Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RPD490 View Post
    Good lord, SHE'S A MIDGET XD
    lol,I was suprised too.I`am guessing that because they used sherry`s TMD or PLW...Model data? skeletion.or that they had to fit her in the camrea angle,whatever sounds better.

PS:shhh...it`s called little people ;)
    Last edited by pickyeater; 08-13-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Lawl.

Comment

• It makes me wonder if RTDs have A checksum of sort....
        The offset pointer scheme is tricky as hell, but no, there's no cheksum used with RDTs.

Also, you may be interested that I released a new version of RDTool for BioHazard 2 that is compatible with just about all RDTs:

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
          The offset pointer scheme is tricky as hell, but no, there's no cheksum used with RDTs.

Also, you may be interested that I released a new version of RDTool for BioHazard 2 that is compatible with just about all RDTs:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Resident_...?showtopic=214
          I could never get it to workit just fail and crash when tried to it start up.

much like kevstah2004 I get this.

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
          AppName: rdtool.exe
          AppVer: 3.0.0.0
          ModName: msvcr90.dll
          ModVer: 9.0.21022.8
          Offset: 0002fdb5
          Last edited by pickyeater; 08-13-2009, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• I have yet to understand about RDTs...That and replacing sound effects with the RE1.5 sound effects I downloaded from Bioflames.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPD490 View Post
              I have yet to understand about RDTs...That and replacing sound effects with the RE1.5 sound effects I downloaded from Bioflames.
              Sound effects that I know of are not in RDT files

they exist as sound samples,I think in the sound folder as well as the Seqences for the music.

Comment

• I have the Nova Program that extracts the SAP files to WAV, but I dun know how to switch them with the 1.5 ones.

Comment

• it just fail and crash when tried to it start up.
                  RDTool is a command-line application; search Google to learn how to operate command-line applications. ;)

The Run line in the Windows Start menu can be used to speed up access to a whole variety of functions. Some examples of the shortcuts that are available are discussed.

I have yet to understand about RDTs...
                  A RDT file is an uncompressed file archive that uses very tricky pointer schematic. There's really nothing more to it... the files inside of a RDT are a different story, however.

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

RDTool is a command-line application; search Google to learn how to operate command-line applications. ;)

http://commandwindows.com/runline.htm
                    I know that. But....much like kevstah2004 I get this.

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                    AppName: rdtool.exe
                    AppVer: 3.0.0.0
                    ModName: msvcr90.dll
                    ModVer: 9.0.21022.8
                    Offset: 0002fdb5
                    Originally posted by RPD490 View Post
                    I have the Nova Program that extracts the SAP files to WAV, but I dun know how to switch them with the 1.5 ones.
                    I really dont know what to say.I havent used SAP for A long time,though I saved A guide on how to do it,just let me find it
                    Last edited by pickyeater; 08-13-2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Well I got RDTool to work, but I got something that says, "Invalid amount of Arguments" and the version of RDTool is the V3. What do I do?

Comment

• Well I got RDTool to work, but I got something that says, "Invalid amount of Arguments" and the version of RDTool is the V3. What do I do?
                        You recievedan invalid argument error because you didn't specify a RDT file and option. For example, if I wanted to extract all the files from ROOM1000.RDT, I would type this:

RDTool ROOM1000.RDT -e

To repack the contents into a new, modified RDT, I would have to type this:

RDTool ROOM1000.RDR -r

@pickyeater: kevstah's problem is the same as mentioned above ^ - he wasn't using an argument variable. He realizedthis and his problem was solved on this page:

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Thanks a bunch!

Comment

• Ok I extracted the contents from ROOM1000.RDT and I got a CAMERA Folder, Effects, Object and two Script folders, SCRIPT_01 and SCRIPT_02 and files that end in BLK, CAM, ESD, ESP, FLR, LIT, MSG_J and MSG_P, PIX, RVD, SCA, SND and VH and VB. Now the main question....what do I do with them now?

Comment

• This came to my attention (Sorry for TRIPLE post)
                              Last edited by RPD490; 08-13-2009, 09:42 PM.

