X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are hilarous; you made me laught so much with all your jokes lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
      Well, his status still hasn't been confirmed one way or the other. There's nothing in Archives 2 or even UC Side B to elaborate on.
      RE: Survivor is mentioned in RE0, so it's canon.

In Survivor, which takes place after RE3, there is a file written by Nicholai and dated after Raccoon City's destruction. So he's alive.

Comment

Apparently, the file is a translation screw up. The part dated after Raccoon City was written by someone else, at least in the Japanese text (and for these kinda things it's the Japanese text that matters). But I personally thin Nicholai is most likely alive.

Comment

It is. Officially the post dated Oct 6th on that file is written by B.O.W. Development Staff and not Nicholai.
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            It's Resident Evil Z, now.... nobody really dies. They just get STRONGER!!!!

Albert Wesker Super Saiyan Level 5 or whatever.
            IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I can understand Douglas wanting to reprise the role, but Wesker really needs to stay dead this time. He really should have never been resurrected in the first place, but that's neither here nor there.

Personally, I hope we don't even see Wesker show up in any prequel titles. He doesn't have to be shoehorned into every event in the series. He's already been retconned into enough as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                I can understand Douglas wanting to reprise the role, but Wesker really needs to stay dead this time. He really should have never been resurrected in the first place, but that's neither here nor there.

Personally, I hope we don't even see Wesker show up in any prequel titles. He doesn't have to be shoehorned into every event in the series. He's already been retconned into enough as it is.
                That's a very good point Archelon. I agree with you there. But since that the TV Tropes & Idioms website associates Wesker with the Joker Immunity trope, I pretty much think (... in my mind ...) that Capcom is most likely to shoehorn him in the prequels, due to his popularity.

But that's just me anyway.

Comment

Well we can already confirm he is not in Revelations, at least DC Douglas' incarnation anyway.
                  "I've got 100 cows."
                  "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post

I agree 100%.
                    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

On one hand I think he should stay dead, on the other hand I want him brought back so he can be killed by the right pairing and not some shoehorned side character which kind of ruined a long in the making story.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I can't help but think that it should have been Chris alone to kill Wesker, in fact I think RE5 would have been better as a single player game. But no, they have to bring in co-op and shoehorn that in, and throw in some dismissive tale of "partnership".

I think Jill should have stayed dead, with Chris being the last surviving member of S.T.A.R.S, going on some suicide mission to take down Wesker to avenge his comrades. He knows his chances are slim and that the odds are stacked against him, but he goes through with it regardless.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          I can't help but think that it should have been Chris alone to kill Wesker, in fact I think RE5 would have been better as a single player game. But no, they have to bring in co-op and shoehorn that in, and throw in some dismissive tale of "partnership".

I think Jill should have stayed dead, with Chris being the last surviving member of S.T.A.R.S, going on some suicide mission to take down Wesker to avenge his comrades. He knows his chances are slim and that the odds are stacked against him, but he goes through with it regardless.
                          Agreed. The impact of that would have been incredibly powerful, and it would have added some very impressive realism to the story. I think I would've even shed a tear at the end of the game.

Comment

The problem would have been killing off Jill. If it was just, 'Oh yeah. She died. Sucks' like it was in the game no one would have cared. And I don't expect Capcom could write out a character if there bank balance depended on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post

The sad thing is, in one of the original plans for the game, Jill could actually die for real depending on the choices you made. Would that have been the canon ending? Unlikely, but at the very least it would have been a nice throwback to RE1 where your choices actually mattered, and it certainly would have added more emotion and, dare I say, depth to the final battle with Wesker.

Honestly, though, the thing that bothered me more than the fact that Jill wasn't actually dead, was the copout that was the P30 chemical. Before RE5 was released, I thought maybe Wesker had injected Jill with a plaga parasite, and that was how he was controlling her. I think it certainly would have been more effective than creating something entirely new that conveniently had no negative residual effects whatsoever once the device was removed. At least with the plaga, there was the possibility that Jill might die during the process of removing it or destroying it. Did I actually think she would die in the process? No, of course not, but I think it would have added a greater sense of urgency to the proceedings.

It also would have made for a more interesting plot point. Just how would you remove the plaga from Jill without the use of the special radiation chair from RE4? Or maybe that could have been how she died. If you didn't remove the plaga properly, it killed her. Perhaps there could have been an optional quest where you had to gather materials and/or equipment in order to remove it without killing her. If you gathered everything, you would save her. If not, she died.

But that's obviously just a pipe dream.
                              Last edited by Archelon; 02-04-2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I can't help but wonder what RE5 would have been like if the developers hadn't looked around and announced, 'Co-op is what we need! All the cool games are doing it!' I dunno if the choices would have stayed in, but I can't help but feel the game might have been better.

Comment

Working...
                                X