No announcement yet.

Chris Kramer Alternate Edition Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was in a podcast we did some months ago: http://www.biohaze.com/podcasts.htm

Don't be so hard on the guy, he must deal with far more games than RE, and like the rest have said, the series is known for it's messy plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
      ^ Like Aris said, he didn't know Alexia. And didn't he not know who Sherry was or something, even though both of them are major plot points in a game he's supposed to be advertising? There's a difference between being not perfect and just being flat out ignorant.
      So, is he being ignorant? Or are you? (I say this because you are making a judgment on the guy based on things that you haven't even witnessed yourself...you are merely going off of hearsay.) If you have personally witnessed each and every one of his "supposed" screwups, then I guess maybe you might have a valid point.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      I don't watch his interviews. I also don't trust a thing he says until it gets confirmed.
      I thought you don't watch his interviews? Then how would you even know all of what he says?

The guy is being paid to know this stuff. If he can't then they either need someone else to help with the RE stuff or replace Kramer with someone who does know. It doesn't matter how nice he is or how many puppies he has personally saved from fires if he isn't doing what he's paid to.
      Yes, but have you actually followed all of his interviews (written, video, etc)? And I'm talking about EVERY single interview, concerning EVERY single Capcom game, in his entire career? Otherwise, you really can't pass judgment on the guy. Obviously he's doing enough right at his job to keep it, so his superiors don't seem to have an issue with him. I just think it is funny that people are saying this guy is the worst thing since vegemite (no offense, my Aussie compatriots).

I'm certainly no supporter of Kramer (I watched one interview, didn't care for him, and thus haven't watched any others), but I can't help but be dumbfounded at the amount of hatred that is showered on him from people in this community (most of which revolve around the same 1 or 2 mistakes that he supposedly made). If you don't like him, just ignore him.
      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-02-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

A_J...bro...I don't mean to be picky, but it's Alternative Edition, not Alternate.

Comment

Jill's Boob

Is Kramer paying you? Or are you really Kramer in disguise?

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
            So, is he being ignorant? Or are you? (I say this because you are making a judgment on the guy based on things that you haven't even witnessed yourself...you are merely going off of hearsay.) If you have personally witnessed each and every one of his "supposed" screwups, then I guess maybe you might have a valid point.

I thought you don't watch his interviews? Then how would you even know all of what he says?

Yes, but have you actually followed all of his interviews (written, video, etc)? And I'm talking about EVERY single interview, concerning EVERY single Capcom game, in his entire career? Otherwise, you really can't pass judgment on the guy. Obviously he's doing enough right at his job to keep it, so his superiors don't seem to have an issue with him. I just think it is funny that people are saying this guy is the worst thing since vegemite (no offense, my Aussie compatriots).

I'm certainly no supporter of Kramer (I watched one interview, didn't care for him, and thus haven't watched any others), but I can't help but be dumbfounded at the amount of hatred that is showered on him from people in this community (most of which revolve around the same 1 or 2 mistakes that he supposedly made). If you don't like him, just ignore him.
            How do I know what he says? Why, I read it here. The internet is not always the best place for information but I've found if someone screws up on the forums I tend to find out...shortly before stomping on a small flamewar, usually. Flameskirmish maybe? Who cares.

The problem is it's not as though Capcom hasn't got more than one PR minion in the whole system. For some reason Kramer has been given RE, which is one of there bigger franchises...and he keeps fucking up on the details. Now, I know older fans aren't especially important to Capcom most of the time but this is one of there flag ship series. They can't really keep a guy in the spot when he clearly has no idea what he's on about. I mean...there was the Barry comment. The not knowing who either Alexia or Sherry were. The chainsaw comment. I'm feeling sure I'm missing at least one more too.

It's not as though I expect him to know that Ada's original name was going to be Ada or even the name of Marvin. I'm not thinking the guy is a fan of the series. He's not, it's his job, and that's fine. But the guy pretty obviously hasn't played any of the games before RE4 hit, just read a few notes and decided that's that. I mean, can you imagine if one of his co-workers decides to slip him a note about the suppressed sexual tension between Chris and Wesker as an explanation for why they hate each other? The guy needs to know this stuff himself.

Comment

I think that Kramer has lots of other things to do, since he's the director of marketing, than just play and investigate every RE-game thoroughly. I'm sure he has played most of them through, but i don't think he knows about REs that much, since his job is to market the product, not to keep on track which of the 10000 characters are dead or who barely managed to escape from an explosion.

Comment

I call loser on anyone who attacks Kramer for no reason. Seriously people, grow up.

Comment

I've personally always enjoyed watching Kramer's interviews. I think he does a good job explaining the topic.. and to the people who think lesser of him because he may have made a few mistakes or forgot a few things, here's a fact for ya -WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES- So give the guy a break.

