Capcom looking into creating more DLC for Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom looking into creating more DLC for Resident Evil 5

Looks like some more DLC may be heading to Resident Evil 5, according to Capcom’s Christian Svensson.

Speaking with VG247 during its latest podcast, Svensson stated that currently the firm is discussing the possibility of releasing more downloadable content for the title, and is looking to the community for ideas and suggestions.

“We’re talking about it. I don’t know if you have seen some of the threads on Capcom Unity, but questions came up on whether we are going to do any more,” he said. “I asked what people would want to see and that spawned a thread that was literally hundreds of posts long and had tens of thousands of views.

“I mentioned that thread to the team and we have discussed it ever since. So I will leave it at that.”

More DLC is always a good thing. Especially when it involves shooting parasite infected enemies out to get you.

The full podcast can be listened to through the link.
    VG247

Hopefully they will come up with something nice, like possibly a minigame with a certain female character.

Comment

Well, i guess this is pretty much close to confirmation on DLC coming forward, but it sounds like it could still be a ways off But, if Capcom could still continue to support this game, especsially since Capcom seems in no rush to dip into RE6 as this point, nor are the consoles *jumping* ahead after the past 5 year cycle this time, having some substantive DLC could go a long way.

But first, Jill's seperate ways Capcom? Please?

Or another sweet option would be some Versus DLC with the theme of recreating "classic" areas from the series past and "classic" characters from past RE's.

"Barry!"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
        Hopefully they will come up with something nice, like possibly a minigame with a certain female character.
        No matter how much it doesn't make sense, no matter how stupid it would be -- it could still happen, because DLC starring whored-out female characters in 'aerodynamic' Matrix suits would sell very well. It would probably sell better than, say, a much more realistic and fitting scenario starring Josh Stone.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
          No matter how much it doesn't make sense, no matter how stupid it would be -- it could still happen, because DLC starring whored-out female characters in 'aerodynamic' Matrix suits would sell very well. It would probably sell better than, say, a much more realistic and fitting scenario starring Josh Stone.
          Maybe it can be a J & J minigame.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post

Lol, I"ll take a "whored out Jill" over a bland Josh Stone anyday. But seriously, if Capcom is serious about delivering something unique. . .and actual all new content that simply uses RE5's engine. . .why not a co-op prequel campagin with BSAA Chris and Jill, or something all-new together that takes place after RE5. . .though what that could be that would invovle Las Plagas, I don't know.
            sigpic

Comment

Dear God, please just let them add Rebecca as some kinda merc.

Comment

Just new characters for mercs that aren't different costumes/weapon sets and are completely different characters (HUNK, etc) would make me happy.

A Jill Separate Ways I'd also enjoy.

Comment

I'm curious for you guys who want it. If they decided to make a Seperate Ways type DLC for Jill, what are you expecting/hoping from it? Something before Chris and Jill's jump on Spencer's Estate? Or something during RE5? Both seem to have sort of small windows of opportunity for something as long as Ada's SW for RE4.

Not that I wouldn't want something like that too if they do come out with it. Cause I'll probably love anything more they'll give us.

Comment

At this point, I don't think they'll release a DLC until the PC sales start to slow down. That could be as long as years actually.

If anything, for those who have the PC version- you can bet there's gonna be a ton of fan made mods for it; which makes that version superior in my eyes!
                    REALDEMO

Comment

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
                      I'm curious for you guys who want it. If they decided to make a Seperate Ways type DLC for Jill, what are you expecting/hoping from it? Something before Chris and Jill's jump on Spencer's Estate? Or something during RE5? Both seem to have sort of small windows of opportunity for something as long as Ada's SW for RE4.

Not that I wouldn't want something like that too if they do come out with it. Cause I'll probably love anything more they'll give us.
                      Well not as long as SW, but more like Assignment Ada, which wasn't very long but was still fun. The minigame could consist of Jill and Josh making their way to the helicopter, which could be about the same length as AA.

Another option would be brainwashed Jill. I seriously doubt she was just moping around during the entire game, so maybe a minigame with her doing missions for Excella. I think it would be pretty cool to play as Birdwoman anyways.

Comment

EUGH.

Yes Capcom, you all listen to your community. You asked for their ideas, and they responded.

Yet you'll still probably peddle some more multiplayer modes that no one would have asked for ("Capture The Virus") rather than give us something you know full well that we really want, an actual continuation (or extensiion) of the story.

Comment

More merc stages and new charaters like Josh if not that than a minigame showing what happen to Jill after Chris saved and then went after Wesker she could have meet up with Josh and became partners who knows.
                          Last edited by Sephiroth; 09-05-2009, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Well there was a new Mercenaries scenario planed for the PC version of the game and a new mode that would fill the screen up with many more enemies. A New merceneries stage would be awesome!

The sweetest thing they could do is like 5 new stages for Mercenaries , each taken from an old Resident Evil title. Allthough I'd be happy as hell if they would put up the village stage from RE4 including the Las Plagas infected enemies. A bonus mission would lovely too. I just hope we get to see the stuff they made for the PC also for the consoles ... cos I would pay for some extra content and I'd rather not wait ages for it to come out ;) .

Comment

I'll never be able to understand why people set their sights so low with things like this.

By all means, BELIEVE that Capcom will let us down and deliver new character skins or something as irrelevant as that. But surely people must WANT more than that?

Comment

Working...
                              X