No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 PlayStation Move Gameplay - E3 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom did announce that the Gold Edition wasn't going to support move.
    How can you say that they're the same thing? Alternative Edition= Japan, Gold= US/EU.
    Do you really think that so many people would've downloaded the DLC if they knew about this? I can assure you that most would've gotten Gold instead.
    But hey, it's perfectly fine.
    No one is blaming them for the money we spent, we're blaming them for the lack of information that lead us to spend said money. I don't belive them when they say it's impossible to update the old RE5 to work with Move, they just don't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
      In the age of the internet, you should be backing that up with links. Can you?

Do you really think that so many people would've downloaded the DLC if they knew about this? I can assure you that most would've gotten Gold instead.
      You think people would have waited seven months and not played the DLC, just to spend $100 on motion tech, to play the new scenarios?

Comment

How can you say that they're the same thing? Alternative Edition= Japan, Gold= US/EU.
        Huh, it's just a title, it's different based on marketing and what's common in the different countries. Like the 20 or so different titles for the re-release of Silent Hill 2 - Inner Fears, Greatest Hits, Director's Cut, Saigo No Uta (whatever that means), Restless Dreams, or Resident Evil/ Biohazard - they're still the same games despite the different titles.

If Capcom USA said something about RE5 Gold, then they used that title because that's what it's called in USA, they wouldn't specify "this also includes the Japanese Alternative Edition". While differences between Jap and US releases of games happen, I don't think they planned move for Japan, but not US/PAL. That sounds ridiculous, unless you can prove otherwise!
        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I still haven't opened my Gold Edition copy, I bought all the DLC on release day.

I'm on the edge with buying Move though, I have no PS3 Eye and I would need buy a nunchuck since the though of holding the DS3 in one hand for extended periods doesn't seem appealing, especially for quick reloading.

...but that is like £90 and the other 'hardcore' games that support it are mostly shooters where you can move and shoot at the same time which is where pointer controls suddenly fail competitively.

Originally posted by Stu View Post

You think people would have waited seven months and not played the DLC, just to spend $100 on motion tech, to play the new scenarios?

Gold Edition released about a week after the last of the DLC released. Seven months?
          Last edited by Dracarys; 06-19-2010, 06:50 AM.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
            I should have known they'd release x amount of ports, before they finally release the 'were-ripping-you-off edition'...
            yeah, they also did that to RE4.. (and street fighter franchise too.)

according to wiki, though not sure if it can be trusted, AE has the Move support bundled with it while GE does not have. I read this after I bought GE, so i regreted it. (both GE and AE is sold here.) So it's good to know GE will have the move support as well for free.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
              Gold Edition released about a week after the last of the DLC released. Seven months?
              So they would spend the money on motion tech AND a new copy of the game, just for motion controls that were still seven months away?

Comment

You know, 'cause of how patching works on the PS3, it's kinda not just Capcom's fault, it's more of a platform issue

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                  I'm still wondering how he's going to get his RE5 disc to play on the Wii.
                  Lol yeah I was wondering that myself. The guy clearly got it in for me now since I got him infraction points. He got something smug to say about anything I post. Carry on though its pathetic and funny. At first I thought he was a mastermind in pissing people off but now I realise I gave him way to much credit. I think he just needs a hug. Big cuddly Stu. Awww bless his cotton socks.

Comment

Yeah. Don't. I am deeply tired of this playground bullshit I've been seeing on the forums. I'm too old and far too unpleasant.

Comment

In the age of the internet, you could also look it up yourself.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/22/re...otion-control/

Comment

So i'm assuming you're just choosing to ignore the large part that says "Of course, that doesn't answer if the already demoed Motion Controller support will still be a component of the Japanese "Alternative Edition" release, whether that support will be patched into any or all of the retail and DLC releases upon the arrival of the Motion Controller in the Fall".

You're right. I could've looked it up for myself. But it would've been a waste of time since according to your "evidence", Capcom didn't say anything of the sort.

Comment

"Capcom has not announced any compatibility between Sony's motion controller and Resident Evil 5 in North America."
                          This is the main point not what you quoted. They never said a thing regarding Move support until now, 3 months after the release of DLC+GE.
                          Are you telling me that they just came up with the idea this week?
                          They said only GE is going to get the update for Move because it was designed to work with it... then how could they even tell us 3 months ago that they haven't announced anything regarding the compatibility?
                          They never advertized Gold Edition in that sense, it was simply a glorified version of RE5 with all the DLC in one package.
                          If Gold Edition was indeed designed to work with Move, why not come out and tell us when it was released? They actually did that with Alternative Edition back at TGS.

Comment

They never advertized Gold Edition in that sense, it was simply a glorified version of RE5 with all the DLC in one package.
                            If Gold Edition was indeed designed to work with Move, why not come out and tell us when it was released? They actually did that with Alternative Edition back at TGS.
                            Because when they announced it back in September 09, Arc/Move wasn't delayed. Why announce it again when Gold Edition is just Alternative Edition for the western market?
                            Next time, look up the history in the series of different subtitles for many of the games:

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis/Biohazard 3: Last Escape
                            Resident Evil Survivor/Biohazard Gun Survivor
                            Resident Evil Survivor 2 CODE: Veronica/Gun Survivor 2: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
                            Resident Evil: Dead Aim/Gun Survivor 4: Biohazard Heroes Never Die

Comment

RE5 on wii? LOL what will they think of next. :p
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-19-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                                Resident Evil Survivor/Biohazard Gun Survivor
                                Didn't the Japanese version also have the subtitle "Behind the mask" (or something along those lines), or was that axed when the game was released?

Comment

Working...
                                X