it probably means he doesn't quite understand the implications of its use.

Why people just can't fucking wait for the rightful owners to release their perfected build (and the vanilla build with it) is beyond me. This community is full of people either desperately clamoring for glory and financial gain, or spending their days as keyboard warrior and trashing work that makes their own look like garbage simply because their own "skills" are deficient.

That said, I can't masturbate to this.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol
        Especially considering how the photoshop talent kinda stops there at not even making sure foreground things are done at the same base resolution as the background layers are. And, yes, the PC version of RE2 operates with the same resolution for background renders as the overlay masks. If it didn't, I must say I'm oddly puzzled as for why they're not just exploiting the geometrical positioning of the masks to make "hi-res" backgrounds in-game, rather than blurry ones
        Uh yeah.. you both seem to have caught us in the act then...

Did you ever have a look at Masks at all? I don't think so... When playing the games in 640x480, the 256x256 mask source plane gets resized by the game, not using the best resizing function there is. That results in the "issues" SonicBlue tried to point out.. If we would have used Photoshop as you claim we would had to resize the mask and there wouldn't be the pointed out issues at all.. No matter if you applied the mask parts before resizing the pic to 640x480 or later when it already is 640x480.. Also you all are doing your best to hijack Martin's topic, applause.

You will soon get the evidence that you're the lying bunch here which just can't stand the fact that what you see is legit not fake. But nice try ;) Someone is getting jealous I guess? haha
        Last edited by TheMortician; 05-28-2013, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
          Uh yeah.. you both seem to have caught us in the act then...

Did you ever have a look at Masks at all? I don't think so... When playing the games in 640x480, the 256x256 mask source plane gets resized by the game, not using the best resizing function there is. That results in the "issues" SonicBlue tried to point out..
          You will soon get the evidence that you're the lying bunch here which just can't stand the fact that what you see is legit not fake. But nice try ;)
          Are you actually creating new backgrounds from scratch or are you just effectively painting over them?

Comment

• Some rooms we have shown in the past were what others called "reskins".. We based them a lot on vanilla rooms back then, to avoid issues we couldn't handle. That has changed, we now have every freedom in room creation you would need to make rooms from scratch. We do all the room editing or creation in our 3D suites used.

- Boundaries
            - Cam positions
            - Camera switch zones
            - AOT objects (doors, items, item3d models, events/message triggers)

Meaning that we now focus on custom cam angles and obviously custom masks too.

We will provide a small technical demo, that will be playable soon. This will debunk those hilarious attempts of defaming us.

And Carnivol, I don't know which youtube comments you refer to, but I haven't seen hilarious claims like that popping up somewhere in my channel, where all those videos were shown..
            Also there is no masked REM footage videos yet, only a prove that I was able to port 1.5 rooms incl. mask data to PC and even there is not a comment like that...
            Again nice try, but it will backfire soon enough ;)
            Last edited by TheMortician; 05-28-2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Some rooms we have shown in the past were what others called "reskins".. We based them a lot on vanilla rooms back then, to avoid issues we couldn't handle. That has changed, we now have every freedom in room creation you would need to make rooms from scratch. We do all the room editing or creation in our 3D suites used.

- Boundaries
              - Cam positions
              - Camera switch zones
              - AOT objects (doors, items, item3d models, events/message triggers)

Meaning that we now focus on custom cam angles and obviously custom masks too.

We will provide a small technical demo, that will be playable soon. This will debunk those hilarious attempts of defaming us.

Again nice try, but it will backfire soon enough ;)
              Looking forward to them then.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                Are you actually creating new backgrounds from scratch or are you just effectively painting over them?
                ^ Wow loads of shit !

@SonicBlue, Oh wow ! So all those masks we showed were fake because you are pissed off we achieved that ? So you want a proof that these masks are real ? Sure why not ? Just Hold On and prepare for the show, get some pop corn ready !
                Last edited by Mrox2; 05-28-2013, 08:11 AM.
                Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                  ^ Wow loads of shit !
                  I was asking a question. Hence the "?"

