Clear All

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
    1) Find poster
    2) Pull down said poster
    3) Take poster to other locations on the list
    4) Put up poster
    5) Photograph poster.
    -> Go to 3)
    ^This was a joke, incase others didn't realise.
    Vandalism is never the answer.
    sigpic

Comment

Thus far, everyone has been cool about this, but I just want to squash one thing before anyone asks me. If you recommend removing the posters after taking the picture, or do this yourself, you are earning a here. That kind of behavior is only something that the most vile scum of this earth would do, so please don't resort to that. Keep in mind that we'll have a few close friends visiting these spots over the next week or two, so if we find anything that doesn't match up with Capcom, we'll know something funny is going on and be able to alert them to look out for pictures from the missing locations.

Run a fair game, guys.
      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-15-2009, 08:58 AM.

Comment

hey im there too

Comment

This sucks that they didn't expand this comp to London. I would of got them all, just so I can get these questions out of Capcom. But I wish all the best to the members who are lucky enough to go out and find these posters. This forum getting chosen to take part in this comp makes me feel special to be apart of it (has a tear in one eye). Anyways FIND THOSE POSTERS PEOPLE

Comment

Hey I'm a new comer,nice to meet you all here

Those prizes are amazing, but I can do nothing because I live in BeiJing....
            I can hardly understand the dialogue in viral video 2# beacause I am still an English learner,can anybody write it down? I really want to know what they are talking about.Thank you guys!

Comment

It's nothing of consequence, really. Just the typical dating blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                Its being run by Capcom US, so its primarily sites that are based in the US. The one exception would be REH, since they also cater to the US audience. But the creators of the contest forbid their site from being included on this, due to their refusal to removing the "leaked spoilers". I assume their interview that they had lined up has also been trashed.

Though, I find it kinda hilarious that a certain staff member from that site brings "credibility" into the fold here. Insinuating that we locked and deleted the leaked spoilers information for a copy of Resident Evil 5. I mean, thats nice of him to say, when it was he and a certain other staff member whom tried to blackmail Capcom US into getting untold treasures in return for removing their news post. I guess that didn't turn out so good, and now they got their interview with Takeuchi trashed as well. So of course, out come the spears. Lets ignore the fact that we're giving away all the prizes to the community, and the fact that we've exempt staff from receiving prizes here.

It all brings to light an important lesson about relationships with people, and imo, a fundamental lack of that by the "top brass" at REH. I've always thought that Dama was the kind of guy who doesn't look too far off into the future, but this just proves it. To tell Capcom, a company whom you have an interview lined up with, that you won't remove leaked spoilers just so you can get a couple more hits of ad revenue that day is simply astounding. Not only that, but to go a step further and to think that because the Capcom employee that's asking you to remove the content is "just" a community manager, and that nothing bad will happen, because hes a "low force guy from Capcom" (thats a quote) is really amazing.

I can't say I'm surprised at this, given that several REH staff have already abandoned the site, or we're fired after they voiced their opinions. In fact, I've been contacted by another who says that several people are willing to jump ship, should the right site come along and ask. Though, unfortunately, THIA wouldn't be the place for that. There is, however, another site that might just be able to fit that mold rather nicely. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Anyway, around the time 5 is released, we'll be having another contest, though this one wont be Capcom sponsored. Only one grand prize and it wont be as spectacular as a game console, but it'll be plenty nice to have ;) More details on that later though.
                Completely agree with everything you said there. It's also amusing how a certain person says "all of the larger sites kept the info on there" as an excuse for them keeping it too. We removed it, Biohaze, REfan, NeoGAF, pretty much everyone who Capcom contacted and asked them to remove it, they did it. When reH was contacted, they tried to extort Capcom, only saying they'll remove it in exchange for an arm and a leg, then mocked Shawn for being a "low force guy at Capcom"; sticking their middle finger up to them. Then, they seriously wonder if they're involved in this competition or not, and wonder why they're being left out. Credibility is nothing to do with it, if they had credibility they'd have taken it off for nothing. Doing the right thing is more important than ad hits. I think the majority of staff have left now, even staff who are instrumental to the site at the moment would consider jumping ships. I was banned and deleted for no reason at all. *Rolls eyes* That old link is funny as well when Temp lectures DaMa about his tantrums and being an ass, yet he did exactly the same to me and Temp defended him. Lol.

All the more for us though. The sites that deserve this and who helped Capcom get the competition, for contributing to the community. The community is what matters at the end of the day.
                Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 01-15-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
                  Though, unfortunately, THIA wouldn't be the place for that. There is, however, another site that might just be able to fit that mold rather nicely. Only time will tell, I suppose.
                  You're referring to Project Umbrella aren't you? That may be a good place to turn a new leaf, considering the amount of people working on the site and whatnot. I've heard you guys talk about it many times before. Hope it works out for you guys, since the RE community is rather...fractured at the moment, from what an outsider can see. No offence.

Comment

I really have to take this moment to tip my hat to Capcom. They are doing a remarkable job at marketing Resident Evil 5. I haven't seen a more involved ad campaign in quite some time.

I also wonder what unknowing bystanders think of those Kijuju posters that give little hint as to what they mean. If I didn't know about Resident Evil 5, I would say "uhhh... Wha...??"

Comment

LA has been taken care of, will be sending in pics shortly!

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing them!

Comment

I live in Milwaukee, so maybe I should drive out to Chicago and snap some pics? But gas.....
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

And I thought this site X site bullshit only existed here in Brazil.... we at REVIL removed it too, because we were treated so well by Chris Kramer when we called him to discuss about some other things, and he kindly asked if we could remove the info from out boards... some people in the brazilian community said we were sucking up to Capcom, but we don't give a damn...

Well, it's all for the best... and I quote Alexia:
                            The community is what matters at the end of the day.
                            I can't contribute with any pictures since I am (very) far away from any cities that have the posters.....
                            Nothing like this is ever done here in Brazil... =((
                            Last edited by -Evil Shady-; 01-15-2009, 10:03 PM.

Comment

My brother, two friends, and I went around San Francisco with a checklist and got about ten sites. We should keep a master list of where the poster are and are not so that other people don't waste their time looking in the wrong areas like we did! I'll upload the pictures later tonight.

Comment

I live near Chicago but we have sub zero temperatures right now. Cold weather (iced roads), potholes, city traffic......sorry I'll pass. Whoever does take photos in Chicago I hope you win the prize. As its well deserved dealing with the shitty weather at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X