No announcement yet.

IGN Interviews Masachika Kawata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand what your saying, what im trying to say is the series was getting really old going the same route, Resident Evil 0 is a good example of how the series was starting to lose its touch. If it wasnt for Resident Evil 4, the series would not have got so much attention. Resident Evil 4 won game of the year, some considered it the best game of all time. Resident Evil 4 was not a bad game, it was a change. Besides I dont think Capcom really cares much that some people want the series to go back the way it was. Its like this, 13 people on one side say to change the game back to the way it was, while the hundreds of other people on the other side say to leave it, Capcom wants the side with more money. And like I said, Resident Evil 4 did get alot of attention from gamers who were not even fans of the older games. I think the closest we are gonna get to seeing a more classic RE game in the future is if they were to remake 2 or 3.

Comment

I completely agree, Resident Evil did need a revamp.

I simply ask the question: did they have to remove everything Resident Evil to do so? Did they have to take away the scares, puzzles and exploration to make the game new and interesting? The answer, when you look at the RE3.5 videos, is a resounding no. And that one, for my money, was far more radical than RE4 ended up being.

Yeah, Resident Evil 4 won game of the year, and yes, it was an excellent game. But it wasn't a good RE...and it could have been. There's no reason the control scheme wouldn't work with a more horror orientated game. Instead it was decided, since every game seems to be going action, that they would too and I, personally, think it's an error to focus more on the shooting than the other elements, especially in todays markets which are flooded with action games...but very few horror ones.

I don't think it'll ever go back to the old style, and truth be told I don't want it too. What I do want is the factors that made the game great in the first place, and since those don't clash with the new style I don't see why it's impossible. Indeed, the creators themselves seem to know they're lacking and have talked about bringing two of them back, horror and puzzles.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
        Simple words....but they ring with deep truth.

The death scenes...I'm hoping Sheva gets a few too since they have made her such a constant presence in the game.
        Indeed. I'm hoping that too
        I don't know... it's been pretty hard to me to get over new RE style. I LOVE REmake's atmosphere of tension and horror... i wish they would make another RE like this one, RE0 was okay but the story/plot was unnecessary but at the same time... out of focus.

Comment

Working...
        X