Comment

I was asking a question. Hence the "?"
                    And your question is supposed to be funny ?
                    ^ Lol ...

Comment

And your question is supposed to be funny ?
                      No, it was a question to a matter I didn't know.

Don't be so quick to jump on my dick, chap.

Comment

Did you ever have a look at Masks at all? I don't think so... When playing the games in 640x480, the 256x256 mask source plane gets resized by the game, not using the best resizing function there is. That results in the "issues" SonicBlue tried to point out.. If we would have used Photoshop as you claim we would had to resize the mask and there wouldn't be the pointed out issues at all.. No matter if you applied the mask parts before resizing the pic to 640x480 or later when it already is 640x480..
                        The way Resident Evil upscales things is very simple; pure pixel duplication. (with the exception of actual 3D objects, which are rendered at the target resolution, with added filtering provided by driver settings and such.) No added voodoo to the 2D data. The grid size of the overlays are quite irrelevant, considering how they're still rendered pixel perfect in all versions (and scaled as such in all output resolutions)

In the two pictures shown, the composition for the masks is all wrong. If I'm to blindly guess how that picture is done (easiest route);

-Start game at a resolution of 640x480
                        -Enter target room you want to screengrab
                        -Load screengrab in Photoshop (or alternative)
                        -Take original background render
                        -Upscale background render to match 640x480 upscale by game engine/rendering res.
                        -Poorly cut away parts you don't need
                        -Profit

Creating the end result of a screenshot that for some reason has overlaid background masks that for some reason contain edges that don't match the upscale res the game would've produced under natural circumstances. Not questioning your (in?)ability to make masks, but I'm finding it curious that you're using bullshots (or should we call them "target renders"?)

But, hey, why are we bothering arguing about it, if you've got something to prove, you could easily put up those room files and prove us all wrong within mere minutes. If you lack a host, the forum here supports a large variety of attachment solutions, incl. 7-zip packages ;D
                        Last edited by Carnivol; 05-28-2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

No, it was a question to a matter I didn't know.

Don't be so quick to jump on my dick, chap.
                          It was obvious that some rooms were based on current rooms at early stages of "Distant Memories" but everything now is custom made "the whole room" including masks which you will have fun with soon
                          ^ Lol ...

Comment

^ Wow loads of shit !

@SonicBlue, Oh wow ! So all those masks we showed were fake because you are pissed off we achieved that ? So you want a proof that these masks are real ? Sure why not ? Just Hold On and prepare for the show, get some pop corn ready !
                            I've them ready for years, I don't know if they are still good, you want to eat them for me?

Pissed of of what precisely? That your team after 10 and more years of work on Resident Evil 2 "finally" achieved what is assumed to be standard to make a game of that kind work?

Yeah, opens the menu, MAP, RPD!

Ah, a show no one is interested into seeing, you think people are willing to play a game released in 1998, for Generation 5 consoles, now we are at, what? 8?

Wake up!

Comment

• Sorry guys if bother his drama, but can all you just stop and back on topic? Here is already a off-topic thread, not forget. Thanks.

Comment

• We don't lack a host, we didn't fake anything.
                                We can't just upload the room files in minutes like you say, not without pretty much handing out or whole ROOMCUT.BIN and other files that are not meant for public release and would spoil the game.
                                So we have to round up and prepare some files and prune it all down to just a selected bunch of rooms, which have to be relinked etc.

We will work on that now, to settle this once and for all. After we delivered evidence, we would like to see you guys excusing for your claims. Of course only if you have the guts to admit you were wrong

@SonicBlue

just keep quite dude, you try hard but fail... So no one is interested in RE2 anymore? No? I guess no one is interested in the even older 1.5 then too? Yea? Yea? So all those guys talking about it here and in other places probably don't exist in reality? And math also isn't your strength eh? Distant Memories started back in 2011.. no idea how that makes it a 10 year old project.
                                Last edited by TheMortician; 05-28-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X