Comment

You recievedan invalid argument error because you didn't specify a RDT file and option. For example, if I wanted to extract all the files from ROOM1000.RDT, I would type this:

RDTool ROOM1000.RDT -e

To repack the contents into a new, modified RDT, I would have to type this:

RDTool ROOM1000.RDR -r

@pickyeater: kevstah's problem is the same as mentioned above ^ - he wasn't using an argument variable. He realizedthis and his problem was solved on this page:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Resident_...opic=214&st=15
                                I dont get it,do you mean command prompt? because Used RDTool with it and it says it does not exist or Another program is using it.
                                Originally posted by RPD490 View Post
                                I have the Nova Program that extracts the SAP files to WAV, but I dun know how to switch them with the 1.5 ones.
                                Here RPD490:

This was taken from Regenewiki.
                                Originally posted by Regenewiki View Post
                                How to change sound files in RE2 when there's more than one WAV in a SAP file

Go into your windows explorer or whatever file browser you use.

Use novasoft extractor to extract the SAP file you want to modify.

For instance, if you want to modify Leon's damage sounds, right click on Core00 in the sounds folder and click "scan with extractor." This will bring up a list of the wav files contained in the sap file.

Now, to overwrite a file, you go to "functions" and click "import file," then choose the wav file you want to use to replace that file. The wav file you're going to be replacing is probably a different size than the one you're using, so when it asks you if you want to keep the file the same size, click "NO!"

now here's where it gets messy. in SAP files that only have one file, it's easy. after you click "no," you highlight the file that you've just finished overwriting and click "properties" and just hit "max" next to the "file size" dialogue box.

In SAP files that have MORE than one file, though, things get very complicated, because overwriting a file replaces all the rest of the data beyond it. you'd be able to change Leon's death moan (Core00 0004.wav) without much muss, but if you want to change anything before that (the three other files), you'll end up replacing all the data beyond them when you overwrite the first one.

HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS:
                                the important thing here is to make sure you're telling the program the proper file size and POSITION.

So here's what you do.
                                Get out a calculator, and open a second instance of your file browser for convenience's sake. Get the file size of the file you're using to REPLACE the original. Now, replace the files from top to bottom. In other words, you MUST replace Core00 0001, then Core00 0002, then Core00 0003, then Core00 0004. If you do it another way it'll probably screw up.

Starting with the top file, do function-->import file and replace it with the wav you want to use, remembering to say "NO" to the dialogue box that asks you if you want to keep the files the same size. Now that it's replaced, it's time to do some math to tell the program where to put the file in the file position.

Remember how I told you to get the file size of the WAV you're using to replace the original? Highlight the replaced file (let's assume it's Core00 0001), and click on properties. FOR THE FIRST FILE IN THE SAP FILE, THE POSITION IS ALWAYS 8. It's already going to be at 8, so you don't have to do anything there. Now, tell the program what size the new file is. Type it out in bytes in the File Size dialogue box.

Okay, now you have to fix the position of the next file so that the program knows where to look to find it. If RE2 thinks that Core00 0002 is at its original it's gonna be looking for it WITHIN the new Core00 0001, assuming that the first file is big enough to go past it. So how do you do that? This is why you need the calculator. It's easy enough for going between the first file and the second. Simply ADD 8 (the position number) TO THE FILE SIZE OF THE FIRST FILE IN ORDER TO GET THE POSITION FOR FILE NO. 2. Now highlight file 2 and go to properties and plug in the new position into the dialogue box.

When you replace File 2 with a new wav, add the position number to the file size in order to get the position number for file 3 and change that. Do the same for File 4.

In short, here's the process:

File 1:
                                functions-->import file-->properties-->change file size to new file size.

File 2:

STEP 1) add position number of file 1 (always 8 ) to the new file size of file 1. This will be File 2's new position number. Properties-->change position number to NEW position number.

STEP 2) functions-->import file-->properties-->change file size to new file size-->add NEW position number gotten in STEP 1 to new file size. This will be File 3's new position number.

File 3:

change position number, import file, change file size, add position number to file size to get position number for file 4.

File 4:

change position number, change file size.

If this worked, you'll be able to hear the new sounds without any problem when you click "show" in novasoft extractor. Otherwise, they'll come up as weird text.

Using this method and the sound files from RE1 I created a Rebecca soundset which I'll upload in a minute. It's a little different from the one I posted in the other Mods thread because I've been tweaking it a little.

If you want to check it out, simply copy the files in the zip into your RE2 common/sounds/core folder and rename the damage set to Core00 for Leon or Core01 for Claire; and the death scream to Core32 for Leon or Core33 for Claire.

Comment

Working...
                                X