Resident Evil: Afterlife New Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Afterlife New Clips

Several short videos have just surfaced on the internet for the upcoming Resident Evil movie. Click on the link below to view them. (Warning: contain mild spoilers)

latinoreview.com

Credit goes to revil5 for this news. IGN have just posted a video interview with Wentworth Miller regarding the movie.

Resident Evil: Afterlife Movie Head-to-Head - Wentworth Miller
    Last edited by xfactor; 08-27-2010, 08:15 AM.

Oh my god, that's laughably bad - I actually thought until now this looked to be more of the better Resident Evil movie stuff we've seen but after that I actually can't believe nothing has been learned in the filming practice.

The slow motion is absolutely laughable.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Alice's plane = Plisken's glider.

Comment

Comment

The special effects are bad bad BAD BAAAAAAAAAAD.

Comment

I loved reading the comments. Glad to see that more than just people here think the movies are shit, though after reading the little piece about the movie in Game Informer, that should have been obvious anyway.

In b4 someone bitches about people saying how bad the movies are.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by doomed View Post
              The special effects are bad bad BAD BAAAAAAAAAAD.
              They aren't done and these are not the finished clips at all. The special effects probably won't be finished until next week, like most big FX movies.

You want proof? The scene where Alice lands her plane, the green screen can still be seen in the background and it definitely doesn't have any filters on it yet (same for the other 2 clips). And no, its not a mistake. Not to mention they are all cut to remove any form of gore. Also the beginning of trailer 2, you can see the green screen behind the Japanese girl and the fight between Claire and the Executioner is different in the trailer than the BTS video from IGN.

And no, I'm not being a RE film fanboy. I wouldn't classify these films anywhere being "good". They are sometimes entertaining however. And the fact I will get to see Claire punch Alice in the face in the movie, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

At this point I feel the films aren't going too far from what RE4 and 5 are doing. So I watch the films to be entertained....though I still hate what they did in Apocalypse.

Comment

Afterlife has extreme potential to be one of the worst motherfucking movies of all time. There is not ONE THING about this movie that looks good/interesting. And the fact that it will still make millions of dollars in the box office absolutely fuckin' sickens me.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                  Afterlife has extreme potential to be one of the worst motherfucking movies of all time. There is not ONE THING about this movie that looks good/interesting. And the fact that it will still make millions of dollars in the box office absolutely fuckin' sickens me.
                  I disagree. There are several things that look like they will be fun to watch in the film. Example again, Claire BITCH SLAPS Alice.....IN THE FACE.

I highly doubt it will be one of the "worst movies of all time". That phrase is thrown around WAY too much these days. Average? Tolerable? Sure, I'll give you that one. It already looks better than that mess Apocalypse and Extinction(while it was filmed better, it was kind of boring and empty).

Now if Uwe Boll were directing, yeah I'd be agreeing with you fully.

And hey, despite what people think of Paul Anderson. The first Resident Evil movie wasn't that bad.....which is the one he actually directed. Yeah AVP wasn't too hot and neither was Death Race, you win some you lose some.

Just because it says the script was written by someone, doesn't mean the person who actually directed the film didn't make changes. Look at Child's Play, Tom Holland changed Don Mancini's script from what he originally wrote. Same could have happened with Alexander Witt and Russell Mulcahy.

Comment

Originally posted by atlier00 View Post
                    They aren't done and these are not the finished clips at all. The special effects probably won't be finished until next week, like most big FX movies.

You want proof?
                    I know that this happens, I've actually done frame comparisons between different trailers of several movies to spot the progress of the effects from trailer to trailer to the final movie so I'm well aware that this often happens.

Still; they look phenomenally BAD to my eyes.

Comment

Paul Anderson will never directorially top Mortal Kombat, which had decentish if slow choreography, really good cinematography on many of the island locations and a certain amount of restriction of sillyness. This trailer has slow motion for slow motions sake, the usual level of 3D I cannot stand "ooooh something moving toward the camera!!!!!" and it's just mindnumbing. Say what you will of Resident Evil 5, but the cutscenes were directed considerably better than what you've just watched here.

THAT SAID, I am looking forward to Anderson's shot for shot remake of the Chris/Wesker/Sheva fight that happens in Resident Evil 5, the one where it starts with Wesker's glasses being thrown at Chris - Anderson has stated it's a massive challenge stringing all the shots together as they simply can't get a camera in the places they could in the game, so I look forward to seeing how he managed it.

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                        Paul Anderson will never directorially top Mortal Kombat, which had decentish if slow choreography, really good cinematography on many of the island locations and a certain amount of restriction of sillyness.
                        I couldn't agree more. The movie has simple charm... not sure if it's Cage's one-liners, the music, the atmosphere, or Raiden's horrible acting... or all of the above. Plus, the movie didn't stray too far from the game... apparently Anderson didn't learn his lesson with that one.

Originally posted by atlier00 View Post
                        And the fact I will get to see Claire punch Alice in the face in the movie, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
                        Yeah, but it's alternate-universe Claire, who is nowhere near as awesome as the authentic Claire. Although alternate-universe Jill never bothered me.
                        Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 08-27-2010, 04:28 PM.
                        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          LOL You reminded me of Harry Knowles there. He complains about how the current generation is so willing to accept and support craptacular films. And he wonders when this generation will finally support something worth being a fan of.

However, I don't believe it's just this generation that has bad taste in films. Because I happen to know a lot of Generation X'ers that are fans of Michael Bay's Transformer flicks.
                          Last edited by Pikminister; 08-27-2010, 04:50 PM.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

I suppose the thing with Jill was she was allowed to have moments where she became the character - such as the slow walk through the Church in the dark (which is the most Resident Evil the movie series has ever been allowed to be).

Claire in Extinction is so far from who she actually is she is ClaireINO. I hope Wentworth Miller can at least channel some of Chris, he actually looks decent in the part.

Comment

Wow, the music placement in those clips was just awful. Awful, I tell you. Talk about anti-climatic.

Comment

Working...
                              X