No announcement yet.

BBFC : Resident Evil 5 Racist ? Wat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wesker, Irving, Excella, Spencer and the entire BSAA team were unveiled AFTER these accusations too.
    I know that. My 'argument,' if you can call it that, was based purely on speculation, possibility and wondering out loud. My problem is that no one is acknowledging the slightest possibility that racism had an effect on the development of RE5. I'm not presenting my arguments as fact, and the other people are.

Really, you're looking too hard into this.
    Lol, clearly, but like I said, with 10 days left until the launch, I'm antsy with nothing to think about but RE5.

I've said all there is to say...everyone has preconceived ideas and there's apparently no hope in opening anyone's mind. I'll leave you with this -- just like it's possible that racism had NO effect on RE5's development, there is also a possibility that racism accusations did indeed have SOME effect on RE5's development.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      I know that. My 'argument,' if you can call it that, was based purely on speculation, possibility and wondering out loud. My problem is that no one is acknowledging the slightest possibility that racism had an effect on the development of RE5. I'm not presenting my arguments as fact, and the other people are.

Lol, clearly, but like I said, with 10 days left until the launch, I'm antsy with nothing to think about but RE5.

I've said all there is to say...everyone has preconceived ideas and there's apparently no hope in opening anyone's mind. I'll leave you with this -- just like it's possible that racism had NO effect on RE5's development, there is also a possibility that racism accusations did indeed have SOME effect on RE5's development.
      Ah, I agree with you on that. I believe the accusations of racism certainly played some part in the development of RE5. I'm guessing the most obvious is the inclusion of so many white and middle eastern enemies in later trailers.

But your point about Sheva being added because of the racism accusations is still a little silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
        Ah, I agree with you on that. I believe the accusations of racism certainly played some part in the development of RE5. I'm guessing the most obvious is the inclusion of so many white and middle eastern enemies in later trailers.
        Thank you. That's all I was trying to say.

But your point about Sheva being added because of the racism accusations is still a little silly.
        It might be a little silly, but at the same time... with the very different circumstances surrounding the racism accusations, added in with the inclusion of more white and hispanic and asian and middle eastern enemies in the very next trailer, you have to admit that it did look a little sketchy.

Comment

ChrisRedfield29, are you really that dumb?
          Completely, absolutely unnecessary. Who are you to be jumping on a guy just for his harmless speculation?

He was merely saying that he thought it was possible she was added for that reason. Nothing more.

But I guess it's "dumb" to ponder on things related to the development of RE. Maybe us dummies should instead spend our time at the keyboard PMing/drooling over others... "Hey, what's up?" Bwahahahaha!
          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
            Completely, absolutely unnecessary. Who are you to be jumping on a guy just for his harmless speculation?

He was merely saying that he thought it was possible she was added for that reason. Nothing more.
            Then tell me who you are to call me out for "jumping on a guy" when most of your time here at THIA has been spent trolling and starting flamewars?

But I guess it's "dumb" to ponder on things related to the development of RE. Maybe us dummies should instead spend our time at the keyboard PMing/drooling over others... "Hey, what's up?" Bwahahahaha!
            Exactly what are you trying to say here? Whatever this statement even means, I'm sure it's off-topic.

Comment

Then tell me who you are to call me out for "jumping on a guy" when most of your time here at THIA has been spent trolling and starting flamewars?
              Has most of my time here been spent “trolling and starting flamewars?” If it has, then I should be the authority on calling someone out on it. But I guess it’s your defense mechanism to try to shift the blame elsewhere when you were certainly wrong in this instance.

What you’re doing is profiling me based on your own belief that I possess an unfavorable characteristic of a social nature. That in turn is a form of direct discrimination without reasonable justification, unless you can account for my actions based on each and every one of my posts. Your anti-egalitarian views truly sadden me, especially here in a thread about racism, which is also a form of discrimination.

Comment

Maybe us dummies should instead spend our time at the keyboard PMing/drooling over others... "Hey, what's up?" Bwahahahaha!
                That what the "Show me your pics" thread is for.

Comment

Jill's boob, just cut it. This seems to've started between ChrisRedfield29 and Corrin. If you for some reason felt that something was wrong there, you should've used the report function.

Anyway, just cut it before someone amongst the mods will have to hand out points to Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff, all at once.

As for my 2 cent to one of the conversations topics:

I'd say it's highly unlikely that Sheve was in any way added/changed 'cause of the "racism" label.
                  She's a main character, one of the two playable ones, the co-op partner and a character with heavy amounts of dialog, and probably story too, connected to the main scenario. That's not something you can add/change over the night. I'd say she was probably kept under wraps as co-op is such a big "deal" in this day and age of gaming, so they wanted it to be a bit of a big surprise that *gasp* Resident Evil 5 has a second main character? No way! Just like the old games! Co-op? NO WAY! They've got co-op in my Resident Evil 5! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (okay, maybe not exactly like that, but you know what I mean.)

Comment

Working...
                  X