No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idk what to believe I mean it would be a good April fools prank by building on something already rumored about then throw a bevy of details to make the fans believe then dropping the bomb that it was fake but who knows it might just be one of those things like the rumor of Uncharted 3 in the desert months before the announcement and it turns out to be true
    "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
      Its already around noon in Japan and this story is nowhere to be seen at Famitsu or Game Watch.

However, bloody-disgusting.com mentions that the whole thing was confirmed by Capcom. Or so they claim.
      I've seen many websites/blogs claim that Capcom confirmed this but none of them have any kind of proof and most don't even link to the source which is the same one anyway.
      I think I'll just wait for scans/pics if this is real.

Comment

• Well if it is true then (rather then an April Fool's prank) ... I am definitely gonna get this game. I like the idea of playing as an Umbrella operative rather then the usual anti-BOW people we've being playing as since well ... ever.

I also like idea that we can also get the ability to kill off characters such as Leon S. Kennedy.

Since the games hints at multiple endings, I can picture one the endings in which the Umbrella Corporation actually suceeds in winning the case against the anti-BOW activists regarding Raccoon City years later, ending with all of the characters we know and love either dead or being sent to a mental home. While Umbrella continues in unknowingly assisting in Ozwell E. Spencer's plan to create a new world of an advanced race of human beings, via forced evolution using the Progenitor Virus and many others.

Comment

• I don't think this is a April Fools joke. Slant 6 has been rumored to be developing a Resident Evil game since November 2010.

These sites and many others reported this rumor back in November last year (2010)

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Stream, play, and connect with fellow gamers at Ripten.com for all things gaming. Join now for endless hours of entertainment!

I don't think OXM would use old rumors to make into April Fool jokes. Anyway if this does turn out to be a April Fools joke then I would be really surprised. However, if it is true then count me in as interested.

So a lot of Resident Evil coming out this year...

-Resident Evil Mercenaries 3DS
          -Resident Evil 4 HD
          -Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD
          -Resident Evil Revelations
          -Resident Evil Raccoon City ?

Hopefully a Resident Evil 6 announcement is next.
          Last edited by tenzor; 03-24-2011, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• If Capcom does decide to show a RE6 trailer it will most likely either be at E3 or TGS and it'll probably be like a thirty or sixty second trailer.

And then the following year will be a more developed trailer.

For some reason, I am seeing RE6 around 2013 of March if anything. I would like it sooner but something tells me they released all these other stuff to keep peope occupied until then.

Comment

• Quick everyone! Nows out chance to save Jill from getting the awful RE5 rhinoplasty! All we have to do is kill her in Raccoon city to save her!

Comment

• This one sounds pretty awesome. About time.
                Last edited by veronesis; 03-25-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Am I the only one that's smelling an early April Fools Joke?

Comment

• you know you're still abit late on this entire thing, we already know about this exact issue, we already know its in raccoon city, and we already know its another outbreak.

>_> This news isn't new its very likely old and most or half of the people already knew this was happening anyways.

how about just trying to find something more interesting like...." Get involve into real research and not lazy research " >_> You people are as bad as the ones in the MMORPG Perfect World. =/
                    Last edited by ZodiarkEclipes; 03-25-2011, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• Playing as the enemies this time? Hmm... Not sure I like that but it's a nice change I guess.

I look forward to seeing screen shots. Based on the little amount of fan fare around this game, I'm assuming it's a low-budget capcom game.

Comment

• I have no faith in this at all! XD Just putting it out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                          I think what made me suspicious about this story, aside from what you said, is that it seems just too good to be true.
                          No, definitely wasn't that that makes it suspicious

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                          Next months issues tend to be released the month before, so April's issue came out earlier this month and May's will arrive in April.
                          Originally posted by Alkar View Post
                          Apparently the April issue was released the 10th of March so this means that the May issue is 17 days away or so. I still think 2 weeks is a bit too much for this kind of leak... I usually see Famitsu leaks a week before release but not 2+ and those come with scans.
                          Are you both talking about the official mag OXM, or XBM here?

Originally posted by tenzor View Post
                          I don't think this is a April Fools joke. Slant 6 has been rumored to be developing a Resident Evil game since November 2010.
                          No one is questioning the game's existence, they're questioning all these "facts" that have been thrown out there.

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                          Am I the only one that's smelling an early April Fools Joke?
                          Yes, it hasn't come up.

Comment

• Originally posted by tenzor View Post
                            I don't think this is a April Fools joke. Slant 6 has been rumored to be developing a Resident Evil game since November 2010.

These sites and many others reported this rumor back in November last year (2010)

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Stream, play, and connect with fellow gamers at Ripten.com for all things gaming. Join now for endless hours of entertainment!

I don't think OXM would use old rumors to make into April Fool jokes. Anyway if this does turn out to be a April Fools joke then I would be really surprised. However, if it is true then count me in as interested.

So a lot of Resident Evil coming out this year...

-Resident Evil Mercenaries 3DS
                            -Resident Evil 4 HD
                            -Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD
                            -Resident Evil Revelations
                            -Resident Evil Raccoon City ?

Hopefully a Resident Evil 6 announcement is next.
                            revelations this year???

Comment

• i'll be pig sick if its fake, not cos im particually looking forward to the game, but cos i seem to always fall for it.

You guys got me with Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition, and if this is got me, *big facepalm*!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                                Are you both talking about the official mag OXM, or XBM here?
                                Well technically I'm talking about the majority of magazines (most likely including OXM) tend to release their issue in a month labeled as the upcoming one (May in April, June in May, July in June, etc. etc.). I personally don't know what day OXM is released each month though, Alkar seems to believe it's the 10th but personally I have no idea.

The only issue I have with it is if this a big story in the next issue, most mags tend to tease something in the prior issue to entice people to purchase it (akin to the French PS3 mag page teaser page that everyone was talking about previously) and that wasn't done here. Of course, as I said, an embargo on the info might be one reason for it, but also the reason this isn't true and it's a way for StickSkills to get visitors is also a possibility (although to their credit they have been around since Oct 2007 according to their archives). Won't know till the copies start hitting subscribers next month or Capcom confirms it's true I guess.

Just call me skeptical that this sounds like far too much information to have without a full copy of the article and possibly too early for the next issue if it's not due in the next week or two... but then again anything is possible.
                                Last edited by Rombie; 03-25-2011, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X