Bandai Announces Resident Evil : Card Deck Building Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandai Announces Resident Evil : Card Deck Building Game

At Gen Con, Bandai announced a new Resident Evil Card Building game that will feature 250 cards and retail for 30$. It's scheduled to come out the week of Holloween. A video interview related to this announcement can be seen here, and a preview image of the card set can be seen here. High resolution Chris Redfield card image after the jump.

Bandai's Resident Evil Card Game, thanks to Red-Jackal.

Again, thanks to Red-Jackal for the heads up.

Last edited by A-J; 08-17-2010, 03:46 AM.

Comment

BSAA Chris against the Remake Main Hall? FOOLS! You're evil has not gone unspotted!

On a more serious note, looks vaguely interesting. Might grab some.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        BSAA Chris against the Remake Main Hall? FOOLS! You're evil has not gone unspotted!

On a more serious note, looks vaguely interesting. Might grab some.
        Yeah I thought that was a bit odd(other than being from separate titles), since Takenaka stated the TCG would cover 1-4 in terms of locations, characters, enemies etc. But there seems to be content from 5 and Darkside Chronicles as well. As long as they put behind the idea to bring the movies into the game(the two not mixing well obviously), then it should play out well.

I noticed that he mentioned players would be "exploring" the mansion as they fight the infected, and perhaps the setting would change as expansions come out. So it makes me wonder if the playing board would reflect the locations somehow.

Comment

i am looking forward for these...

Comment

Id prefer just a straight up trading card set. Ahwell, ill definately pick up some of the cards, especially the Nemesis card!

Comment

Well, I'm not one for card games, but I definitely want to collect these. Even though all the character ones are just renders thrown against a simple card design, I think there's something really quite appealing about the setup. Claire! Ammo! Merchant! Fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
                Well, I'm not one for card games, but I definitely want to collect these. Even though all the character ones are just renders thrown against a simple card design, I think there's something really quite appealing about the setup. Claire! Ammo! Merchant! Fun.
                One thing I really would have liked would be new artworks on the cards, rather than re-using the same old renders... It would definately make me consider.

Not sure if I'll bite on this. Although the card sets aren't random, the fact that in the video on the official website talks about an 18th expansion to their Naruto game makes me think that committing to this could be quite expensive...
                Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 08-17-2010, 08:46 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Zombies. Gotta Catch 'Em All. Oh wait...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

This looks cool since I'm a huge fan of trading card games. I'll probably pick some up upon release (or ask for them for Christmas).

Comment

I've been waiting for this to happen for a very long time.

"I summon Leon S. Kennedy in attack mode!"
                      Last edited by Valorous; 08-17-2010, 11:53 AM. Reason: Spelling error.

Comment

'Leon's special effect: Super Awesome Ninja Secret Agent Cop - Allows him to scrub the virus from the face of the earth. Destroy all T-Virus monster's by flipping your fancy, fancy hair.'

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                          Zombies. Gotta Catch 'Em All. Oh wait...
                          I wanna be the very best...
                          Spoiler:

Yeah.....Pokehazard just wouldnt work out.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Baaah give us ps3 ported version of Outbreak 1 and 2 why make crappy resident evil cards.

Comment

Oh, sweet Jesus. It's just going to get worse and worse from here on out, isn't it? This is pathetically hilarious.

It's also hilariously pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                              X