Milla Jovovich on RE Fanboys & RE Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
    I can't stop laughing, Jill was introduced in the game like... "HI! I'M JILL, MASTER OF UNLOCKING! I have a big chest, I can unlock doors and I wear a beret. Barry assists me." Not a very complicated backstory to summarize.
    Not to mention that we were suppose to believe she was in the Delta force. If you read up on her birth date, then on how she joined the DF and when she was discharged, it just doesn't add up.

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
    They don't really hate her, she isn't meeting up to alot of peoples' expectations and that's why they find her obnoxious. No one's stopping her from getting professional level dramatic training (and basic music lessons) to be sexy AND competent.
    And nobody is forcing ppl to see these films either.

The gazillion I mentioned previously, seem to want MOAR of it. Since they've made the franchise one of Sony's big successes.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
      Almost every single primary character from the video games is overshadowed by Alice, and that's what bothers me.
      Agreed. I think that's what bothers most of us about the movies, too.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I still want Milla Jovovich to play in the RE sequels. If they cast in Megan Fox, that ain't resident evil anymore. that's resident dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by hebotick View Post
          I still want Milla Jovovich to play in the RE sequels. If they cast in Megan Fox, that ain't resident evil anymore. that's resident dumbass.
          ...When they cast Milla it wasn't Resident Evil either, hell it wasn't Resident Evil to begin with.

Comment

Thing is, Anderson can be a good director. Event Horizon is testament to this, as I'm sure many of you here will agree.
            Well given his resume I can't really say there's THAT much potential. Event Horizon might be entertaining, but as far as the sci-fi genre goes it's not like people are giving it that much praise.

His reputation is dampened with ruining other franchises. Whether it's adapting Resident Evil or Mortal Kombat to remaking Death Race. The man seems to be a fan of Ridley Scott and James Cameron yet forgot the fundamental aspects of what made their Alien films so great. So it's no surprise that when he managed to direct Alien vs. Predator he made another bad movie.

His writing is much worse than his directing, however if Paul continues to produce and direct his films in 3-D then I'd suggest he improve more on that front. As we've seen with Afterlife a majority of the movie was slow-mo and almost all the effects looked too fake for 3D. There was also an annoying amount of fade outs that left me unsure as to what he was going for.

I admit I chuckled at the idea that Paul is directing The "3-D" Musketeers with Milla in the lead of course. I wish them well on that series because I'd rather see Paul shift to a series I could care less about. Apologies to fans of the Musketeers.
            Last edited by Smiley; 01-19-2011, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
              Paul W.S. Anderson?
              I'm pretty sure the statement was referring to Milla.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                - Regarding the fans backlash, she talks about how there are like 15 people in the world that passionately hates her. When she tell them to write the script themselves instead, she claims that these people will then argue and disagree themselves.
                Ironic that she would say that since the majority of Anderson's screenplays are on par with most fan fics. He is a good director but a very average writer. He has made a career out of capitalizing on others properties.

Comment

Originally posted by veronesis View Post
                  Ironic that she would say that since the majority of Anderson's screenplays are on par with most fan fics. He is a good director but a very average writer. He has made a career out of capitalizing on others properties.
                  He's a poor director and a worse writer sez I. How many of his stories ever actually have an ending? He's like the M.Night Shymalan of cliffhangers. But instead of 'What a twist!' we always end up with 'It isn't over'.

RE: Alice is alone in Raccoon city after the virus outbreak. IT ISNT OVER!

RE2:Alice is rescued by Carlos and Jill and now has super powers. IT ISNT OVER!

RE3:Alice declares war on the executives of Umbrella with her clones. IT ISNT OVER.

RE4: Despite the world being pretty much destroyed a remote controlled Jill gives a lame speech to a bunch of umbrella soldiers just before they're going to launch an attack. IT ISNT OVER!

AVP: The alien pops out of the dead predators body and is ready to kill just as they're leaving earth IT ISNT OVER!

I think my sarcasm has peaked, so I'll stop here . Yes I know Event Horizion, Death Race, and Soldier all have endings. but thats only 3 of his films that actually have some kind of conclusion against the other 5 and I know it wont stop at 5.
                  Last edited by Wrathborne; 01-20-2011, 02:32 AM.

Comment

He's got to keep things open ended, if he didn't then he would run out of franchises to leech from.

Mr. Anderson's career would be over, not to mention ours too.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

He's got to keep things open ended, if he didn't then he would run out of franchises to leech from.

Mr. Anderson's career would be over, not to mention ours too.
                      This is Hollywood, they'll never run out of shit to make a movie about. They're spending 200 fucking million on making a battleship film...Battleship, the fucking board game.

Comment

Excuse me, Battleship?

Are you kidding?
                        See you in hell.

Comment

Excuse me, Battleship?

Are you kidding?
                          Nope. Apparently not.

It even stars Rihanna!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              He's a poor director and a worse writer sez I. How many of his stories ever actually have an ending? He's like the M.Night Shymalan of cliffhangers. But instead of 'What a twist!' we always end up with 'It isn't over'.

RE: Alice is alone in Raccoon city after the virus outbreak. IT ISNT OVER!

RE2:Alice is rescued by Carlos and Jill and now has super powers. IT ISNT OVER!

RE3:Alice declares war on the executives of Umbrella with her clones. IT ISNT OVER.

RE4: Despite the world being pretty much destroyed a remote controlled Jill gives a lame speech to a bunch of umbrella soldiers just before they're going to launch an attack. IT ISNT OVER!

AVP: The alien pops out of the dead predators body and is ready to kill just as they're leaving earth IT ISNT OVER!

I think my sarcasm has peaked, so I'll stop here . Yes I know Event Horizion, Death Race, and Soldier all have endings. but thats only 3 of his films that actually have some kind of conclusion against the other 5 and I know it wont stop at 5.

Mortal Kombat was a cliffhanger too with Earthrealm being invaded despite the entire movie being about winning the tournament and stopping it, which they did. He may have only directed that though.

...and I actually like that movie, but mostly because I don't care for the MK story or characters, which were butchered.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                                Not to mention that we were suppose to believe she was in the Delta force. If you read up on her birth date, then on how she joined the DF and when she was discharged, it just doesn't add up.
                                Those are details that hardly matter...

Comment

Working...
                                X