Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-J
    replied
    oh yeah, this is gonna be so awesome. Resi 5, please rock my socks.

Leave a comment:

• Darkmoon
    replied
    I didn't mind RE4. It's a good game. But it's not scary. It was barely Resident Evil, and that was purely because of Leon, Ada and Wesker. With different names and faces on the main cast it wouldn't have been RE at all.

There were two scary moments...the Regenerators and the guy in the oven and that was it. There were tense moments, when you were surrounded, but they weren't scary.

Leave a comment:

• Petronio
    replied
    Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    What kind of games do you guys all play? Any action games that you like? I mean, do you dislike the game just because it has the Resident Evil name on it, but otherwise enjoy the gameplay?
    Well. I like all the fps. Doom, Half Life, Prey, Fear, eecc ecc.
    Also like metroid.

now I'm playing no more heroes. Bu i loved Deus ex, Mafia, Blood Omen 2, Soul reaver 1-2, legacy of kain ecc ecc.

Yes. I don't like the fact that RE has become an action games. I like very much the games.

Leave a comment:

• TheSelfishGene
    replied
    Some of these unconfirmed announced changes upset me. But I'm at least going to reserve my judgement with respect to abandoning the series until I have at least played the game.

Leave a comment:

• biohazardmike
    replied
    I firmly believe sth shouldn't go beyond the bottom line,
    that we don't need to hear that you don't like RE4 or just give up buying another disk
    That sucks!

Leave a comment:

• Darkmoon
    replied
    In my case? I like action games, such as Dead Rising, BioShock, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War...but I didn't start playing RE to shoot the crap out of things but to have it scared out of me, and RE4 didn't do that because there was too much gunplay.

Leave a comment:

• Petronio
    replied
    Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
    Well... As i said, RE4 is still a survivor but it is a survivor action. And in RE 1 Chris stabed zombies with a dagger in their head's and put a grenades in their mouth.
    And they are no zombies in RE5 aswell.So why dont you punch your enemy when you have a chance.
    Re4 isn a survival action. Is action. Too many bullets, to many kicks...

You can say it is a horror action... but not so horror...

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    What kind of games do you guys all play? Any action games that you like? I mean, do you dislike the game just because it has the Resident Evil name on it, but otherwise enjoy the gameplay?

Leave a comment:

• Darkmoon
    replied
    I'm going to. But I'm expecting more action and no puzzles, or fear, and if that's what I get then this is the last RE I plan to buy on release.

The room things sounds cool, Dot, but I'll still probably be aiming a shotgun and looking for enemies when I walk in...because if the game attacks you while you can't see that's gonna be cheap as hell. So I expect they'll hang back a moment before attacking. And it's still a case of, 'Which enemies are here and how many?' rather than, 'What's here? Zombie? Booss fight? Puzzle? Save point?'

Leave a comment:

• Nomad9026
    replied
    Originally posted by Petronio View Post
    Do you think it's a normal evolution? From survival to action?

In RE1 Chris and Jill were well trained agents, not prepared for the nightmare of Spencer's mansion (remeber Rebecca's words in the bravo's chopper). In reuc, chapter Russia, jill and Chris were well trained agents too. But Chris and leon in RE4/5 seem more than well trained agents.

Chris in RE1 didn't touch zombies, in RE5 he punches his opponents...
    Well... As i said, RE4 is still a survivor but it is a survivor action. And in RE 1 Chris stabed zombies with a dagger in their head's and put a grenades in their mouth.
    And they are no zombies in RE5 aswell.So why dont you punch your enemy when you have a chance.
    Last edited by Nomad9026; 05-23-2008, 08:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• biohazardmike
    replied
    Well the best solution to your argument is : Have a sound sleep and try it(the game) before coming up with any personal judgment.

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    Darkmoon, RE5 has an element that might be like that. When entering a house after being out in the light, your eyes take a moment to adjust. It might help increase the tension. For me the old series has been fear of the unknown. That sort of got stale to be honest. It wasn't really about fear anymore by the time Zero hit.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-23-2008, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Darkmoon
    replied
    Wesker's good...but honestly the RE storyline isn't important. I do like it, as it ties together the experience, but what I want is, 'Aw shit, I'm afraid to enter this room...I dunno if it's gonna be safe, or have five zombies, or what.' Re4 was, 'Hmmm, new area, how big a gun should I use to fight them?'

Wesker's not dying until the last game. He was brought back to life for no good reason, and he's been made into a Mary Sue character because people like him.

Honestly, I can get my fill of shooting crap on any number of game series. With RE I want fear, and I want it beyond, 'Oh noes, lots of people are running at me, allow to kill them all.'

Leave a comment:

• Petronio
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    I think that's the main reason RE4 disapointed me and RE5 looks set to do the same. We know it's perfectly possible to make a game that has the far superior RE4 control system with the horror of the older games. It would be so very easy to do it as well. Sure, have plenty of enemies...but space it out. And have some puzzles beyond, 'Hunt the key,'. RE4 was easiest the dumbest RE game.

The suggestion that Re5 will be less linear is a good start, but they need to cut down on cannon fodder enemies and have something that makes you afraid. Granado's weren't scary, even though they were as tough as zombies and smarter. Zombies were scary. The idea that even in death your body could be reanimated into a monster that would turn on your loved ones is much scarier than a bug in the brain.

If they given it some good puzzles, made the scenes where you fight off huge numbers of enemies into something unusual rather than the norm and make these new enemies more terrifying than Granados then it could still work out. But, let's face it, that ain't happening. It's Granado's Mk II with as much violence and as little thinking as they can cram in, from everything we've seen.

If I want scary I'd play an old game, or Siren, or Silent Hill. If I want action I'll play BioShock. I don't see the point in turning RE into another action game in a geeneration of games flooded by action games, while cutting down both the fear and the puzzles, then sodding the story over.

I'm not so bothered by the online mode, though. If you don't like it...don't play it. I won't.
    Completely agree, except for online. My fear is that having a real person who controsl the secondary character could change your experience.

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    Don't you guys think Resident Evil 4's backlash was a bit strengthened by its lack of ties to the series? About the only thing that did tie it were the characters, and even that was very loose.

Resident Evil 5 seems set to change that a bit. We'll likely be going up against Wesker this time. Doesn't that appeal to you guys? At least IMO It seems good. Finally a resolution to Code: Veronica but at the same time Weskers character has changed quite a bit. He seems to have been made into a Neo reject to appease the "new" fanbase. I'd love to see him out of the picture, but I doubt Capcom would do it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X