Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not coming here like some smartass (at least that was not my intention) but take a look at this, I see that the "move selection" button is B in the video and that it's Y on the topic, but that could be fixed by replacing some textures.

This is just a theory.

Comment

• Nope that's not it. It's probably not a pc mod.

Comment

• Originally posted by GalacticAE View Post
        Nope that's not it. It's probably not a pc mod.
        Hehe ok, it was really just an idea, as I haven't ever played RE4 .

Comment

• Great idea although it did fail XD. Apparently the lighting is horrible in the PC version...

Comment

• Actually, it got fixed in patch 1.1 (which is the only patch) You can see how much it affected the graphics here

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobelvago View Post
              Great idea although it did fail XD. Apparently the lighting is horrible in the PC version...
              It always suprises me just how many people are unaware how great the PC version now looks since the v1.1 patch.

Your truly missing a hidden gem. It's miles better than the PS2 version, especially when you figure in all the lovely user made mods and such

That youtube vid really doesn't show the true extent of how good the game can now look.

Comment

• Originally posted by en masse murder View Post
                It always suprises me just how many people are unaware how great the PC version now looks since the v1.1 patch.

Your truly missing a hidden gem. It's miles better than the PS2 version, especially when you figure in all the lovely user made mods and such

That youtube vid really doesn't show the true extent of how good the game can now look.
                True, but I don't think there's a mod or patch right now that allows visuals that are on par with the GC/Wii.

Comment

• I have played the PC version, I just can't work with the controls :/ feels awkward.

Comment

• Originally posted by GalacticAE View Post
                    True, but I don't think there's a mod or patch right now that allows visuals that are on par with the GC/Wii.
                    So very true sadly I doubt there ever will be, as talented as the modders are.

Higher res display, but no bump maps. reflections or truly dynamic lighting.

Hey, Bobelvago. You can use PS2 Xbox, Xbox360 pad (or virtually any other pad) on the PC, and configure the controls to yor hearts content. Awkwardness of the controls is basically dependent on your control device, not the game. It's a pity the Mouse Aim mod is a bit twitchy.
                    Last edited by en masse murder; 03-29-2008, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vutnock View Post
                      Actually, it got fixed in patch 1.1 (which is the only patch) You can see how much it affected the graphics here
                      Mine still looks like shit but that's because I don't have pixel shader 2 on my lowly graphics card.

Re4 Ps 2.0 Bloom Mod, real bloom. - No use to me the highest pixel shader I have is 1.4 so I can't use this mod :-(

I don't know the difference between these two.
                      Resident Evil 4 Texture Patch v2.0, This is the real ultimate texture patch!

Enhanced Environment 1.5, RE4 texture improvement
                      Last edited by kevstah2004; 03-29-2008, 09:37 PM.
                      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                        Mine still looks like shit but that's because I don't have pixel shader 2 on my lowly graphics card.

Re4 Ps 2.0 Bloom Mod, real bloom. - No use to me the highest pixel shader I have is 1.4 so I can't use this mod :-(

I don't know the difference between these two.
                        Resident Evil 4 Texture Patch v2.0, This is the real ultimate texture patch!

Enhanced Environment 1.5, RE4 texture improvement
                        http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_...showtopic=2172
                        Albert's Resident Evil 4 Texture Patch v2.0 is the one to get for definite. Next to the v1.1 update patch, it's the single most dramatic modification of the game. Enhanced Environment 1.5 is just the same textures, only the textures have had the colour adjusted/sharpened. I prefer Alber's original.

The Bloom mod is actually faked HDR, but it works well. Makes the game a little to dark in places, but better than the sepia look it has without it.
                        Last edited by en masse murder; 03-29-2008, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Second video is in Its download now!

Comment

• Awesome! The new title screen looks amazing And I now know why its called Classic Edition He says you have the option of playing through Leon's Campaign (main story) with classic camera angles like in previous RE games. I wonder if I can lay claim to the idea from my hacking vids haha. But then again, they did have them in the Japanese version fro that short segment with Ashley.

I'll have some pics up soon, watching it again
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-30-2008, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• If it is all a prank, that's a very cruel thing to throw out there! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                                Awesome! The new title screen looks amazing And I now know why its called Classic Edition He says you have the option of playing through Leon's Campaign (main story) with classic camera angles like in previous RE games. I wonder if I can lay claim to the idea from my hacking vids haha. But then again, they did have them in the Japanese version fro that short segment with Ashley.

I'll have some pics up soon, watching it again
                                Nice that you aint forced to play with the "classic" camera angles, to me, that's what's attractive to RE4 and RE5, that you play 3rd person. Yeah, I think it looks great in the old games, but this is next-gen .

Comment

Working...
                                X