Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
    Here all Biohazard 1.5 (Vanilla Build) backgrounds in PNG format:
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I keep working in cutscenes, here a update of my last two cutscenes:

Updated version of my previous v2.0; Roy in Mirror Room cutscene:
    Updated version of my previous v2.0; Roy in Mirror Room cutscene.I hope you like it!

Updated version of my previous v1.0; John in Prison cutscene:
    Updated version of my previous v1.0; John in Prison cutscene.I hope you like it!

Also, I discover a incomplete puzzle in Chief Irons Office:
    Probably all you know about this puzzle, because Team IGAS show us time ago, but recently I discover that this puzzle exist in the original BH1.5 disc data,...

I hope you like it!
    Thanks a lot for ripping the backgrounds!

And great job on restoring those hidden cutscenes/events!
    Your hacks are the perfect way of keeping the old MZD build of 1.5 fresh and interesting!

I'm always excited when you release a new patch! ;)

Comment

• Yeah, I love to see what you can come up with for custom 1.5 cutscenes to tide us over, good job martin!

Comment

• Thanks guys! maybe I will give you some other surprise in any time. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Romero View Post
          Friend DB could make a patch for Resident Evil 2 beta 2 to change to Lion by Claire interezante serious please respond
          But what would be the point, other than just playing as Claire? All of the room data present in BH2 Beta 2 is coded for Leon. It's missing all of the Claire-specific RDTs - unless you wanted to import those from retail, too. You'd just be playing as Claire in Leon's game - with all the freaky and funky side effects that would cause. Oh, well ...
          Last edited by RMandel; 10-15-2013, 02:20 PM.
          Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
          Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• ^ It was possible using gameshark / action replay codes on the Gamecube.

I played as Claire in Leon's game and vice versa.. It did not glitch at all. Obviously she had to use her specific weapons and couldn't use shotguns etc.. and had Leon's voice in cutscenes, but it worked great.. Was kinda cool seeing Claire and Ada together (not in THAT way haha - Leon B)
            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by AnzuAme View Post
              OK! I understand!
              Well remember that IGAS has already stated that their final release will be playable in several different languages, including Japanese.
              Visit the Resident Evil 1.5 wiki and contribute to (Hopefully), a central zone for all 1.5 info.

Comment

• Originally posted by VGBB View Post
                Well remember that IGAS has already stated that their final release will be playable in several different languages, including Japanese.
                As far as I'm aware the game wont be available in Japanese.

Comment

• Geluda's correct. It won't be available in Japanese. It's sad IMO. The beta and game were originally Japanese to begin with. They could always release another version of it later on with only Japanese language support.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Yeah but I think D.Birkin already explained how tough it'd be for them to do Japanese subtitles

Comment

• I understand why they won't implement it, but don't agree with it. There is demand but just not enough for it.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• We've had various responses from them on the subject. Here's what I can recollect.

At first they said they were capable of back-translating content for a Japanese version and that a separate release was possible. Later on, when asked about it, they said they no longer were planning a Japanese version because they said there was no (apparent) interest from Japanese speakers (no duh, it's an English forum). They later said that it would also take too much work and would be difficult because Japanese text uses a lot more data/ a different text data form (or something of the sort). They also said at some point that they didn't feel their translator was good enough to produce an "official" Japanese release. Then someone said something like "If you want Japanese, go play PVB". There are currently 5 other languages (not including English) that are planned for it however.

Though it feels odd to me that they're not going to release it in it's original language, but oh well. It's their project. I'm sure someone could make a Japanese patch if they really wanted to.

Comment

• Well, firstly it means adding Japanese characters into the game that don't exist on the 40% build. But since the fonts have already been modified for English characters, it means going back, re-editing the fonts for Japanese, adding in all the extra characters and so forth. It's not that it's impossible, it's just easier to do one character set at a time, for the same reasons games typically get developed in one language and then receive a localisation after completion for another, be it Japanese > English or English > Japanese, etc. Programming code to deal with both character sets at a time is a lot of unnecessary work and would take up more disc space however big or small, and would slow the development time down considerably. It's just simpler to do it like this and totally understandable why Japanese language would be an afterthought as opposed a primary objective at this stage of development.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                            We've had various responses from them on the subject. Here's what I can recollect.

At first they said they were capable of back-translating content for a Japanese version and that a separate release was possible. Later on, when asked about it, they said they no longer were planning a Japanese version because they said there was no (apparent) interest from Japanese speakers (no duh, it's an English forum). They later said that it would also take too much work and would be difficult because Japanese text uses a lot more data/ a different text data form (or something of the sort). They also said at some point that they didn't feel their translator was good enough to produce an "official" Japanese release. Then someone said something like "If you want Japanese, go play PVB". There are currently 5 other languages (not including English) that are planned for it however.

Though it feels odd to me that they're not going to release it in it's original language, but oh well. It's their project. I'm sure someone could make a Japanese patch if they really wanted to.
                            If there is an editing tool, the making of the Japanization patch is possible.
                            However, we do not have tool of editing subtitles.
                            I'm Japanese. I live in Japan. I like Biohazard (Resident Evil)! The Japanese people wants to play the RE1.5 for Japanese language Ver.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnzuAme View Post
                              If there is an editing tool, the making of the Japanization patch is possible.
                              However, we do not have tool of editing subtitles.
                              is not as simple as that.
                              1.5 run on playstation hardware with limited 2 mb of memory shared for graphics, sound, animation, text, and game code.
                              first thing we do when starting project was analyze, trim and optimize code to free all memory space possible. then we fit new code and assets into newly freed space.

japanese in resident evil games have big font table of many characters of with hiragana katakana and essential kanji. european font set have much smaller set and only consume small fracture of memory space that japanese use. some of the space previously used by japanese font set is used by other functions and assets in this moment.

we have said we want to add other language to project and also back translate to japanese when time is right. this is thing we will look at when main release is complete. we already have deviced a system for handling larger or different fonts from regular font. problem is these languages might require unique and stand alone exe and testing and can not because of restrictions of memory exist in memory with other languages. this is why we not make them a priority. please understand and wait until after main release for info on what we decide for extra languages. interest was huge in some territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                                is not as simple as that.
                                1.5 run on playstation hardware with limited 2 mb of memory shared for graphics, sound, animation, text, and game code.
                                first thing we do when starting project was analyze, trim and optimize code to free all memory space possible. then we fit new code and assets into newly freed space.

japanese in resident evil games have big font table of many characters of with hiragana katakana and essential kanji. european font set have much smaller set and only consume small fracture of memory space that japanese use. some of the space previously used by japanese font set is used by other functions and assets in this moment.

we have said we want to add other language to project and also back translate to japanese when time is right. this is thing we will look at when main release is complete. we already have deviced a system for handling larger or different fonts from regular font. problem is these languages might require unique and stand alone exe and testing and can not because of restrictions of memory exist in memory with other languages. this is why we not make them a priority. please understand and wait until after main release for info on what we decide for extra languages. interest was huge in some territory.
                                How about just doing it completely in Kana like Breath of Fire 1, etc. Or maybe you could add a number to the English text in a pseudo-Japanese option, Japanese players then refer to that number from a file to see the translated script. Sucks, but it kinda works.

Or you could promote 1.5 as a English learning tool?

Comment

Working...
                                X