No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Alternate Edition Famitsu Scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it's not DLC, apparently according to Famitsu, and currently no mention of the extra stuff as a seperate disc like Knights of the Nine for Oblivion...yeah. You're gonna have to buy the game again, and they'll charge full price. For many that will, essentially, mean they're paying full price for the bonus scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      Since it's not DLC, apparently according to Famitsu, and currently no mention of the extra stuff as a seperate disc like Knights of the Nine for Oblivion...yeah. You're gonna have to buy the game again, and they'll charge full price. For many that will, essentially, mean they're paying full price for the bonus scenarios.
      Still not full price just for the new scenario. thats all i'm saying.

Comment

I'll buy it at a high price ;) I'm pretty excited about it, RE5 really let me down after years of thinking this is the one to bring the epicness back, we got chris, wesker, maybe jill and it's probably the end of the original story....snarf it. At least this new edition may be able to make the overall experience better, which in my opinion it really needs.
        Last edited by REmaster; 09-29-2009, 01:08 PM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I would pay up to $40 for this, just cause I'm OCD like that....

Comment

If they're saying it's 2 hours, that means it'll take about a half an hour to beat the first time through. Remember when Takeuchi said RE5 would take 20-30 hours to beat the first time?

Comment

Nah, I doubt it would take that little, considering how huge the place looks. And it took me 17 hours on my first run, thanks!

Comment

RE5 took me 9-11 hours on my first playthrough, I think. I can't remember. And that was when we were trying really hard to move slowly, read every file, admire every environment, etc. That's why I'm not listening to this 'two hours' crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  If they're saying it's 2 hours, that means it'll take about a half an hour to beat the first time through. Remember when Takeuchi said RE5 would take 20-30 hours to beat the first time?
                  Can you find me that Arch, because I actually recall him and other people at Capcom saying 5 would be shorter than 4 and on average most first time playthroughs of RE4 were 18+ hours. So I don't think/recall any talk of RE5 being that long.

Personally I don't like the fact if people want it, especially the fans - that they do refer to in the interview - they have to repurchase the whole thing again. There is no excuse not to have it as DLC and to be fair, I honestly believe if "profit" is the real reason for it - you'd think offering both full copies and the ability to have it as DLC is more likely to make that. Because making it purchase only is going to put off a lot of the general public from repurchase.

Maybe they're thinking just because it worked for Code Veronica X and RE4 it'll work here, but I think they're underestimating how market saturated this is when they've just released the PC edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                    Maybe they're thinking just because it worked for Code Veronica X and RE4 it'll work here, but I think they're underestimating how market saturated this is when they've just released the PC edition.

Complete Market Saturation. Indeed.
                    Last edited by REmaster; 09-29-2009, 05:20 PM.
                    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Can you find me that Arch, because I actually recall him and other people at Capcom saying 5 would be shorter than 4 and on average most first time playthroughs of RE4 were 18+ hours. So I don't think/recall any talk of RE5 being that long.
                      It may take some time, but I'll see if I can dig it up. I believe it was a video interview with either Gametrailers or G4. I distinctly remember him stating that initially they had said it would be a shorter game than RE4, but they had to change their estimates as they kept adding content to the game, so he believed it would take anywhere between 20 and 30 hours.

Now, I may have been mistaken, and he was referring to not just the main campaign, but the extras as well. He may have meant it would take 20-30 hours to unlock everything. I don't remember for certain.

EDIT:

Found it.

IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com

It's at 4:16.

Geez, I completely forgot just how much news and updates I kept track of and posted over on cosplay.com in the months leading up to RE5's release.
                      Last edited by Archelon; 09-29-2009, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah, they said RE5 was shorter and to unlock everything it'd take those 20-30 hours.

Comment

Here, an article from Eurogamer:

Originally posted by Takeuchi
                          We've been saying it'll take 20 hours to play right through it, but recently the staff have been playing through the game, and even the really good members of the team are finding it still takes them about ten hours to get through it. For people who are new to the series it might take 30 hours to play through the whole game, so if you look at that, and look at the amount of content in the game, it's on a bigger scale than Resident Evil 4.
                          Since we were last closely acquainted with a playable build of Resident Evil 5, Capcom has evidently gone back and had …

Comment

Thanks Arch.

Personally I think those are actually justified comments. The main game runs for the average player 8-12 hours first time depending on how much you read and do, but 5's main game had more bonus perks for replaying than 4 did overall to be fair due to a heavier rewards system than RE4 had, and so most people would have spent upwards of 20 hours - mostly in trying the game co-op and earning extras.

Comment

For 360 it will be prepared in a different form
                              I don't get what they're saying.
                              So it won't be DLC but a "different form".
                              Vinyl? Cassette? VHS? Betamax? Youtube?
                              I'm guessing if it's not DLC then it will be on DVD (seeing as the 360 can't play blue-ray). Why don't they just say that?

Comment

^They want to be mysterious and keep their fans guessing.

For once.

Comment

Working...
                                X