IGN Reviews Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Reviews Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

With only a few days to go before the release of Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, IGN has posted its review, awarding the game a surprisingly high score of 8.1 out of 10.

To read the full review, click here.

To watch the video review, click here.

Be warned that the video review does include some spoilers, including story progression and even some minor details regarding the ending of the game.

thanks for the warning. I won't be watching the video. i doubt Capcom have learn the lesson of not showing everything before the game release

Comment

That's so much more then I expected. And 12 hrs long... Wow, impressive.

Btw in the video when he says "ridiculous final bosses" they show a completely new creature. I really hope that is not the final boss.

Comment

Looks like there's gonna be a lot of whining on the camera style

Comment

Originally posted by BahamutRetsu View Post
          in the video when he says "ridiculous final bosses" they show a completely new creature. I really hope that is not the final boss.
          I doubt it. My guess is that the final boss is in that big terrarium/sky dome looking thing that we've seen in other trailers. But that's just speculation.
          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I wouldn't say it was spoilerific really, its certainly not going to ruin anyone's gaming experience if they watch this. I like how they say the plot is very confusing and convoluted though. IGN thinks that's a bad thing but it sounds pretty good to me!
            "I've got 100 cows."
            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
              I wouldn't say it was spoilerific really, its certainly not going to ruin anyone's gaming experience if they watch this. I like how they say the plot is very confusing and convoluted though. IGN thinks that's a bad thing but it sounds pretty good to me!
              Me too. The more details, the better in my eyes.

Comment

The video shows the main menu (or part of it) with two very interesting options: Archives and Chronicles.

DO WANT
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                  I doubt it. My guess is that the final boss is in that big terrarium/sky dome looking thing that we've seen in other trailers. But that's just speculation.
                  Yeah I think so too... But what about "super-intelligent plant life"? Ivy was never super-intelligent nor was Plant-42. Alexia has plant-like looks, especially in DSC, but in actuality has nothing to do with plants. So either they meant her... Or some new creatures from SA scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    The video shows the main menu (or part of it) with two very interesting options: Archives and Chronicles.

DO WANT
                    really? hmm, I am guessing "archives" to be a mode where you can view character's bio and the 3d models, the organisation and virus informations etc, while Chronicles to be videos showcasing the stories.

Comment

but in actuality has nothing to do with plants
                      Well, the T-Veronica virus was created through combining the Progenitor virus with the DNA (and an ancient virus found within said DNA) of a queen ant with plant DNA.

There are also "new" humanoid plants similar to Plant 43, but much more... human. At least, thats what they seem to look like. Could be just a Plant 43 variation, since there are also Hunter Gamma variations.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        Well, the T-Veronica virus was created through combining the Progenitor virus with the DNA (and an ancient virus found within said DNA) of a queen ant with plant DNA.

There are also "new" humanoid plants similar to Plant 43, but much more... human. At least, thats what they seem to look like. Could be just a Plant 43 variation, since there are also Hunter Gamma variations.
                        That is by the RE Archives, which is full of plot holes and terrible grammatic mistakes. I never trusted it by a smallest bit. This plant DNA is never mentioned in any of CV files. It's just Progenitor and Queen Ant virus. I trust this more. But anything's possible within RE universe, so we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by BahamutRetsu View Post
                          That is by the RE Archives, which is full of plot holes and terrible grammatic mistakes.
                          I agree with you here - it's hard for me to trust a poorly-written source.

Comment

OMG!!
                            I only heard one thing about the ending and got me excited
                            Dnt click the tag if you dnt want to read the one thing about the ending!!

Spoiler:

Comment

I loved the little scene of showing more on Rockfort Island's attack by HCF. It will do nice for a few things from my end.

Comment

Working...
                              X