EGM Article Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGM Article Summary

Unfortunately, I can't post scans, but thanks to Archelon, he's provided us with the entire article. I managed to read through it, though there isn't much new information when compared to the Games TM article. I've created a summary below:
    • RE5 features a more powerful strain of the Las Plagas, which has found its way to Africa (EGM Speculation?)
    • The saving system is split up into checkpoints and chapters
    • Checkpoints will occur at key sections in a Chapter. If a player dies, they will be thrown back to that Checkpoint
    • At the end of a Chapter, your game will save
    • Sheva is introduced in the first 30 minutes of the game
    • The first stage is called "Assembly Place" (presumably a meeting ground)
    • There is no friendly fire in the game
    • As shown in the screenshots posted earlier, an optional mini-map is accessible during gameplay
    • When playing alone, you are always in control of Chris
    • Resident Evil 5 will be shorter than Resident Evil 4, which the team felt was too long
    • Takeuchi hints that we've already seen all the returning characters, and no other ones will be in the game
    • Takeuchi wants to include Akuma as a playable character in the Mercenaries mini-game (referencing an old EGM april fools joke for RE2)
    • Tofu (RE2) was created for collision detection. Since the team had been using him for several years, they decided to keep him in the game as a playable character
    • Takeuchi thinks that the combination of guns in RE2 was the best in the series
    • Takeuchi's favorite thing about Resident Evil is Shinji Mikami, who's hard work allowed the series to continue

Thanks to Archelon!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-03-2008, 10:24 PM.

What the hell? Resident Evil 4 wasn't too long! I can't believe RE5 will be a shorter game.

Comment

Yeah, that was very disappointing to read. I liked how RE4 was really long.

Comment

EDIT: I'm taking them down just to be safe. Don't want to risk anyone getting in trouble.
        Last edited by Archelon; 10-03-2008, 10:35 PM.

Comment

well they'd better make up for it by adding a lot of replayability, multiple endings perhaps ?

^ 404.
          Last edited by A-J; 10-03-2008, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Archelon, NONE of the links gave me any picture. NONE.

RE5 features a more powerful strain of the Las Plagas, which has found its way to Africa

Bullshit. Takeuchi already confirmed RE5 has nothing to do with RE4 story-wise.

EGM editors are so lame.

Comment

What the? They were working just a minute ago.

Edit:

How about now?
              Last edited by Archelon; 10-03-2008, 10:27 PM.

Comment

imageshack probably removed them due to copyright infringment , host 'em on tinypic, or just make a zip of the files and put it on a file sharing host

i assume its the egm scans in the pictures.

Comment

Yeah disappointing...RE4 wasn't too long. If anyone did feel it was too long they could just play in chunks. This really baffles me...maybe time constraints?? Takeuchi has mentioned he is scared of the deadline. Hopefully they have other ways to increase the replay value after Chris's scenario is finished. I'm hoping for at least one complete side scenario...I really miss the extra scenarios that were featured in RE1/2.

Comment

No, you need to go to edit your post and THEN copy the url. Otherwise you get the "summary" which cuts off some bits of the url. Take look, some bits are "..." ;)

Comment

yay, its working now

*isn't that illegal though ? (

Comment

Wait. Archelon, what did you post? What was in the pics?

And Dot50Cal; can you tell me something? Do you recieve my PMs?
                        I've been PMing you updates for a week; but nothing. I was thinking MY PM sys might be messing up.
                        Last edited by ElusionM; 10-03-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I posted scans of the EGM article. I had uploaded them to ImageShack, but I took them down just to be safe. I don't want anyone getting into any kind of trouble on my account.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            Takeuchi hints that we've already seen all the returning characters, and no other ones will be in the game
                            Did they already confirm Sherry?

Comment

Were they new scans?
                              Can you please re-up them? To Photobucket at least?

Comment

Working...
                              X