No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Playstation Magazine (French Version) has also an article.

Spoiler:

We need more scans!

Comment

• W T F This looks legit! Hunk with Leons blood... Or Leon with Hunks blood? Who wins the fight... We'll decide this winter I hope. Maybe we'll finally get a chance to PLAY the famous Hunk's team RC lab invasion or their fight against William in the sewers.

Comment

• Well I guess that "legend of horror" was indeed correct to Resident Evil, from their previous issue they hinted to, and now this game can be fully confirmed. It feels good when you relied on your instincts, even how bizarre this is, for this to be true. I bet that site had an insider release that information who was under an embargo.

And here we go! Officialy comfirmed

London, UK– March 28, 2011 – Capcom® a leading worldwide developer and publisher of videogames, today announced Resident Evil™: Operation Raccoon City, is in development for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. In addition it was also confirmed that the forthcoming Nintendo 3DS title, Resident Evil™: The Mercenaries 3D,will ship with a playable demo of Resident Evil Revelations.

Resident Evilâ„¢: Operation Raccoon City is a collaboration between Capcom and Vancouver based studio Slant 6 Games and is scheduled for release this Winter. Since the launch of the first title 15 years ago the Resident Evil series has enjoyed phenomenal success, selling over 45 million units worldwide to date. This latest offering will take the series in a completely new direction and offer a style of gameplay yet to be seen from the franchise.

Resident Evil™: Operation Raccoon City delivers a true third person team based shooter experience set within the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe and a reinterpretation of the events depicted in Resident Evil™ 2 and Resident Evil™ 3. The setting of the Resident Evil universe not only provides a rich backdrop to the action but delivers a unique and thrilling triple threat battle. Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W’s) add to the mix as players not only compete against an opposing squad but also tackle this third unpredictable element, creating a brand new style of gameplay and breaking the conventions of traditional team based shooters.

It is September 1998 and the action centres once more on the ill-fated Raccoon City and the horrific consequences of the deadly T-virus outbreak from the Umbrella facility. With a cover up required, Umbrella orders an elite team into Raccoon City to destroy all evidence of the outbreak and eliminate any survivors. Hearing of this plan, the US Government dispatches its own special forces to uncover any evidence that exposes the cause of the viral infection and Umbrella’s actions. Players take on the role of an Umbrella Security Services soldier (U.S.S.), competing alone or in four player co-op in a battle against all the competing forces at play in Raccoon City.

Expect the return of original Resident Evil enemies, iconic landmarks such as the Raccoon City Police Department and fan favourite characters, including Leon S. Kennedy, who as a rookie police officer in Raccoon City is on your hit list to eliminate. Players will experience a retelling of classic moments from past titles Resident Evilâ„¢ 2 and Resident Evilâ„¢ 3 and watch the events unfolding from the menacing perspective of the Umbrella Security Service, giving fans the chance to rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak.

In addition, Resident Evil™: Operation Raccoon City will deliver a number of competitive online multiplayer modes. Each one of these will provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the three way combat between the Umbrella Security Service, US Special Ops and threat of zombies and B.O.W’s that could only exist in the deadly and twisted Resident Evil Universe.

Purchasers of Resident Evil™: The Mercenaries 3D, scheduled for release in the coming months, will get a taste of the horror to come thanks to the addition of a playable demo of Resident Evil™ Revelations. Set on board an ocean liner, the demo lets players take control of one of the full game’s characters, Jill Valentine, as she explores the ship’s dark interior, killing any mysterious creatures that emerge from the shadows. A brand new title built from the ground up for the Nintendo 3DS, further details on Resident Evil™ Revelations will be revealed at this year’s E3.
        PC version bitches! Double Dip day -1 comfirmed
        Last edited by Zombie Fred; 03-28-2011, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Great news now the people who kept calling it fake will wake up and smell the coffee
          "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• AHAHAH what did i say its all real !!!! to all the haters I laugh at you gaga !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
              Great news now the people who kept calling it fake will wake up and smell the coffee
              Doesnt mean it wont be shit. I dont like the sound of it, or some other company making it But thats just me.

Comment

• Canada is a lovely place with great folk. With Capcom supervision the title will be fine (or at least up to a certain quality).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
                  Great news now the people who kept calling it fake will wake up and smell the coffee
                  I can smell it!!!!

Seriously that's unexpected to me. It's good they confirmed that RE2 and RE3 locales and events will return. William and Nemesis are practically confirmed by this cuz they are integral to the events of RE2 and RE3. And it's THIRD PERSON not FPS! Thank god.

Comment

• Well this certainly is a surprise! Nice to hear that we're finally going back to Raccoon City, and its pretty neat that we can actually kill characters off and change the storyline. It's kinda ironic as well, since the night before this was announced, I was talking to my friend about how I wish they made a game like the Dark Biohazard mod, where you could kill off the characters and just have a very dark game... Seems like part of my wishes came true...

Still, I have some concern. For some reason, whenever I read new information about this, it seems that I just picture Call of Duty in my head in third person, except placed in Raccoon City with a few zombies/B.O.W.s placed here and there... I really hope that's not the case. I don't want to be encountering more soldiers with guns rather than zombies. However I will say if you can play as a Tyrant/Hunter, I will buy it either way.

Comment

• Images.

The other two: XBOX USA and FPS have already been shown and comfirmed.
                      Last edited by Zombie Fred; 03-28-2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• Yay, third-person.

Though I know a few people over at RE4/5 PC Modding would be rubbing their hands in glee... I know as soon as the PC version is out there's going to be a few people working at modifying it. Could lead to some good things in that regard of remaking a few of the older sections' of the classics.

I do actually wonder as to what direction they may go if this turns out to be a decent game.

Though... I have to say, about fucking time for zombies and B.O.W.s again. Regardless of whether or not it's another trip back to Raccoon - I do hope that we can see a lot more in terms of Umbrella's involvement in the background instead of following paths' that we've already seen in-game or know of due to info in the Japanese books/guides.

[Edit] That first image makes me think of Repo! The Genetic Opera, I must admit. Though, the designs do look rather interesting. I like how the coat is somewhat similar to the one Nemesis had.
                        Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-28-2011, 06:47 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Non-blurry Signature Version
                        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• I wonder if they will take a note from REmake and include Crimson heads in the game. It certainly would fit the game and can make sense with the increased exposure to the T-Virus within Raccoon City.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                            Still not evidence from anyone except this nobody site then? Fake.
                            REITERATED FOR CURRENT HILARITY.

Hey, anyone that was calling it a fake, feel free to let me know and i'll hook you up with the StickSkills contact details!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                              Images.

The other two: XBOX USA and FPS have already been shown and comfirmed.
                              I'm digging the logo but the characters ehhh not so much.

Comment

• DANISH PIC NIIIICE !!! OH YEAH !!

Comment

Working...
                                X