No announcement yet.

Excella confirmed for Mercenaries Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotta bitching going on here. Really, I would rather have all the S.T.A.R.S. members in this, but just because thats not what we're getting it's not the end of the world. Though, if theres not some type of tit-crush melee, I'll be pissed.
    Last edited by jagger916; 01-20-2010, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      Anyone but Excella. Irving, Kirk, DeChant, Brad Vickers. I realize she's 'more important' to RE5 itself than any of these other characters(except maybe for Irving), but Excella was a piece of shit character, in my opinion.
      Excella had as much characterization as Irving. Which is to say almost none.

Dechant was actually a piece of shit character, i.e. a bad team leader who let his team get killed while crying into the headset, etc.

Kirk had no real personality other than what forum users here blessed him with based on his hilarious full-body photo.

Brad Vickers was a pansy, and his character didn't extend upon that, at least to my knowledge.

All the people you listed have two things in common:
      - No real characterization
      - Dead
      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 01-20-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
        This is an insult to the fans; am I the only one who is offended?
        Dear God... we are getting NEW shit for a game that perfectly couldn't have given us nothing (like any other RE game out there). Be grateful for once people!

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
          All the people you listed have two things in common:
          - No real characterization
          - Dead
          I wasn't making suggestions, I was just saying that I'd prefer any one of them over Excella, considering that at least the others had experience with firearms and didn't have tits hanging out of a barely-there white dress. Irving was at least fun to listen to talk because he sounded like a sarcastic moron, and I'd love to hear what his voice commands sounded like.

We could go on and on about 'characterization' in Resident Evil, but we all know where that would take us.

Spoiler:

Comment

There was not one likable quality about her. I just wish we saw the end of her, and I'm 'miffed' or 'disappointed' that she's one of the 3 remaining skins.
            I think that's the whole premise of being the "bad guy". If you didn't like her, thats' quality characterization right there. Excella's the type people love to hate. So it's obvious why you're miffed.

If anything you'll get to grenade her in Reunion. So it's a win-win.
            REALDEMO

Comment

Originally posted by a STARS member View Post
              I think that's the whole premise of being the "bad guy". If you didn't like her, thats' quality characterization right there. Excella's the type people love to hate. So it's obvious why you're miffed.
              Uh, no, not quite. There's a big difference between hating a character and simply not liking them. I could hate a villain in a game/movie/novel and still like them for who they are as a character, but in Excella's case, there's just nothing to like about her. I don't like her because she was a baseless, useless, throwaway waste of potential who wanted to do nothing but be Wesker's fluffer in his new world.
              Last edited by Vector; 01-20-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Irving was at least fun to listen to talk because he sounded like a sarcastic moron, and I'd love to hear what his voice commands sounded like.
                I would prefer Irving as well, but Excella isn't a deal-breaker. Maybe Irving will even turn up...there're still 2 characters left to be revealed (if they haven't been revealed already; which they probably have).

Perhaps Excella will have a nice catch-phrase to rival "Fireworks...BOOM," but I doubt it. Ah Irving...such a likable goof.

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                Dear God... we are getting NEW shit for a game that perfectly couldn't have given us nothing (like any other RE game out there). Be grateful for once people!
                Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                  This is an insult to the fans; am I the only one who is offended? Out of all the great, classic characters Capcom could have given us (HUNK, Ada, Leon, Carlos, Krauser, secret agent Wesker, etc.) they choose the character least likely to have combat/weapons training. Seriously, I would trust Ashley with firearms over Excella - her boobs would throw off her aim.
                  I dont even want to know how you felt about the tofu survivor is you got insulted by this

Comment

I want Tofu to be the next character!

Well, can't complain... if there's not costume at all for Jill, at least she's getting two brand new episodes!-

Comment

• Anybody else remember the rumor of Excella going to be in the first batch of Mercenary characters? It also stated she'd be using a syringe-gun. Either that person was accurate, guessed right, or CAPCOM is reading forum pages for ideas... O_O (you know who released those 'rumors')

In the end, I certainly would have other characters in Mercs over Excella, but she seems fun to play with. I mean, who wouldn't want to stare at a pair of massive, delicious (joke, people), over-jiggly pixelated boobs in action during a melee-attack?

Comment

• Well she did have a persona in game, and depending on ones perspective- there was in fact a base for her being there. And if it's as simple as wanting to be Weskers, excuse my french, bitch in the new world, than that's it.

Give her a chance . If her M93R is the new Hydra, than that's a more valid reason to be pissed .
                        REALDEMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                          Dechant was actually a piece of shit character, i.e. a bad team leader who let his team get killed while crying into the headset, etc.
                          So...when your team is surprise attacked by a monster, you're not supposed to try and warn others and call for back up? Josh got his entire team killed as well, are you going to call him a poor leader too? If Dechant's team only suffered minor losses and were able to hold their own, RE5 would have been a lot different. However, RE5 isn't about common soldiers. Not everyone is a Chris Redfield or a Leon Kennedy, capable of going solo or with one other person to take out hundreds of monsters.

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                          In the end, I certainly would have other characters in Mercs over Excella, but she seems fun to play with. I mean, who wouldn't want to stare at a pair of massive, delicious (joke, people), over-jiggly pixelated boobs in action during a melee-attack?
                          Me, for one. If I wanted to stare at jiggly boobs, I'd simply look down at my own. At least then I'd be able to play with them. In all seriousness...I think we have an abundance of overly sexualized women already playable. Jill's gaping vag and bursting tits, and Sheva (tribal, folklore= nuff said) are more than enough for me.
                          Last edited by Bertha; 01-20-2010, 06:14 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• ^You kind-of got me there. Josh is a poor leader too, but at least he didn't come off as a whiner.

Dechant was whining to Kirk even before the battle ("the route is blocked, blah, blah, blah"), thus he seemed incompetent.

I see you biting at me for claiming Dechant is a POS, yet not at someone else claiming Excella is a POS. Curious...

Still, my observation that they're all devoid of characterization (or at least on par with Excella) is correct.
                            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 01-20-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                              Keep it in your pants, son.

Now that you mention it, I always wondered how those things didn't come furiously flopping out of that dress...

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                              If I wanted to stare at jiggly boobs, I'd simply look down at my own.
                              Last edited by Vector; 01-20-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                                Me, for one. If I wanted to stare at jiggly boobs, I'd simply look down at my own. At least then I'd be able to play with them. In all seriousness...I think we have an abundance of overly sexualized women already playable. Jill's gaping vag and bursting tits, and Sheva (tribal, folklore= nuff said) are more than enough for me.
                                I agree. Although I don't have a pair of my own to play with (), I wouldn't want to stare at a screen of it for a whole gameplay session (maybe I'm just not like that). I always liked female characters portrayed realistically (some aspects of Claire in RE, that one girl from Half-Life 2, forgot her name *thinking*) without them being too... Excella-like (you know, tits tits tits ass-every-now-and-then tits tits and more tits). Like somebody else mentioned here, I'd be pleased to see her wear more-covering alternate wear, alá Ada in Assignment Ada.

Comment

Working...
                                X