Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition : "Desperate Escape" Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    Can you remove this post please? I could be found to be offensive to those who can't ejaculate. Thank you.

LOOOOLZ

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
      Wasn't this established when she was spreading her legs to show off that horrendous vaginal area and ripping open her Nina Williams suit to expose her chest?
      See attachment.

It's nice to know that Capcom kept Jill's "suit" intact for her desperate escape.

Still, I've grown quite fond of Jill's battleslut battlesuit. And Jill's whore-ification began in RE3, so her appearance in RE5 shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

This series has a history of objectifying the female characters. Let's not forget being able to peep Ashley's panties in the previous entry (not to mention her heavily exaggerated assets - and no, I'm not talking about her ears). Plus, the crapfest known as RE4 featured Ada swinging around Spain in next to nothing. A dinner dress for a spy, at night, in Autumn? C'mon...
      Attached Files

Comment

Jill the only other character to be in a game not in RE? lulz. Aside from what the other have already pointed out, Capcom used the images of other characters in the card fighter games. Claire, Chris, Leon, the first Tyrant, Nemesis, the zombies, Ada, Wesker, Steve...all there.

And yes....Jill looks like a crack whore in RE5 (though in REmake *re3 costume especially* that sunken, hollow expression was present too). Wasn't this established when she was spreading her legs to show off that horrendous vaginal area and ripping open her Nina Williams suit to expose her chest? Jill brigade be damned. Some people simply dislike Jill, especially her new outfit. Cry harder, get over it, and ignore it when people state their feelings on the matter.
        And the point is?

I wouldn't waste my time bashing a character.
        But anyway, feel free to dislike Jill or any other character of the game, it won't change anything. People simply dislike Jill because there's a big fan base of her, you should all start from that point. And i do respect your opinions. I don't like Rebecca Chambers and a lot of characters from other games. But i don't go bashing them saying they are "sluts" "addicts" etc.
        Maybe it's my fault because i don't use those words with people that simply don't exist. I'm not that way.

The problem is that you all start disscusing with the fans, that's the problem. If you hate the character, simply.. don't comment. But it seems you all need to start a senseless fight here. Bad day at work? Don't transmit your problems here. We should all start respecting others' opinions. If not, this will never work. It's just my point of view. You can disagree. But i'm sick of these kind of statements, there are always the same, repetitive which leads to the same place. And all of them has been discussed before. So... it's time you had understood the lesson.

For example; Leon has his fan base aswell... so what's the problem? You simply can't go against to other people's preferences. It simply won't work. And i found rather interesting that only at THIA it seems to be a problem with Jill Valentine. Come on... read your suggestion again:

ignore it when people state their feelings on the matter.
        Last edited by Jill Lover; 12-17-2009, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
          See attachment.

It's nice to know that Capcom kept Jill's "suit" intact for her desperate escape.

Still, I've grown quite fond of Jill's battleslut battlesuit. And Jill's whore-ification began in RE3, so her appearance in RE5 shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

This series has a history of objectifying the female characters. Let's not forget being able to peep Ashley's panties in the previous entry (not to mention her heavily exaggerated assets - and no, I'm not talking about her ears). Plus, the crapfest known as RE4 featured Ada swinging around Spain in next to nothing. A dinner dress for a spy, at night, in Autumn? C'mon...
          I wonder if that means they'll patch it in the main game as well. And yes...I am annoyed with the way the other females have become objectified. Ashley's panties and references to her bust were completely useless and annoying, while Ada in the dress made no sense at all. Her tactical outfit for the mini game made much more sense. She would no longer be the "bitch in the red dress", but Capcom shouldn't have to keep using the same color palettes for their characters. Their logic of "Oh....she wore a red dress in the first game she was in, so naturally she should wear the same color!" is retarded. Capcom and logic are not friendly, however. Capcom shuns logic as if it were a leper.

