• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
    so. much. potencial.
    There really is.

Comment

• I think a tutorial level is more likely.

Comment

• Out of all of the images, this one reminds me the most of Outbreak.

I'm excited to see a video!
        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Well I hope RE2 is only one part of the game and that RE3 gets some love. I'd be happy with only Nemesis. I guess we'll figure out why the US government is so interested in Leon. He surely is getting lots of attention for being a rookie.

Comment

• HOLY SHIT!!! FUCKING WIN!

Comment

• Just incase any of you didn't know, there are screenshots here:

And more on here:

Comment

• So, this is pretty much the RE many fans wanted for years; me included.

Comment

• Anyone else here hoping that Yoko, Kevin, and other Outbreak characters would make cameo appearances?

Comment

• Anyone want to take a punt at who Leon's mystery partner might be?

Spec Ops seems to be the most logical based on what we have!

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                    Anyone else here hoping that Yoko, Kevin, and other Outbreak characters would make cameo appearances?
                    Yes. With achievements for each one slaughtered as a tongue in cheek nod towards those who've pestered Capcom for so long.
                    Last edited by Stu; 03-28-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                      Yes. With achievements for each one slaughtered as a tongue in cheek nod towards those who've pestered Capcom for so long.
                      Haha.

The best part about this game, is that it is still a work-in-progress, and as you know with Capcom, things could change at anytime. They could easily add more "playable" characters like Yoko, Kevin, and change the name to Outbreak File #3. ANYTHING can change in game development, and Capcom is known for making BIG changes during development.

This is a very exciting time for Resident Evil, and this game.

Comment

• Again, the Outbreak characters would be great additions perhaps for DLC further down the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                          Again, the Outbreak characters would be great additions perhaps for DLC further down the line.
                          Of course, I agree with you. I'm just saying, when you see how big this game is with the information we've been given, what is really seperating it from Outbreak? You still have to survive the BOWs while destroying evidence, so this could easily be changed to "Outbreak."
                          Last edited by RetroRain; 03-28-2011, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Shit. S H I T. I'm in heaven. We are going back to RC! But what about seeing MR X before deployment to RC? A return to Sheena island is on its way? Or we are gonna finally see Beccas fate at the hands of Umbrella?

Comment

• Holy shit. What I like the most of this is the possibility of altering the timeline. Which eventually could lead to alternate universes... And also multiplayer! Sweeeeeeeet.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                                Like I said a few pages back, if people can just get past the "OMG THIS IS NOT REALISTIC" aspect of this and embrace the fact that it's a non-canon spin-off that puts us back in Raccoon City, fighting zombies and just having some co-op fun...this game looks like it can be absolutely awesome. But no. People would rather get hung up on shit like stealth camo.

Just have some fuckin' fun with this, guys. That's what the focus is here. No terrible storyline, no shoddy attempt at old school survival horror -- just fun. Not just fun, fun in Raccoon City, knee-deep in the mythology of Resident Evil. BOW's and zombies. That's it. Chew on it. It tastes good if you let it.

Of course, this game will rely on gameplay more than most others, since it seems to be the focus. I'm excited to see it in action.
                                You just posted the argument for the movies. That so long as you don't let little things like realism and story get in the way, you'll enjoy it. And that is kinda what worries me about this game.

Alright, I'm gonna be honest. I wanna be excited. I really want to like this game. But I don't like action games. I just don't enjoy them very much. I don't even own L4D yet. I've seen a few mentions of them bringing back horror, but we've all heard THAT song before. Capcom say it like it means something, but it's like the cheating spouse asuring there other half they'll change while planning on who to bang the next night.

I just can't get excited for this game. Maybe I'm just an utterly miserable bastard, but I find it astounding how many of you fine folk are so excited for the game given how many times Capcom's produced a game that's just no fun. Especially given the ammount of flack I've seen directed at Capcom recently.

I mean, you folks do remember this thread right? There's a lot of negative feeling there. I'm really surprised at how...positive the reaction has been. Given it's a few pages of a magazine and some screenshots, anyway.

I dunno. For now, I'm trying to hold off on my judgement. There just isn't enough information, and knowing Capcom half of what we know NOW will be cut or changed by release. I want to at least see some gameplay footage before I get excited. This has a lot of potential...but so did RE4, RE5 and the Chronicles series. They wasted a lot of that potential. With the vast mishmash of random elements in this one, I'm not sure they're going to do this very well.

Back to your regularly scheduled rejoicing, peons. But if this all turns out badly, I demand you worship me as the Prophet Of Doom I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X