No announcement yet.

Mikami "I Probably Won't Play Biohazard 5"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't understand why people keep saying that RE5 is the same as RE4. Sure it may have some of the same elements, but from the looks of it, they have added a lot more things (ie Co-op mode, real time item slots, a better plot). I think simply saying 'RE5 is the same as RE4' really isn't giving RE5 it's dues.

This is my own opinion of course.
    Last edited by Vogue_Dirge; 11-28-2008, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
      i have no idea why, i think he is just having a cry cause he didn't make it, just like with all the other RE games he didn't make.
      link to where mikami is criticising the gameplay formula, please?

he could mean anything, like the example's i have given.

Comment

• Originally posted by For3nsic-Klown View Post
        THANK YOU, some common sense here...

IMO, he doesn't hate the formula, he probably talking about the destination, character creations, setting....look, etc. in NO part does he criticise the gameplay...which people are ASSUMING.
        why would he hate the destination? why would he hate the new characters? why would he hate the setting?

he never said any of those either, so your ASSUMING as well, but lets not start this again shall we.

Comment

• Originally posted by vogue_dirge View Post
          I really don't understand why people keep saying that RE5 is the same as RE4. Sure it may have some of the same elements, but from the looks of it, they have added a lot more things (ie Co-op mode, real time item slots, a better plot). I think simply saying 'RE5 is the same as RE4' really isn't giving RE5 it's dues.
          they are talking about gameplay and how its played, its pretty much the same..as it should be, its a squeal, derr!

co-op and the side stuff which has nothing to do with gameplay formula is irrelevant in such criticism.

Comment

they are talking about gameplay and how its played, its pretty much the same..as it should be, its a squeal, derr!

co-op and the side stuff which has nothing to do with gameplay formula is irrelevant in such criticism.
            wait you refered to the STORY as "SIDE STUFF"

Comment

• On the contrary, Co-Op has a large impact on gameplay. In RE4 where you had just the single player, in RE5 you have two people, which means you can get a lot more things done and it makes it a little easier I would think.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                why would he hate the destination? why would he hate the new characters? why would he hate the setting?

he never said any of those either, so your ASSUMING as well, but lets not start this again shall we.
                err, thats why i said, PROBABLY...i'm not passing it as some facts, like others....who get all defensive and need to bash the guy.

but to answer your question, chris looks different, his apart of a different mission and organisation, maybe Mikami-san had different ideas for him, same goes with the African location and this girl, sheva....looks to me he just didn't envision all that for an RE game.

like he said, 5 shouldn''t be different..so basically his saying he wants it like 4, so he isn't critisizing the gameplay..

helps to read PEOPLE!

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                wait you refered to the STORY as "SIDE STUFF"
                how does co-op..change the campaign, story..besides doing 2 players?

it can all be done in single player, its just an added person to do it with....how does co-op have anything to do with the gameplay formula of how the game is played?

co-op doesn't magically make chris do different things, does it?
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-28-2008, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• I'm sorry, I should have elaborated. I'm talking about Co-op in the sense that someone else (a real person) is playing with you. Have a human-being, not an AI character with you can change how you play the game.

Comment

I'm sorry, I should have elaborated. I'm talking about Co-op in the sense that someone else (a real person) is playing with you. Have a human-being, not an AI character with you can change how you play the game.
                    Fair enough, but that PERSON, does the same things that 1 person can do in single player campaign, I'm saying Co-op isn't a factor of the game being different CORE wise to RE4, its just a side thing to do with friends, because its still the same, co-op has no extra scenes, guns, enemies etc...is what I'm saying.

but whatever.

Comment

• Well, he could have been sarcastic.

"If I see anything in Resident Evil 5 that isn't done well, I'll be angry!"

That part sounds like he's joking.

Comment

• Sour grapes.

Comment

Fair enough, but that PERSON, does the same things that 1 person can do in single player campaign, I'm saying Co-op isn't a factor of the game being different CORE wise to RE4, its just a side thing to do with friends, because its still the same, co-op has no extra scenes, guns, enemies etc...is what I'm saying.

but whatever.
                          Well we don't know that for-sure yet. There could be some added on things for people playing co-op. You never really know what Capcom might throw at us these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by sogar View Post
                            Well, he could have been sarcastic.

"If I see anything in Resident Evil 5 that isn't done well, I'll be angry!"

That part sounds like he's joking.
                            How so?

He made RE4 so well, IMO...from every area, he's pretty passionate about it, especially since RE4 was so well praised...he has it figured out, but for obvious reasons didn't become part of the dev for RE5. Don't forget this guys been around since the beginning of RE. He has is own vision for where it should go...just a shame he didn't become part of it..

what really shit me was that the current RE5 dev team, even said they felt LOST without Shinji, so its why they stuck close to re4 in a lot of ways.

hearing that made me worry...but so far, the game looks outstanding.

so wait and see.

Can the Jill loving person kindly post me a link to Mikami not wanting to make the classic RE titles?
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-28-2008, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• ^ I agree. I'm quite excited for RE5
                              :]

Comment

^ I agree. I'm quite excited for RE5
                                :]
                                just hope the game doesn't get to much criticism due to STILL not being able to move and shoot....capcom say its to KEEP THE TENSION. But i think you can still create tension if you walk and shoot, by making the A.I more aggressive.

Competition out there is tough now, so it should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X