Tibits on Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
    Oh shit, if he succeeds it would be gold.
    Indeed, I never got the chance to play online

I bought both games when they came out but when I bought the internet device you hook up to the back of your PS2 from gamestop, it was missing a piece and there was no trade backs or refunds for used items. After that I said to hell with it. I finally got another one awhile after that, only to find that the servers were discontinued. GREAT!
    Last edited by REmaster; 04-13-2011, 11:24 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Looking at all the comments since my post, I'm sad to see that no one got the joke.

Originally posted by Vector View Post
      I'm not sure why, unless people are somehow CONVINCED that the all-seeing, all-knowing valentine'sdead? got his hands on an early build and KNOWS that the AI is terrible...or if we have a lot of people who dislike multiplayer games.
      Come on, you know me better than that. Do you really think I would compare Sheva's horrendous AI in RE5 to this game? It's a 4 player co-op squad shooter--which usually means the teamates, if their AI controlled, aren't going to get in the way of the single-players actions, ala Gears of War, and anything else you can think about. You might have to heal them when there down, or whatever, but otherwise, you aren't going to get screwed over by them wasting precious ammunition, or green herbs and first aid sprays at the slightest bit of damage. And I would suppose, even if Capcom themselves were making this game internally, they would have learned from the Sheva fiasco.

My opinion on what has been shown so far is my opinion. I'm not hatin' to be hatin'. I simply don't like what appears to be second rate efforts. I never liked Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles. Hell, I much don't even care for Revelations now that's it's been officially confirmed as a prequel(There's like, zero point in that). But, could this game actually be fun? Sure it could. Do I still reserve judgement until some real gameplay is actually shown? Hell yeah, you bet. I'm no stuck up gamer critic. If there's fun to be had--I'm all for it. If the graphics aren't great, and the animations are still crappy by the time the game is released, but the gameplay is fun as fuck--then it's a winner to me(as long as there's no serious glitches, mind you). But if Capcom wanted to minimize the negative reactions, they maybe should have held off on showing the game at "45%". If they want me to be enthusiastic about slamming down $60 bucks for a game, then by golly, there going to have to work for it. As long as there is some legitimate gameplay substance to Raccoon City, then I'll be all for it, but only after they actually show that, "Hey, this game is badass. Buy it. Now. We want you're money."

So until then, the waiting game marches on.
      sigpic

Comment

The game could turn out to be fun, but I would much rather have a game that plays atleast identical to the Outbreaks. Especially now with the Japanese servers closing down June 30th.

I never even got a chance to play online, only experienced and mastered solo play on Very Hard which was still quite enjoyable, but still. From watching all the videos on youtube of online play it just looked like fun.

I'm actually planning to play online the last 2 months it's still up nevertheless. (Hopefully if I can).

Something about the whole U.S.S team against the U.S Special Forces idea just doesn't grasp it for me though. I don't remember there being any indication from past RE's that the U.S even got involved with Raccoon City in the first place, but I could be wrong.

I also don't like the whole "kill Leon" objective being presented here. I thought the U.S.S and/or U.B.C.S were ordered to protect civilians and not kill them? Remember Rodriguez at the beginning of End of the Road in File #2? He was trying to help Linda escape.

Carlos and the rest of the U.B.C.S team were hired mercenaries to protect civilians. Even if Umbrella had a secret objective to take out any potential threats, why go after Leon? As far as Umbrella was concerned, Leon was just a normal harmless cop trying to survive.

Also, wouldn't it be more rational to have the U.S.S skirmish against the U.B.C.S since they both have different objectives?
        Last edited by VirusPunk; 04-14-2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

I'm hoping for some normal R.P.D cop NPC's to be in different areas that we can kill.

Also I pray that the U.B.C.S has a scenario, maybe even unlockable characters?

Hmm Nicolai, Carlos, Mikhael and I guess you could add Jill in for the forth because of her cooperation with the U.B.C.S.

Comment

Working...
          X