No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it says that there's a picture of a zombie being used as a "meat shield" lol why have we not seen this picture yet
    "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• If all Capcom is going to do is rehash old ideas and keep going back in time rather than moving forward with the series, then I really do hope Resident Evil 6 is a genuine reboot that has little to no ties to previous games. Maybe just the BSAA and Tricell, but that's it.

I don't mind seeing the return of old Umbrella BOWs, in fact I welcome it, but do something new with them. Place them in a new environment. It's not like you had to be in Raccoon City to encounter them.

No, you know what?

I don't even care about any lingering plot threads anymore. Resident Evil 6 can have absolutely nothing to do with previous games in the series for all I care. Just do something new, but more importantly, do something original. I want Resident Evil to define genres again, not play catchup and blindly follow the herd.

Okay, now I'm done.
      Last edited by Archelon; 03-25-2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Idk it seems good that it's Raccoon City although the enemies will be in the same setting they will probably be very different. In old RE games most of them were restricted by the invisible barriers of the game and could pretty much only come at you straightforward. I see Hunter's leaping on walls and onto fire-escapes and show the actual "intelligence" that made the Hunter program so wanted in the first place

as for moving forward I think Capcom is waiting for Damnation to come out first

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
          Idk it seems good that it's Raccoon City although the enemies will be in the same setting they will probably be very different. In old RE games most of them were restricted by the invisible barriers of the game and could pretty much only come at you straightforward. I see Hunter's leaping on walls and onto fire-escapes and show the actual "intelligence" that made the Hunter program so wanted in the first place
          That's assuming Slant Six is a competent enough developer to even make that happen.

Comment

• True I haven't played a Slant Six game so I'm in the dark as to what they're capable of

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              If all Capcom is going to do is rehash old ideas and keep going back in time rather than moving forward with the series, then I really do hope Resident Evil 6 is a genuine reboot that has little to no ties to previous games. Maybe just the BSAA and Tricell, but that's it.

I don't mind seeing the return of old Umbrella BOWs, in fact I welcome it, but do something new with them. Place them in a new environment. It's not like you had to be in Raccoon City to encounter them.

No, you know what?

I don't even care about any lingering plot threads anymore. Resident Evil 6 can have absolutely nothing to do with previous games in the series for all I care. Just do something new, but more importantly, do something original. I want Resident Evil to define genres again, not play catchup and blindly follow the herd.

Okay, now I'm done.
              Pretty much starting to agree. I'd rather see the games connected to the old ones, but Capcom has to move the series along, somehow. It's the one thing that bugged me about Dead Space...we got a game about Aegis VII, then a comic about the incident there, then a movie about it...and then another game about it. Milking something just makes the whole thing suck. And by God, Capcom is a master of the milking machine.

Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
              Idk it seems good that it's Raccoon City although the enemies will be in the same setting they will probably be very different. In old RE games most of them were restricted by the invisible barriers of the game and could pretty much only come at you straightforward. I see Hunter's leaping on walls and onto fire-escapes and show the actual "intelligence" that made the Hunter program so wanted in the first place
              This is all true, but there's no reason it couldn't be Kitten City or some such.

Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
              as for moving forward I think Capcom is waiting for Damnation to come out first
              They shouldn't be. That's a spinoff, and add on. The games are where the main development should be, but so far all the games are remakes, prequels or Mercs. Besides, at this stage at least the plot of Damnation should be done. Capcom should know where the movie's leading them. If they still don't then they have a real problem.

Comment

• Lol true it could be Kitty City but I'm guessing that the idea of running around as strange operatives (Bertha wtf o_O) totally different gameplay from any previous RE entry they needed maybe one thing that brought familiarity to the game while monsters would do, the looming presence of Raccoon City would definitely bring some nostalgia.

Don't forget Revelations i know a lot of people are discrediting it and not paying much attention to it because it's a handheld but maybe that's a start of what's to come, or Capcom isn't really thinking RE6 at the present moment

Comment

• I haven't forgotten about Revelations, but it has two things working against it at this point (in my opinion, anyway):

1) It's a prequel.

2) From the looks of the trailer, it has yet another replica of the mansion.

Comment

• I thought it was a boat with a lavish decor that resembled the interior of the Titanic.
                    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                    sigpic

Comment

• ok we cna add
                      bloody-disgusting.com
                      the-magicbox.com

to sites covering this game now but both show either screenshots from the movies or resident evil darkside chronicles screenshots. so its not a 50/50 chance of beign real

Comment

• Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                        ok we cna add
                        bloody-disgusting.com
                        the-magicbox.com

to sites covering this game now but both show either screenshots from the movies or resident evil darkside chronicles screenshots. so its not a 50/50 chance of beign real
                        I already mentioned bloody-disgusting.com here.

They claim 'Capcom confirmed" dah game Raccoon City.

But then again, they took everything from the same source, so...

I dunno.
                        Last edited by Pikminister; 03-25-2011, 12:52 PM.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                          I already mentioned bloody-disgusting.com here.

They claim 'Capcom confirmed" dah game Raccoon City.

But then again, they took everything from the same source, so...

I dunno.
                          still captain price versing nicolai volkoff is a dream that has taken my dreams by force

Comment

• No pictures yet huh? That sucks.
                            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              I haven't forgotten about Revelations, but it has two things working against it at this point (in my opinion, anyway):

1) It's a prequel.

2) From the looks of the trailer, it has yet another replica of the mansion.
                              Lol yea another mansion interior is dumb I understand RC because the games that involve it actually take place there while the mansions are different parts of the world rehashing the same design

I think a prequel is needed at times to open new story arcs re5 didn't leave much for a sequel

Comment

• If I buy the new games, I won't be playing them for story. I think 4 and 5 have destroyed the story in my opinion, so I don't play for the story. I don't care if Revelations was a prequel or a sequel. I'll play it because its "Resident Evil", not "Call of Duty".

From what I've seen, Revelations looks great, and I'm liking the sound of RE: Racoon City because it really does sound like Outbreak in a lot of ways. So I'm very eager and excited to see more from these two games.
                                Last edited by RetroRain; 03-25-2011, 03:08 PM.
                                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Working...
                                X