No announcement yet.

Capcom looking into creating more DLC for Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite sure why people think there's no room for a Jill "Seperate Ways". Capcom could come up with anything they wanted behind the scenes and still make it worthwhile, it wouldn't even need to be based at the same time as RE5, they could just as easily use the mansion setting that we see in RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      To be fair...this is how the game could be set up...

For the first half or so, you play as Josh with Delta team when:
      they first encounter Uroboros.
      they rescue Chris and Sheva.
      they encounter Ndesu and Josh is the only survivor.
      et cetera.

Josh is basically two steps ahead of Chris and Sheva until they meet up at the Refinery. Creating this DLC really shouldn't be all that mind-bending. After he drops them off at the caves for the start of Chapter 4-1, Josh isn't seen again until he's in the chopper with Jill at the end of the game.

So, maybe after Chris and Sheva save Jill at the end of Chapter 5-3, you gain control of her and have her fight through some Majini, maybe a Chainsaw Chuck or two, until she meets up with Josh and they get in the chopper.

FIN
      Very nice. You know, I just had the sweetest idea right after I posted. CR 29, you always like to talk about Ada and the loose ends the RE series has with the the so-called "Organization" or "Agency" (cough cough US government cough cough), how awesome would it be to have a co-op campain featuring Ada and an actual new character(or even 2 other more for 4-player) they could be a prequel to RE5--maybe actually EXPLAIN how Wesker obtained his own Master Plagas sample. That be a great loose end to tie up!

*Envisions an awesome Ada-Wesker boss fight* Hey, you they always had it out for each other!

Originally posted by Handsome Rob View Post

Come back Mikami, get the hell out of here Takeuchi you've ruined Resident Evil
      There's nothing in this thread more truer. (Well, dont' agree about the ruined RE part, but yea, RE5 wasn't the ultra polished game it should've been.)
      Last edited by valentinesdead?; 09-06-2009, 11:45 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

How would DLC featuring a character in the actual game be considered fanservice? I think including a character like Ada or someone not related to the actual game at all would be more fanservicy, if anything. I agree that something with Jill might be short given her role in the game (which is why I asked what I asked before), though her ~mysterious cloaked, brainwashed~ self would certainly add a LOT more potential to that.

Not being blinded by fangirlism, I still don't see how Josh would be overall more appealing than Jill when it came to DLC. I liked Josh a lot myself and would get it, but honestly not many people would be creaming themselves over it or getting it if that was all it was. They don't want to lose money on something they put money and work into, so of course they'd go the route that ensures this. It's not appeasing the fanboys/girls, it's the point of a successful business/franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
          How would DLC featuring a character in the actual game be considered fanservice? I think including a character like Ada or someone not related to the actual game at all would be more fanservicy, if anything. I agree that something with Jill might be short given her role in the game (which is why I asked what I asked before), though her ~mysterious cloaked, brainwashed~ self would certainly add a LOT more potential to that.

Not being blinded by fangirlism, I still don't see how Josh would be overall more appealing than Jill when it came to DLC. I liked Josh a lot myself and would get it, but honestly not many people would be creaming themselves over it or getting it if that was all it was. They don't want to lose money on something they put money and work into, so of course they'd go the route that ensures this. It's not appeasing the fanboys/girls, it's the point of a successful business/franchise.

As a character Josh honestly isn't as appealing as a core RE character, but as far as a gaming campaign goes--it's certainly more promising. It would be awesome to play as Jill under P30, but I don't see why she would have be attacking Kijuju Las Plagas carriers given the fact she was under Wesker's control to begin with. They're pretty much on the same side.

But I have to disagree with you about Ada being fanservice. There's a legitimate plot point that could be explored concerning just what happaned between Wesker and the Organization, thus him attaining the plagas samples that help make RE5 possible. Plus, it be a nice, nice way to connect RE5 to RE4 more.
          sigpic

Comment

I think there's possibilities for a Jill game mode. I certainly would like to see that... The only way to play as her during the RE5 events is right after Chris and Sheva leave the monarch room and till she meets Josh and go rescue the pair. Otherwise, it could be a new mission set before/during 2006 in their way to the Spencer Estate and also throw some cutscenes from the time she was captured by Wesker, met Irving/Excella, etc... kinda like a "Jill's memories" type of mode.

I'm not gonna get hyped either, but hopefully they really listen fans this time.

Comment

For the first half or so, you play as Josh with Delta team when:
              they first encounter Uroboros.
              Delta Team didn't encounter Uroboros. Alpha Team did, and we saw what happened to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                Delta Team didn't encounter Uroboros. Alpha Team did, and we saw what happened to them.
                Yeah, you're right, my mistake. I haven't played RE5 in a while.

But still, Josh is off-screen for a very long time. They could do a lot with what he was up to.
                Last edited by Vector; 09-06-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

You know, now that I think about it...I'd want more than one feature for DLC. I'd want it to be a DLC pack of some sorts. Like say, four player co-op Mercenaries, new outfits for all characters(not including Sheva's Hunnigan outfit and Chris's Mad Max bullshit), new Mercs characters(Josh and Excella would be easy cop-outs), new weapons for story mode(like, say, the Samurai Edge and BSAA Jill's Px8), and maybe a classic Mercs map or two. I'd love to see Water World in HD graphics.

That...I would pay $10-15 for.

Comment

new weapons for story mode(like, say, the Samurai Edge
                    You can unlock the Samurai Edge Custom by Fully upgrading the M92F Pistol.

Comment

what?!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                        You can unlock the Samurai Edge Custom by Fully upgrading the M92F Pistol.
                        Not true. Upgrading the M9 unlocks the M93R.

Comment

Not true. Upgrading the M9 unlocks the M93R.
                          this!
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's also refered to as the Samurai Edge Custom.

Comment

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                              I'm pretty sure it's also refered to as the Samurai Edge Custom.
                              Maybe it is, but it's not the 'Samurai Edge' that STARS Wesker has. And that's the gun I was referring to.

Comment

Very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X