No announcement yet.

New Resident Evil 5 Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stayed home from my first class of the day so I could discuss this trailer. Waking up to this trailer was like waking up next to Jessica Biel after a wild night of excessive alcohol abuse -- it was a great, welcomed surprise.

Comment

• ^Amen. Chris -vs- Wesker, and the hatred involved between the two, is so awesome. Their struggle makes the trailer, and makes the game. I still can't believe Wesker Spoiler:
      Wesker is one sadistic SOB.

Well, then again, waking up next to Jessica Biel is much better than any video game. Haha.
      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 02-13-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Great news to wake up to...but to me I think its showing way too much.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• I... must... resist!! no... watching... it.... no.... please!!!!! arrrrggggghhhh!!!!!!

Comment

• Part of me wishes I didn't see this trailer, but it's a very small part.

Overall, this trailer did to me what the demo didn't -- it made me even more excited for March 13th. I didn't think it was possible. But when I think about it, it makes sense. I'm way more excited for the story than I am for the gameplay. The story is what it's all about, for me. If I wanted gameplay I'd pop in NHL 09 or a FPS...when it comes to a series that I've been involved with for almost 13 years, it's all about the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by albert View Post
              I... must... resist!! no... watching... it.... no.... please!!!!! arrrrggggghhhh!!!!!!
              Go on you know you want to.

Just saw the trailer only three words to describe it 'Oh Your God'.
              Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                Part of me wishes I didn't see this trailer, but it's a very small part.

Overall, this trailer did to me what the demo didn't -- it made me even more excited for March 13th. I didn't think it was possible. But when I think about it, it makes sense. I'm way more excited for the story than I am for the gameplay. The story is what it's all about, for me. If I wanted gameplay I'd pop in NHL 09 or a FPS...when it comes to a series that I've been involved with for almost 13 years, it's all about the story.
                Agreed. The story is the most appealing aspect. It looks like Capcom has really done a bang up job with the narrative in this entry. Plus, it is nice to see Mr. Redfield fleshed out. I mean, I always thought he was a kick ass character, but now to see him given the entire spotlight is just great.

I like the new light shed on Irving as well. He almost seems like a sympathetic villain. And so much more than the lamewad "fireworks guy" we all pegged him as last summer.
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 02-13-2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Six billion cries of agony...will birth a new balance...

I've watched the trailer maybe 15 times this morning, but that line still gives me chills.

Ugh, how the fuck am I gonna take a test at 2:00? My mind is going a mile a minute right now...
                  Last edited by Vector; 02-13-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                    I like the new light shed on Irving as well. He almost seems like a sympathetic villain. And so much more than the lamewad "fireworks guy" we all pegged him as last summer.
                    I'm really starting to pity Irving...seems like he's the one of the group they all kick around. I really wish I didn't watch the trailer though...but at the same time I'm glad I did.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Since this trailer made me register, I might as well post here first.

Awesome trailer, I'm incredibly pumped up about the game now. Just a month to go

Spoiler:

I really like Excella, she seems like she's copy and pasted straight from a Bond film and then made ten times more awesome. I was a little cautious about her before this trailer but I love her now. Now, all I need to do is find a Tardis and jump ahead a month and I'll be happy

Comment

• *my paste from FAQs*

So much for people hating on Fireworks/Irvin'gs character.

He, just like Steve, seems to vastly develop character in the same game he is introduced(if he's completely new); only better than Steve of CVX did.

Chris and Wesker were already in my badass book(with Leon in the semi-because I like him only in RE2), but I now officially add Birdlady and especially Irving to the books as well.

He starts out shrouded in mystery, gets picked on and used many times, and in the end he gets tired of it; tired of being looked down upon, and simply takes EVEYRTHING in his own hands.

Comment

• Someone knows what Irving says at 01:42?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunkel View Post
                            Someone knows what Irving says at 01:42?
                            "Business like this doesn't just find itself y'know... and yet everyone looks down on me....but not anymore!"
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• ^Nay, it is "research," not "business."

Anyway, I am digging the character direction for Irving. He already has more substance than any character in *cough* RE4 *cough.*
                              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 02-13-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Irving has the potential of being the "scene stealer" of RE 5.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X