EGM Article Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
    I'm just beggin that they mention her during a dialog or at least getting a file which explains her whereabouts...
    During the Captivate trailer Chris mentions that he had a female partner before Sheva - so there you go, Chris mentions Jill
    sigpic

Comment

what you didn't hear was how jill died off screen and is never to be mentioned in the RE universe ever again

Comment

Originally posted by Petronio View Post
        Mmmm... I don't think they referred to Wesker, since the only images we have by now show him "normal". I think nobody had difficulties recognising wesker .

Regarding Birdwoman, I think it's Sherry (a character kidnapped and never rescued), since is also an ally of Wesker.

Regarding Jill... Maybe in flashback. Maybe she won't appear. And this is ridiculous... Fans would prefer a Jill/Chris rather than Chris/Leon. Bt, you know, Jill can't be the main character of a new RE, she doesn't have a ton of muscles...
        I think Sherry is the young blonde girl (in the red dress) who has barely been seen. The masked woman has to be the "returning character" whose identity is disguised from fans who would recognize her. I still believe it is Jill, as that way Capcom can shoehorn her into the story. Jill & Chris' lives are pretty intertwined...

...but, why would Jill be working with TriCell (unless she is undercover)? *That doesn't seem her style. Has Jill been captured by Wesker and brainwashed? *Too cliche (so maybe yes). Mystery Woman appears to be with Excella and the Firearms Dealer...so is she working both sides? (Or...is the young man actually not the Merchant-type character...was that from those false rumors...I can't remember). Mystery Woman's jaw outline, lips, and nose do not resemble Ada's. Same for skin color. They are very reminiscent of Jill's REmake+ character model. Then again, the Mystery Woman and the blonde in the red dress could be one and the same, as one of the THIA staff members, awhile back, proved with some nifty computer-aided manipulation of screencaps of their faces overlapping ...

As for Jill being in her own RE (RE6 perhaps), I think it is completely possible. Chris has 'roided up to face his bete noir, so not every lead character has to be huge. But RE6 can be just like RE4. Jill is similar to RE4 Ada or RE4 Leon as a hero character: both agile AND feminine.

The flashbacks everyone keeps referring to (and hoping for) seem to be very likely. Petronio said it best when speaking of how important Chris' past is to the game. The developers keep stressing that the past 10 years of Chris' life will be key to the RE5 story. Whether that is conveyed through cutscenes, playable flashbacks (100% doubt it...unless the 2nd player takes control of Chris' partner...okay 99.5% doubt it), or files (a true cop out) - those 10 years have to be more than the thorough *sarcasm* exploration of Leon's 5-year history in RE4.

And Jill Lover...you're being too paranoid. Of course Chris will mention Jill (and like aris said - she has already been mentioned - and that was in an old trailer, so that bodes well for further mention in the course of the game). RE1 is where it all started for Chris (and Jill). It's definitely the most important part of his 10-year past...

...so don't worry! She'll be shown.
        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-04-2008, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
          what you didn't hear was how jill died off screen and is never to be mentioned in the RE universe ever again
          . I hope this will never happen.

Comment

Haha A-J that wasn't funny if you ask me, ¬¬
            I think Capcom will never do such thing because they would lose a lot of fans and the most important thing for them, which is undoubtedly our money.

Thanks Jill's Boob, that gets my hopes up ^^
            So i hope everything that you've said so far becomes a reality cause your own vision of the things is the way i'd really like to see to happen in RE5. And most likely this could easily happen. I'll have my fingers crossed.
            Last edited by Jill Lover; 10-04-2008, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
              is the young man actually not the Merchant-type character...was that from those false rumors...I can't remember
              Yes, that info was from those false rumors.

Mystery Woman's jaw outline, lips, and nose do not resemble Ada's. Same for skin color. They are very reminiscent of Jill's REmake+ character model.
              Just because that woman's jaw outline and other features resemble those of Jill's doesn't mean anything. RE characters look different in every game they appear in (the only exception was Umbrella Chronicles because they just reused models from other games there). Just compare REmake Chris to RE5 one or, even better, RE4 Wesker and RE5 one.
              Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 10-04-2008, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I suppose. But RE5 Chris looks pretty much like an aged (and scruffier) version of REmake Chris. Their face models are VERY similar.

Even a complete novice, someone previously unfamiliar with any RE game, would be able to look at the above images and most likely be able to deduce that all 3 images are of the same character.

As for my (probably false) hope for the Mystery Woman to be Jill:

Well, that's piss poor, but the best I could do. I am not technologically savvy. At all.

The best thing to do, is to look at the REmake ending (Jill + Barry, no Chris). Jill's full profile is on display, before she says "He's alive. I just know."

Compare that profile to the profile of the Mystery Woman in the scene from the RE5 trailer where the camera slowly zoom in on her face (shown in the screencap above). When the camera gets closer to her, you can see her profile more closely.

Those two shots are what make me believe Jill is the Mystery Woman.

*And I am most likely wrong. But I can hope...
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-04-2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

that lower jaw reminds me of ada ..

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                    that lower jaw reminds me of ada ..
                    Maybe. But I think Ada's jaw rises much more sharply than the Mystery Woman's...

Comment

You're all wrong. The mystery woman is clearly Lily. =P

Comment

It can't be Ada, the masked woman skin tone is different from hers.
                        If I could only have a pic of the masked woman lips it would be a little bit easier to compare... That picture shown above it's not the best to compare with.
                        I hope Jill return, we don't know anything about the plot yet, but it's more likely that the mysterious woman is Ada or someone else, I don't see Jill being a mysterious person during the game but it would be a great surprise... You know... When Leon was confirmed for RE4 all fanboys were saying that Claire might have appeared during the game just because she was Leon's partner during RE2. Others stated that Ada would be more suitable just because their romantic relationship... Now I say that Jill must be mentioned or make a little cameo because i'm using that logic...

But this is other than wishful thinking.
                        Last edited by Jill Lover; 10-04-2008, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Why are people comparing jaw lines based on such a tiny space for comparison on the masked person? Do you think Capcom would really think "Yeah we've DEFINITELY got to make sure the chin is the same inch for inch".

It's just not worth over analysing these things. Anyone could find a picture of anyone on the internet and try to pass it off as the same person. How many different comparisons were there online before it was officially revealed to be Chris in RE5?

As for skin tones? Are you kidding? haha

Comment

Please allow us to make jaw lines and skin tones comparisons Big Stu, rolleyes...

Comment

I'm not stopping you am i? Seemed to me like i was asking a question.

Comment

I think that the masked women could be Ada. Maybe she is hiding her identity from Wesker? I still want to know what happened to the tube girl. I have a feeling it was scrapped but eitherway there are there 3 girls that have not been named yet- Birdmask woman, red dress woman and tube girl.

Comment

Working...
                                X