Comment

How do I know what he says? Why, I read it here. The internet is not always the best place for information but I've found if someone screws up on the forums I tend to find out...shortly before stomping on a small flamewar, usually. Flameskirmish maybe? Who cares.

The problem is it's not as though Capcom hasn't got more than one PR minion in the whole system. For some reason Kramer has been given RE, which is one of there bigger franchises...and he keeps fucking up on the details. Now, I know older fans aren't especially important to Capcom most of the time but this is one of there flag ship series. They can't really keep a guy in the spot when he clearly has no idea what he's on about. I mean...there was the Barry comment. The not knowing who either Alexia or Sherry were. The chainsaw comment. I'm feeling sure I'm missing at least one more too.

It's not as though I expect him to know that Ada's original name was going to be Ada or even the name of Marvin. I'm not thinking the guy is a fan of the series. He's not, it's his job, and that's fine. But the guy pretty obviously hasn't played any of the games before RE4 hit, just read a few notes and decided that's that. I mean, can you imagine if one of his co-workers decides to slip him a note about the suppressed sexual tension between Chris and Wesker as an explanation for why they hate each other? The guy needs to know this stuff himself.
                    I could not have said that any better myself. Spot on

Comment

But the guy pretty obviously hasn't played any of the games before RE4 hit, just read a few notes and decided that's that.
                      Why do you think so? Just because he didn't remember who Sherry and Alexia were? Or that by canon Barry wasn't killed in RE1?
                      Well, I have a friend that introduced me to the RE series; he had played every RE game that was available on PC (even several times) and even though he knows basic things, he also wouldn't remember now that the little girl from RE2 was Sherry. Those are things that can easily slip your mind when you're not a hardcore fan.

Sure, you can say that "but that's his job to remember things like that", but it's not. He's just a PR guy, his job is to talk to media and fans about Capcom's new stuff. It's great that, according to what he had said on that podcast, he had played games he's talking about (even the old ones), but he don't need to know every single bit. For us Alexia is a very important character that plays important role in CV and the overall Ashford storyline, for everyone else outside RE fandom, she's just a blonde chick that burns and turns into a monster, a villain from the game.

Also, as Mr. Rod had said, RE franchise isn't the only one he's talking about. He's a Senior Director of Corporate Communications, you can find him talking about lots of Capcom's games during various events.
                      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 10-02-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                        Jill's Boob

Is Kramer paying you? Or are you really Kramer in disguise?
                        I'm his grandmother.

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                        I could not have said that any better myself. Spot on
                        Ah, you are incapable of independent thought, yet you rip on Kramer for his job performance. Perhaps he can visit you at McDonald's and critique your actions at work?

Comment

I was simply saying that Aris already brought it up and reinforcing it. I've listened to the podcast myself, and watched some (if not most) of his interviews.

I'm certainly no supporter of Kramer (I watched one interview, didn't care for him, and thus haven't watched any others), but I can't help but be dumbfounded at the amount of hatred that is showered on him from people in this community. If you don't like him, just ignore him.
                          God, if only people would do the same for RE movies... So much hatred, not enough people shutting up about it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. And if you don't watch it, you shouldn't complain.

It's like voting. Don't like it? You don't have to vote, but if you don't vote, don't bitch about it either.

As for Kramer, like I said before. I'm sure he's a nice guy, and I don't hate him by any means. I just think he needs to get the simple stuff straight. Besides, remembering Sherry wouldn't be hard, she's like, the only child in the entire series.
                          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 10-02-2009, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                            It's like voting. Don't like it? You don't have to vote, but if you don't vote, don't bitch about it either.
                            Good analogy.

As for Kramer, like I said before. I'm sure he's a nice guy, and I don't hate him by any means. I just think he needs to get the simple stuff straight. Besides, remembering Sherry wouldn't be hard, she's like, the only child in the entire series.
                            I'm sure there are other youthful characters spread out amongst the RE mythology, and really, Sherry was only in RE2 and an RE3 epilogue (10 years ago)...so she's not that important (or oft-featured) except to die hard fans. It hasn't been until the DSC scenario that she even returned to the limelight.

Kramer probably isn't the sharpest guy in the world, but he certainly has an awesome job. Apparently it isn't always what you know, but who you know. So he must be friends with his immediate superiors at Capcom. I think people are too harsh on the guy, foaming at the mouth whenever his name is mentioned.

Granted, mistakes shouldn't be made, but if he is truly responsible for more in the Capcom community than just the RE franchise, he should get a little slack.

But whatever. To each his own.
                            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-02-2009, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Ah, you are incapable of independent thought, yet you rip on Kramer for his job performance. Perhaps he can visit you at McDonald's and critique your actions at work?

Get off your knees and stop blowing the dude...its embarrassing

Comment

People can bash Kramer but no one can disagree? That's some good logic there.

Comment

Working...
                                X