No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...about that "third force," I could have read this wrong, but did they say that BOWs would be playable? I mean, if L4D may have been something of an inspiration, what's stopping them? Also, consider how well implemented it was in Dead Space 2.

...honestly, I just want to claw a bitch as a hunter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thanatos-R View Post
      Wow we see BERTHA finally... With a saw? ... At least no sticking Umbrella logos. Last member reminds me of Cleaners from Survivors or Golems from PE2.
      To me he looks like No.9 from PE2, the only Golem that can speak. Man I hope this game is not a wash.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I think they are in pretty deep for it to be a wash at this point in time. Unless your speaking from the gamer prospective and not dev. If that's the case I'm with you on that, it looks downright sick at this point, to mess it up now could cause some massive hate.

Comment

• cool! i have been waiting for this for a long time.what i like most about this is it's multi-player,very sweet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            You just posted the argument for the movies. That so long as you don't let little things like realism and story get in the way, you'll enjoy it. And that is kinda what worries me about this game.

Alright, I'm gonna be honest. I wanna be excited. I really want to like this game. But I don't like action games. I just don't enjoy them very much. I don't even own L4D yet. I've seen a few mentions of them bringing back horror, but we've all heard THAT song before. Capcom say it like it means something, but it's like the cheating spouse asuring there other half they'll change while planning on who to bang the next night.

I just can't get excited for this game. Maybe I'm just an utterly miserable bastard, but I find it astounding how many of you fine folk are so excited for the game given how many times Capcom's produced a game that's just no fun. Especially given the ammount of flack I've seen directed at Capcom recently.

I mean, you folks do remember this thread right? There's a lot of negative feeling there. I'm really surprised at how...positive the reaction has been. Given it's a few pages of a magazine and some screenshots, anyway.

I dunno. For now, I'm trying to hold off on my judgement. There just isn't enough information, and knowing Capcom half of what we know NOW will be cut or changed by release. I want to at least see some gameplay footage before I get excited. This has a lot of potential...but so did RE4, RE5 and the Chronicles series. They wasted a lot of that potential. With the vast mishmash of random elements in this one, I'm not sure they're going to do this very well.

Back to your regularly scheduled rejoicing, peons. But if this all turns out badly, I demand you worship me as the Prophet Of Doom I am.
            Getting excited for new games is the natural cicle of things, I think. After all, if we are here, we are still fans of this series... In some level.

I'm excited for this game because of it's features... A Raccoon City with best graphics, darker, full of Umbrella monsters... I waited too long to blow up some zombies for real, not in on-rails. The character's may be not this great, but they serve to it's purpose: being soldiers and kill monsters/people. Watch Leon, and later Chris and Jill become super bad ass soldiers was sad to me, but this guys are just this. They were trained in freaking Rockfort Island!

I don't hope this much for a game being good since RE5... But this one is sounding good. I don't expect that this reveals to be a horror master piece... I know that it's almost impossible. But it's said that is a team based third person shooter, so I will not expect more than this.

My actual thougth is that can be fun, so why not give it a chance? They will do it anyway....
            Last edited by Davi Redfield; 03-28-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• still i want my BBP (Bertha Beard Punch) but the chances for DLC is way to enticing. think about it. RE2 remade with the tools. RE3, hell if the PC version gets mod tools imagine the friggin fan community...oh god dominions gonna remake dark biohazard!

Comment

• I will be getting this game once it hits Aussie shelves. I personally like the idea of playing as somebody from Umbrella for once, rather than the usual anti-Umbrella people we usually play as. I also like the idea that I can "change RE history" in this game such as destroying evidence and killing off well-known RE characters such as Leon S. Kennedy. (Personally I hope this upcoming game can also give players the opportunity to kill off other RE characters as well who are present in Raccoon City when the T-Virus broke out, such as Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Ada Wong, etc., but that's just me.)

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                Again, the Outbreak characters would be great additions perhaps for DLC further down the line.
                Agreed.

Comment

• It'd be awesome if the multiplayer maps were located from areas other than Raccoon City. Maybe have the Spencer Mansion/Labs/Garden from Bio1 all in one map. A map dedicated to Code Veronica as well as Gun Survivor or even Zero. Even Outbreak areas would be welcomed.

If you are able to play as B.O.W.'s I would dive into the role of the Licker. I want to reign death from above in the shadows! Even as Hunter I would love to rip off someones head. I'd also like it if in multiplayer that if you died you could come back as a Zombie and perhaps turn into a Crimson Head. Man the potential is there.

