No announcement yet.

[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, if you'll look at some of the latest RE15 Inventory screen images floating around - ReonZCanaada's, the ones with the different weapon icons, and then that other that the 123 guys have been waving around - it would appear that at least Leon's staring mix of weapons and gear was different than what we have in the MZD build. Maybe Elza's was, too. Maybe that's another thing that got knocked out of kilter by the Team's early attempts to fix bad/incomplete code. I'm not complaining - look at all the stuff they added, not to mention all that translation work - just speculating based on what's known. Didn't the Team say this had already been fixed? Oh, and I'm sure our resident PMODder here might be able to work a little magic of his own ... given time.

Good catch on the item slots, Mikhail. Finally ... something useful after days of drama in Aleff's thread.

As to the way those door are linked in the MZD build, remember what I said when it first came out. It reminded me a lot of DB's PC PMOD for RE2. Those doors are linked they way they are (or not linked, or linked incorrectly) due to the original programmers' whims. Some are connected like they should be, some for convenience in travel, and some "just because." Some are one way or the wrong way on the other side because Studio 4 forgot to change the link on the back side - or maybe hadn't gotten around to fixing them yet. I'm guessing, but fixing bad door links isn't too high a priority on DB's hacking list right now - not when there's so many other things to deal with. They're actually pretty easy to do, and I'm guessing he'll get to them once some of the bigger issues are dealt with.

Right, DB? Or am I just droning on again, being the old fossil that I am?

As for the 3F Conference Room back door, my past research lead me to believe that it was there to provide the quickest path possible to the Lobby Roof drop after the mutant ape boss fight in there. Think about it - the boss fights occur at the end of a stage. If one PC (player character) fights them in the Garage and then heads out through the Service Bay manhole, then the other PC would fight them in the Conference Room and then head out to the Sewers via the Lobby Roof drop. Straightest path possible. Alzaire was actually the first to suggest that many moons ago, back on the old Bioflames site, and I've yet to see anything that would lead me to believe differently. That's also why I believe - although I can't prove - that the Conference Room back door is supposed to be locked when you start the game. The only way you'd be able to unlock it is from inside the Conference Room - after you've had that boss battle.
    Last edited by RMandel; 06-13-2013, 01:06 AM.
    Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
    Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
      Actually, if you'll look at some of the latest RE15 Inventory screen images floating around - ReonZCanaada's, the ones with the different weapon icons, and then that other that the 123 guys have been waving around - it would appear that at least Leon's staring mix of weapons and gear was different than what we have in the MZD build. Maybe Elza's was, too. Maybe that's another thing that got knocked out of kilter by the Team's early attempts to fix bad/incomplete code. I'm not complaining - look at all the stuff they added, not to mention all that translation work - just stating what's already known. Didn't the Team say this had already been fixed? Oh, and I'm sure our resident PMODder here might be able to work a little magic of his own ... given time.

Good catch on the item slots, Mikhail. Finally ... something useful after days of drama in Aleff's thread.

As to the way those door are linked in the MZD build, remember what I said when it first came out. It reminded me a lot of DB's PC PMOD for RE2. Those doors are linked they way they are (or not linked, or linked incorrectly) due to the original programmers' whims. Some are connected like they should be, some for convenience in travel, and some "just because." Some are one way or the wrong way on the other side because Studio 4 forgot to change the link on the back side - or maybe hadn't gotten around to fixing them yet. I'm guessing, but fixing bad door links isn't too high a priority on DB's hacking list right now - not when there's so many other things to deal with. They're actually pretty easy to do, and I'm guessing he'll get to them once some of the bigger issues are dealt with.

Right, DB? Or am I just droning on again, being the old fossil that I am?

As for the 3F Conference Room back door, my past research lead me to believe that it was there to provide the quickest path possible to the Lobby Roof drop after the mutant ape boss fight in there. Think about it - the boss fights occur at the end of a stage. If one PC (player character) fights them in the Garage and then heads out through the Service Bay manhole, then the other PC would fight them in the Conference Room and then head out to the Sewers via the Lobby Roof drop. Straightest path possible. That's also why I believe - although I can't prove - that the Conference Room back door is supposed to be locked when you start the game. The only way you'd be able to unlock it is from inside the Conference Room - after you've had that boss battle.
      This or that I've always found your posts informative and helpful haha

Comment

• Thanks. Sometimes I put my mouth in gear before my mind and get into trouble ... but always with the best intent.

Comment

• Another thing to consider RMandel is that the door to the roof from the corridor must be locked also, at least when Elza is with John, as if it was open they could just go up to the roof any time. Elza must come up from the elevator shaft when she makes her way up to the confrence room, it makes me wonder if perhaps Leon locks the door him self in his scenario, or perhaps Capcom didn't put that much detail into it.

Comment

• Point taken. They do start at different "ends" of the building - Leon on the top floor, Elza on the bottom. She really doesn't need to go up on the roof until it's time to leave. To me, I think that's why Capcom put the crows up there - to penalize the player for going up there too early. You run up there, they attack you and follow you down - breaking through the 3F or 2F Stairwell Hall windows as required in their pursuit of you. They obviously made it all the way down to 2F at one point - hence our friend with the mangled head propped up under the window like Forrest in RE1.

I also currently think that use of the Elevator is tied in to both the Power Puzzle in the Boiler Room AND the game's zapping system. The first time through, you don't have the Elevator available and have to run up and down via the stairwells. Once you turn the power back on in B1, you also turn the Elevator back on - its motor is sitting next to the control panel. It will then be powered up and available for use the next time you play the game - as the other player character - so you don't have to use the stairs all the time. Just a pet theory I have - no way to prove it - but it's an interesting idea ....

Comment

• How is your mod going DB?
              4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• hello friend DB look forward your new patch and also the patch to play with elza underwear when ready will have the new patch DB friend the day is long not knowing when? , And good work DB.
                and by the way you ere the master of patch.

Comment

• Not sure if stupid or just a troll
                  LOL

Comment

• Hi friends! here another sample of the new patch that will be available soon.

As you can see, you can now shoot the zombies in PRISON!

Hope you like it!

Comment

• Great work as always Martin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Romero View Post
                        hello friend DB look forward your new patch and also the patch to play with elza underwear when ready will have the new patch DB friend the day is long not knowing when? , And good work DB.
                        and by the way you ere the master of patch.
                        l0l

Comment

• Dark Biohazard, could you add the medic room from the trial edition??? I think is a great incorporation for your patch!!!
                          Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                            Dark Biohazard, could you add the medic room from the trial edition??? I think is a great incorporation for your patch!!!
                            I will try to add it. ;)

Comment

• Looking great DB!!

Can you confirm you have all the playable rooms stable to kill zombies with shotguns up close and magnums?

I'd be happy just to have that as a patch for now! that with the connected rooms has ot be some of the best work you've done for us!
                              4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aydan View Post
                                Looking great DB!!

Can you confirm you have all the playable rooms stable to kill zombies with shotguns up close and magnums?

I'd be happy just to have that as a patch for now! that with the connected rooms has ot be some of the best work you've done for us!
                                Thanks you!

Well, only missing me to make stable 1 room (I mean to ROOM514).

Comment

Working...
                                X