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
          I wouldn't waste my time bashing a character.
          But anyway, feel free to dislike Jill or any other character of the game, it won't change anything. People simply dislike Jill because there's a big fan base of her, you should all start from that point. And i do respect your opinions.
          I don't dislike Jill because she has a big fan base. I have stated, countless times and obviously it gets ignored, I liked Jill before her shit role in RE5 and before whining ass fanboys couldn't stop derailing every single topic because someone so much as mentioned her name. Personally, I hate the way one of my favorite video game females has become an oversexualized, trashy plot device. I could go on a feminist rant about being a female gamer and how I'm fed up with such character designs, but that would be a big waste of time. From the comments posted by people here and elsewhere, most have no problem with whorish looking characters. Most of these people posting are male anyway. And because of the demography of gamers, naturally companies are going to try to get away with making female characters as appealing to young men.

The problem is that you all start disscusing with the fans, that's the problem. If you hate the character, simply.. don't comment. But it seems you all need to start a senseless fight here. Bad day at work? Don't transmit your problems here. We should all start respecting others' opinions. If not, this will never work. It's just my point of view. You can disagree. But i'm sick of these kind of statements, there are always the same, repetitive which leads to the same place. And all of them has been discussed before. So... it's time you had understood the lesson.
          Stop trying to sound like you're above petty bickering. You've flat out insulted other members on personal levels before, so I'm not falling for that bullshit. You aren't in any position to try and teach anyone a lesson about respect. You tell me to follow my own advice, then why don't you? Put me and anyone else that is open about their dislike of Jill or that have opinions you frown upon on your ignore list and get the fuck over it. That way, you wont have to see our posts, nor will you have to worry about getting butthurt over disagreements. If you don't want to read what we have to say, then utilize the functions of the forum.

For example; Leon has his fan base aswell... so what's the problem?
          lolwut? People are open about their distaste for Leon, and it has nothing to do with the fanbase. It has everything to do with the fact that his character has turned into a stale, emotionless brick that became a one man army/superman.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I wonder if that means they'll patch it in the main game as well.
            Haha. Rosey, I was saying that Jill's battlesuit would be left untouched in my other post. Here is the attachment I had mentioned at the start of the post. I guess you missed it.

The "snapshot" is still there. And in all its glory in this "spread."

Yes, subtlety is not one of my strong points.

Comment

Yeah I know. And I had misread you earlier. I was trying to talk on the phone with someone and really wasn't paying attention.

And lighting it up a bit more...

As people have said before...there is absolutely no logical reason why it should look like that right between her legs.
              Last edited by Bertha; 12-17-2009, 11:33 PM.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Yeah I know. And I had misread you earlier. I was trying to talk on the phone with someone and really wasn't paying attention.
                Ouch. So you're saying my posts mean nothing to you?! I'm emotionally distraught right now.

As people have said before...there is absolutely no logical reason why it should look like that right between her legs.
                I'm afraid the only real reason it is there can be explained by what you said in your post up top - it's there to appeal to the base male urges of a predominantly young male gaming community.

Sex sells. That's why I had brought up how pointless it is for people to argue about the slutty appearances of females in this series. There were always the alt costumes that revealed some polygon skin, and RE3, 4, and 5 went out of their ways to over-sexualize the women.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Back onto the topic at hand - I love these new images and the info. I am excited to play as Josh Stone, and it should be nice to Jill fans that they're getting two new episodes with plenty of Jill. (Seems all that whining about her minimal inclusion in RE5...which was supposed to be a purely Chris-centric game...has turned out to be for naught.)

Also, I noticed today on PSN that my trophy count for RE5 was at 86%. The reason is that there are 10 new trophies listed for the DLC content. 5 for "Lost in Nightmares" and 5 for "Desperate Escape."

I'm very, very excited for the new episodes and I think they'll be fantastic additions to an already great game. I'm just wondering how these missions will be played? Via a selection on the main menu (most likely) or if they are missions intertwined in the course of the main campaign (and integrated as such & via the chapter select)?

