No announcement yet.

IGN Interviews Masachika Kawata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still nervous, honestly. So far we've got one guy saying these things and one of the many lessons I've learned is this: never believe what you're told, believe what you see. So far all I've seen is guns, guns and more guns.

This sounds great, but until I actually see some of it then I'm gonna assume it's gonna be the same stupid enemies and the same lack of scary and puzzles. Now I simply have a great deal more hope that it isn't all that'll be there.

Comment

Great news, is it just me or does RE5 gets better and better. Who knows,maybe this game will be good enough that even hardcore fans would poot it in one line with the first RE games.
      Last edited by Nomad9026; 08-25-2008, 03:31 AM.
      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

awww,i don't want it toned down here is AUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
          Great news, is it just me or does RE5 gets better and better. Who knows,maybe this game will be good enough that even hardcore fans would poot it in one line with the first RE games.
          Unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
            That is LAUGHABLE! No, it won't be as good as Biohazard 1. Sorry, not now, not ever. And no it doesn't sound like RE5 is getting better and better, at least not to me. The more they reveal, the more I think it looks and sounds like crap. However, the RE4 audience of casual gamers who thought the Biohazard series started with RE4 and thought everything before it was crap, it's sure to please them. Regardless, it's just my opinion here but that's what is significant enough, I wouldn't want you to share my convictions on this and my views on this because there has to be something that seperates you from me, and makes me, me, and you, you. So enjoy this cataclysmic failure that has no place being called the successor to Biohazard 1.

Comment

Well, it certainly won't be as good as the early RE's. The plot alone is probably gonna make me wanna weep. On the other hand it looks to be an improvement over RE4. At this point that's really all I can ask for.

The new style is likely here to stay, but with any luck more elements that made the series good in the first place will be brought back into play as the series progresses.

Personally, I'd prefer it if the series finished and a new series in the same vein, maybe even set in the same universe, but with the Umbrella story wrapped up. It's certainly how RE4 felt. They're stretching the story too thin now.

But to each there own, politely put, opinions.

Politely put being the key phrase there.

Comment

I was excited about RE5 from day one when the first teaser was released. I knew it was Chris the second I saw the new main character, and yet I couldn't suade the people that thought it was Billy (wtf?).

Anyway, this game better be good, I bought and Xbox 360 Elite on craigslist for this shit. Well, not just RE5, I am enjoying Assassin's Creed at the moment.

Comment

I still dont understand how some people can say this game is utter crap? I doubt the series will ever go back to the way it was, so people just need to get used to it because its never gonna happen. If resident evil kept going like the first 3, the series wouldn't have survived. I dont mean to sound rude but its the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                    I still dont understand how some people can say this game is utter crap? I doubt the series will ever go back to the way it was, so people just need to get used to it because its never gonna happen. If resident evil kept going like the first 3, the series wouldn't have survived. I dont mean to sound rude but its the truth.
                    Your 100% right, you mean the first 5 (Zero and CV ), I just don't get it: why don't trust on the RE5 team???, they realized RE4 was in a way good and in most of it bad, so, they kept the good part and replaced the bad parts with new stuff (bringing back horror and puzzles).

Comment

I agree, I dont know how many times they've said their bringing back the horror from the old games, and people still say it looks like crap.

Comment

They can say the horror's back until they're blue in the face. I won't believe it until I see it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                          There's a very simple reason why people dislike RE4. Lots of us, myself included, got involved in Resident Evil and found three elements especially fun. One was the horror. One was the exploration. And one was the puzzles. The story was also interesting, in a B-Movie kinda way.

So...RE4 comes along and what does it have? Guns. Shooting. Killing. What does it lack? Horror. Exploration. Puzzles. Huh.

In other words the series had changed focus. Not changed style, at least not entirely, but changed the focus away from the elements we enjoyed and changed itself into, simply put, yet another action game. It can call itself surivival action all it wants.

Not only that, but the much touted new enemies are dimmer than a smashed light bulb. Yes, they can manage to push a ladder upright and drive a truck, but somehow the basic theory of not standing there to be shot escapes them. And the storyline? Pathetic.

So it's only recently, with the suggestion of horror and puzzles returning, that I've gotten any interest for RE5. As it was I was planning on waiting for a second hand copy to appear. Now I might even buy it new. But it's low down on my list of games to buy, beaten out by Left 4 Dead, Silent Hill Homecomming and a few others.

Given that RE is my favourite series something doesn't seem to be quite right...

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                            They can say the horror's back until they're blue in the face. I won't believe it until I see it.
                            Simple words....but they ring with deep truth.

The death scenes...I'm hoping Sheva gets a few too since they have made her such a constant presence in the game.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Im just curious to know what you guys mean by horror, like what are you expecting this game to have that the older games had? Giant tarantulas....there is only so little they can do in the daylight.

Comment

Simply put, scares. Monsters themselves aren't scary when you're armed to the teeth and aware that, if the game throws one at you, you can take out a gunship. Monsters that ambush you by jumping outta windows, remain hidden behind corners where you run smack into them, play dead and hunt you throughout the game are.

Limiting the guns also helps. In RE4 you were usually so overloaded with guns it wasn't funny. In the other RE games that happened towards the end...if you played well and conserved ammo.

And, for that matter, the enemies. Having to fight through every scene makes it repetative and, really, not scary.

In other words...an atmosphere where you're nervous about opening a door because you don't know what might be waiting to kill you, rather than one where you know if this gun isn't big enough you'll have one that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X