No announcement yet.

Dino Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said before sometime, dinosaurs aren't scary unless they exist in real life next to you.. they're just too imaginary for us to picture vividly like zombies etc.. the first Dino Crisis wasn't bad, rough around the edges.. nothing spectacular.. second one was too off the charts, same with the space one.. that leaves only the gun game? Just like Gun Survivor I guess, never played it though...

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
      As I said before sometime, dinosaurs aren't scary unless they exist in real life next to you.. they're just too imaginary for us to picture vividly like zombies etc.. the first Dino Crisis wasn't bad, rough around the edges.. nothing spectacular.. second one was too off the charts, same with the space one.. that leaves only the gun game? Just like Gun Survivor I guess, never played it though...
      You mean something like Dead Space? Without the "space" part (DC3, I'm looking at you).
      Fission mailed.

Comment

Mmm, Dead Space is similar to zombies - we can imagine a virus being controlled by a hive mind mutating people's corpses, because we see all three things in the world around us today. Not at the same time, obviously, but it's not a big jump to imagine. Dinosaurs are almost dragon-like - so old, with only ancient bones as evidence they were ever there.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          Mmm, Dead Space is similar to zombies - we can imagine a virus being controlled by a hive mind mutating people's corpses, because we see all three things in the world around us today. Not at the same time, obviously, but it's not a big jump to imagine. Dinosaurs are almost dragon-like - so old, with only ancient bones as evidence they were ever there.
          Just wait until we can resurrect dinosaurs and create a real life Jurassic Park. It'll happen, you'll see.
          Fission mailed.

Comment

word or maybe a computer will make dinosaurs to keep our dna alive.

Comment

Terribly sad because Dino Crisis was like Jurassic park but way more bad ass. Had a decent story.

People tend to forget that Dino Stalker was part of the Dino Crisis series and it stays more true to the series then that P.O.S. game dino crisis 3... god I hate that it even has the same name lol.

I love dino crisis. I wish they would have continued the series. Hell they could make it in the Resident Evil style and I would be tits up for the game. It would work so well with the dynamics of the Re4/Re5 engine.

Comment

Has anyone played that new(ish) Turok game or, what was it called again, something Jurassic?

Ah, right. Jurassic: The Hunted.

There are a few dinosaur + guns game combos out there but they tend to bomb horribly. I've played the Turok game (the demo admittedly), but I didn't find it too engrossing. That's what I've found to happen with alot of games that involved dinosaurs. The first Dino Crisis did it right. The second was all about action and I was looking for more survival horror. I have the 3rd and Gun Survivor game and beat the gun survivor, but DC3 I still haven't gotten a chance to play (My X-Box died on me early on so I was primarily a GC and PS2 gamer for a long while). I was really surprised Capcom didn't patch it so you could play it on the 360. I guess they gave up on it.

Jurassic: The Hunted looks interesting but it looks like a combo between like Gun Survivor 3 and Turok.

There's also Jurassic Park game coming out (made by the same people who made the CSI games, take that however you will). It kind of looks like Heavy Rain, except with dinosaurs

This topic reminds me of the Nintendo vs Mature games argument. If people would buy more mature rated games for Nintendo consoles, then perhaps more games would be made. I guess the same could be said about Dinosaur games. Capcom is looking at it from a sales standpoint, and the bottom line is that they don't sell well.
                Attached Files

Comment

I've played and completed Dino Crisis, enjoyed it very much. Should play through it again some day. For some reason I find it scarier than Resident Evil, simply because dinosaurs are faster and stronger than any zombie. I like Regina too, she reminds me of Jill but more colourful in her personality. Always found Jill to be rather bland and stoic, too focused on her mission and her duty. Regina's more of a free spirit, not afraid to make a joke in dangerous situations. Yet to play Dino Crisis 2, I'll give it a shot at some point if I can track down a copy.

Also, Gail is a god damn badass.
                  Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 10-28-2011, 10:53 AM.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

As the others have said, theres no real need at this point. I do hope the franchise is remade because I liked the first two games a lot.

Comment

<3 Regina
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                      X