EDIT: Well, it looks like the trophy/achievement info for the DLC is apparently widespread knowledge, and I am not an amazing detective as I had hoped. Here's a detailed list: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ve...ophy-list.html
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-17-2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Exposed vagina aside, I do like the detail on Jill's model, where the P30 was removed on her chest. The bloody, burned, bruised skin adds a certain level of realism, to me, and I'm glad they kept that for this scenario instead of having it magically disappear like in Mercenaries.

Also, I'm quite liking how dark the atmosphere looks. I mean, obviously it makes sense for it to be night time, given the time frame of when this scenario takes place, but I'm still glad to see we'll be exploring the outdoors a bit more. I never necessarily had a problem with the brighter areas of RE5, but I am partial to the darker environments.

Comment

I really cannot wait to play this. Again, I am so happy they went along with the want of a scenario with these two. ♥ Especially from Jill's end, since after her rescue, she was kind of just floating around until the end.

Chris's Exoskeleton skin is hilarious. In that "... really guys?" way. As funny as it is, I wish they'd have added a new Wesker outfit or something rather than a parody ... even though I love parodies so I'm not disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
                      Chris's Exoskeleton skin is hilarious. In that "... really guys?" way. As funny as it is, I wish they'd have added a new Wesker outfit or something rather than a parody ... even though I love parodies so I'm not disappointed.
                      I'm pretty sure that out of the 4 remaining slots left for Mercs Reunion characters, there's going to be a new Wesker costume and a new Jill costume. Before I would have said 2 per Wesker and Jill, but with the rumor of Josh being playable...well, if that is true than I imagine there will be BSAA Josh and a Josh alt. If the Josh rumor is false, then I stand by the 2 Wesker and 2 Jill costumes in queue to be revealed.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that out of the 4 remaining slots left for Mercs Reunion characters, there's going to be a new Wesker costume and a new Jill costume. Before I would have said 2 per Wesker and Jill, but with the rumor of Josh being playable...well, if that is true than I imagine there will be BSAA Josh and a Josh alt. If the Josh rumor is false, then I stand by the 2 Wesker and 2 Jill costumes in queue to be revealed.
                        According to the site, there's only 3 slots left for the Reunion characters. My guess is one alternative outfit for Josh, and then, perhaps, one alt. for Wesker and one alt. for Jill. I guess it makes sense Jill and Wesker would have less, given that in regular Mercenaries they only have two versions when Chris and Sheva have three.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                          According to the site, there's only 3 slots left for the Reunion characters. My guess is one alternative outfit for Josh, and then, perhaps, one alt. for Wesker and one alt. for Jill. I guess it makes sense Jill and Wesker would have less, given that in regular Mercenaries they only have two versions when Chris and Sheva have three.
                          Ah cool. So Josh will be in Mercs. (I wonder who the pilot will be then...eh, probably still Josh. Or maybe Kirk? Kirk's Ghost?)

Well then out of the 3 remaining slots, I go with what I said before:

1 Wesker alt
                          1 Jill alt
                          1 Josh alt

Comment

I would prefer 2 new skin for both Jill and Wesker than play as Josh in Merc, but as he will be in the game, one skin for him is more than enough.
                            Jill NEED to have two costumes!

Comment

I find it hilarious that Jill Valentine, despite coming off the high of having a p30 drug pumped into her nonstop, getting thrown around by Chris/Sheva and just being overly exhausted she is still able to pull off being able to fight off majini and other horrors. I guess that Josh is supposed to be probably be tired for fighting for his life that they will seem about even.

Comment

I'm afraid the only real reason it is there can be explained by what you said in your post up top - it's there to appeal to the base male urges of a predominantly young male gaming community.
                                I really doubt that even young male gamers are excited to see a pixelated photo of vagina that just looks completely out of place. I don't think Capcom put it there purposely (though I wonder why haven't anyone patched it for a PC version or even this DLC), rather that it was some kind of joke from texture guys.

And I wouldn't say that only females are over-sexualize in (RE) games. What with shirtless Wesker or Chris' shirtless costume with lots of leather, straps and spikes.

However, just like you've said, sex sells.
                                Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 12-18-2009, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X