I would like nothing more than busting a cap in Leon one-liner spewing ass. Man even taking out Jill or Claire would be cool.

Man hopefully in MP they will let you play as a bunch of RE characters. Just think of Chris, Jill, Leon, and Claire on one team then having the U.B.C.S on the other and then having B.O.W.'s as well!
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                    I am sure the music will be composed by Capcom Japan for this title also. Hope Bio Medley make an apperance once again.
                    I wouldn't be surprised, it actually makes me wonder as if I recall correctly - around about the time RE: Raccoon City was announced Seiko Kobuchi (composer for Zero) and Yoshiki Sandou "D.J. Sandou" (provided the sound effects for Outbreak) were away for a while at a Capcom villa.

Kobuchi kept uploading photos, ranging from the pool with the company logo on the bottom to everyone having a talk, to karaoke. Go figure.

I recognized a few other faces from the sound team mainly involved in the series, so I'm hoping that they'll be involved in the sound design and/or composition for the game.

I was a bit suspicious about the timing of it and asked Kobuchi a few questions in regard to it, she couldn't exactly tell me why they were there either (she tends to speak in English to me, despite that I'm happy to speak Japanese with her) so she either couldn't tell me or wasn't completely sure as to what exactly I was meaning, she was treating it as a little bit of a holiday too though.

I really do hope that they're involved, Kobuchi created a fantastic sound that really added to the atmosphere in Demento/Haunting Ground and her composition for Zero is lovely too. Sandou's sound effects were great.

After Demento, if they have Utsumi involved - then it'd certainly be a winning combo in terms of sound to enhance the visual atmosphere.

And I have to say, love that there's destroyable objects and the lighting part. I've repeatedly mention things like that for ages now, so I'm really interested in seeing that in action.

Multiplayer seems fun, I particularly enjoyed the L4D games for fun - I hope that it turns out to be decent at the least, but it's looking pretty good right now.

And Rider, even if the PC community doesn't get official tools... it'd happen regardless. I think there would be much more effort put into it in contrast to say, the effort by some in regard to modding RE5.
                    Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-28-2011, 11:43 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Non-blurry Signature Version
                    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Hm, didn't Alyson Court tweet about something super secret recently but didn't give a single clue, people presumed Claire in Damnation despite her saying she knew noting about it, perhaps Claire will appear in this game.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                        Hm, didn't Alyson Court tweet about something super secret recently but didn't give a single clue, people presumed Claire in Damnation despite her saying she knew noting about it, perhaps Claire will appear in this game.
                        Seeing as 2 is being used as the basis for the game, most likely so.

I thought that could be possible as well, though I was honestly hoping we'd get a Claire game.

Though, I think it would be interesting with the plot variables like the mentioned main character killing if they did something like BioWare have done with the Mass Effect games to add more variations to things.
                        sigpic
                        Non-blurry Signature Version
                        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                          Man hopefully in MP they will let you play as a bunch of RE characters. Just think of Chris, Jill, Leon, and Claire on one team then having the U.B.C.S on the other and then having B.O.W.'s as well!
                          Too bad capcom will probably charge to unlock them. capcom is one of the worst companies when it comes to DLC.

Comment

I am sure the music will be composed by Capcom Japan for this title also. Hope Bio Medley make an apperance once again.
                            My money's on Jamie Christopherson (at least being partly included), as he seems to be one of Capcom's go-to-guys for orchestrated/classical music with a weird nostalgia sub-touch added to it.

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                            Capcom is one of the worst companies when it comes to DLC.
                            Wait... what? Is this one of those GAF "Konami / Capcom" memes setting foot in here or something? 'Cause that's about the only way this statement makes sense to me (Capcom's got so far to go, even after the character DLC for MvC3, before they're even anywhere close to reaching Konami and Namco proportions of DLC sadness)
                            Last edited by Carnivol; 03-29-2011, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              My money's on Jamie Christopherson (at least being partly included), as he seems to be one of Capcom's go-to-guys for orchestrated/classical music with a weird nostalgia sub-touch added to it.
                              I won’t mind if he's on board with Slant Six's sound team and assisting on some of the tracks in the game. It'd be a good flare to have a combination with the collaboration of the two companies as well. I just hope we can get a similar style like this <3

Comment

I just hope we can get a similar style like this <3

Put Jamie Christopherson in the same room as Bear McCreary and I'm pretty sure you'll at least get something like this

Comment

Working...
                                X